Chapter 1: It wasn’t the Tooth Fairy, It was Cupid

Love is Hard

It was like seeing a happy bunny hoping around. Flawless skin, a perfect smile, and twinkling eyes. I met that greasy Namstar the day I debuted on Music Core. He warmly welcomed me to the K-pop industry, and to stardom. I couldn’t help but notice that he had a liking to KARA’s Seungyeon. I suddenly felt I had no chance. I had no hope. Maybe it was my negativity, but I’m absolutely, positively sure he has no interest in me what so ever, even though I was head-over-heads for him. I went out of my way just to see him. While he didn’t really want to see me, let alone know I exist. I respected him, and tried my best to stay out of his way. I was getting ready to do a show with my group, along with Infinite. I was getting nervous by the minute. I didn’t want to interact with Woohyun during the show. I knew something bad would happen if I did.

The show was perfectly fine, until we got to the game. It was Cham Cham Cham. I at that game. I didn’t want to play, but I had to. What’s even worse is that I had to play with Woohyun. I didn’t put in any effort. I just let him beat me. It was so embarrassing when he hit me on the head and I fell backwards. That’s the one thing I was trying to avoid: Embarrassment. And yet, it just came to me like a magnet. But Woohyun’s the sweetest guy ever, he helped me get to my feet, but I shyly went back to my spot with the 5 other girls.

After the show, he snuck up to me, surprisingly just to talk to me.

Woohyun: Did you have fun?

SunMi:  It was okay.

Woohyun: Really? I had fun. Especially that part when we played that game. I had the most fun playing with you.

I turned around to face him, shocked at what I just heard. Why did that come out so suddenly? It didn’t seem normal or even human to me. It took me a while to generate everything, and apparently, it took TOO long. Seungyeon had already come, and Woohyun left with her. Seeing those two everywhere made me think they were a couple. I was suspecting a marriage a few years from now. But I convinced myself they were just friends. Getting into the worst case scenario was jumping to conclusions to quickly,

I went home without a word with the members. They didn’t need to know about anything. I just went to sleep, praying that a miracle were to happen. The next morning, I woke up to see a pink rod-like thing sticking out from under my pillow. I removed my pillow and found an arrow, just like a Cupid’s arrow. There was a note attached to it, which read:

Use in emergencies only.

If it is used at the wrong time, there will be consequences.

Use it wisely.

I ripped off the note and put it in my bag to examine it during my schedule. I ran out the door with the other members for our first event of the day. It was a radio show, with infinite. I saw Woohyun with Seungyeon again. What the hell is she doing here? Isn’t she supposed to be filming her newest drama that everyone’s anticipating? I looked through my bag and found the arrow. The note came back to my head.

 ‘Use in emergencies only. ’…Well, this is an emergency.

‘If it is used at the wrong time, there will be consequences.’…Consequences? Like CUPID will punish me….

‘Use it wisely.’…..Woohyung is the only one. I’m using it wisely.

I was so desperate. I had to use it now. I threw that arrow secretly in Woohyung’s direction and prepared to duck and cover. I heard someone calling my name.

“Sunmi-ah! Sunmi! Where are you? Oh! There you are!”

I looked up to see Woohyun. He was a lot happier now than just a few seconds ago.

Woohyun: Are you thirsty yeobo?

Yeobo? Where did that come from?

Sunmi: Y-Yeo..bo?

Woohyun: Yeah. I’ll go get you something to drink!

I looked around all confused. Did that Cupid’s arrow just work? Woohyun was running back with a bottle of apple juice.

SunMi: How did you know I like apple juice?

Woohyun: How would I NOT KNOW what my yeobo likes to drink?

I took it with a satisfied smile. OHHHH Life’s gonna be good like this. I giggled to myself happily, and did the show.

I did the radio show a lot better than yesterday’s variety show. Woohyun and I were stuck together like stuck to a bottom of a shoe. Woohyun talked to me 24/7. He always called me or texted me. I had never talked to someone for so long. He always bought me things, like a new outfit, and a giant bouquet of flowers. I noticed fans started to make a couple name for us. But some are wondering where Seungyeon is.

One time when we were at a studio, Woohyun was joking around with me. Well, that’s what I thought. He kept getting closer and closer to me.  My reaction was backing up, even though I didn’t know why. I wanted to be with him, but why was I backing up? I was cornered by him, my back to the wall. He held my face in place and kissed me. My eyes open, shocked once again. How come…I don’t feel anything? Is it the guilt from disobeying Cupid’s orders? No. That can’t be it. I pushed him away from me, to stop everything. He hugged me and apologized. I kissed him once more just because I wanted to, and went to my dorm.

I slept really well tonight. I didn’t want to wake up. I wanted to stay under the soft, warm blanket. I reached over to the side of my bed to get my phone, but it wasn’t there. I was slapping my hand all over the place. I realized that it wasn’t there. I sat up and bumped my head on the top bunk.

I wasn’t in my room anymore.

I looked around to see pictures of Infinite. WHERE AM I?