Some part of me died with him .

An Unforgettable Experience

 

He had cancer .
 

There was a tumour in his head . It could not be removed . The following month , he was admitted to the hospital where I worked . By that time , his condition had deteriorated . He was only given morphine to lessen his pain . Only time will tell when he would leave me . I visited him every day . I spent almost all of my time with him . He was a very strong person . He was ready to face his fate . 
 
Then one day , he was in intensed pain . The doctor could not do anything but to give him more morphine . He asked me for an impossible favour . He wanted me to end his life . He just could not endure the suffering anymore . I did not want him to suffer too . But I loved him so much . I did not know what to do . 
 
But still , I agreed to help him leave this world . 
 
It was the hardest thing I had to do in my life . With a heavy heart , I raised his morphine dosage . Tears were running down my cheeks as I saw his eyes slowly closed . 
 
While mouthing , "Thank you , love.. "
 
I felt like dying too . "Take me with you Jaejoong-ah .."
 
Then , a nurse came into the room and saw what I did . She quickly screamed . The guards came and arrested me . The doctor came in but Jaejoong was gone . He's dead . I watched his lifeless body lying on the bed . He seemed as if he was smiling at me . I felt sad but I was glad that his suffering had ended . That day , some part of me died with him . 
 
I told the jury the truth . I was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter . I was sentenced to life imprisonment . However , there was still some people who were fighting for my freedom .
 
**************************
 
Time passed by and I had served 15 years in prison . Then one day , a guard told me that I was free to leave the prison . 
 
There was a lot of reporters who wanted to interview me . They wanted my story . It was funny because a criminal supposed to be hated by society , but now I am a hero praised by society . I remember what Jaejoong said to me . He said , "Life is like a box of chocolate . You'll never know what you're going to get" .
 

The end . 

Thanks for reading :)