Staying In

Trouble Overseas

20 minutes into the movie, he was fast asleep.

 

Eunhyuk woke up to the same fingers tracing over his back. Donghae was checking his phone again, flipping through text messages with one hand while the other caressed him lightly, almost an automatic gesture. He didn’t want to move, because moving would indicate that he was awake, and Donghae would take that to mean that he could be dragged around town again.

The redhead was startled when Donghae suddenly lifted his hand, using both to type out a quick message. As soon as he hit ‘send’ he resumed his loving petting. Eunhyuk felt like purring, but Donghae would probably feel the vibrations on his stomach.

“What time is it?” Eunhyuk asked once he finally decided to get up. His arm had pins and needles from laying on it all night. He had also noticed that he was pressing one of Donghae’s legs up against the back of the couch, and he had been laying right on the man’s hip bone. Since Donghae needed his legs to dance, Eunhyuk decided that he should probably let some blood return to them before they needed to be amputated.

“Mm, close to 9,” Donghae replied, shifting as soon as Eunhyuk moved off of him. They both stretched, acting as though they had just woken up a few minutes ago.

“Want to go on a run?” Eunhyuk asked with a yawn.

Donghae sat up and stretched to look out the back windows. “It looks like it’s raining,” he commented with a frown.

“Ew, really? Why couldn’t we hear it?” Eunhyuk crawled off the couch on shaky feet and wandered into the kitchen, looking out the windows there. Sure enough, there was a steady drizzle that made the entire sky look gray-white.

Hobbling into the room on even more unsteady legs, Donghae joined Eunhyuk at the kitchen counter and peered into the backyard. “Looks like we won’t be doing much exploring today,” he commented with a pout. Eunhyuk huffed in agreement and the two stood there for a while until Donghae asked, “Hyung, will you make me breakfast?”

Eunhyuk snorted, turning to face his friend. “And just what am I supposed to make you?”

“Hmm…well pancakes are easy, right? Aren’t they just flour and water?”

“I…don’t know, actually,” Eunhyuk admitted. Donghae snapped his fingers and reached for his backpack, pulling out his laptop and setting it on the island.

“If I had to search for a recipe, it’d be ‘American-style pancakes’, right?” the younger asked as the computer started up.

“Probably,” Eunhyuk replied, wandering into the pantry to find the necessary supplies. He had managed to find flour, oil, and syrup before he heard laughter from the kitchen.

“Nah, Hyukkie! It’s a good thing we checked before listening to my suggestion. Do you think they have all this?” Donghae scrolled down the list of ingredients to the instructions. “Oh, but it’s actually not complicated…”

“Oh, at least it’s easy!” Eunhyuk mocked teasingly, setting his ingredients down on the counter. He moved to look over Donghae’s shoulder, letting a hand rest on the younger’s waist naturally. “Should we feel bad that we’re using their ingredients?...”

“Should we?” Donghae asked, scrolling back up to the ingredient list. “I mean, we can always restock everything before we leave.”

“True. Help me find the rest of this stuff. If we don’t have it, you aren’t getting any pancakes.”

After collecting all the food ingredients onto the island, they had to search in the cabinets for a mixing bowl, measuring utensils, and a pan. They worked well as a team, measuring and pouring. Or they did, until Donghae almost sabotaged the recipe inadvertently. Flicking batter with his fingers, Eunhyuk told his dongsaeng to get out of his kitchen and take a shower, or else. As he bounded up the stairs with clean clothes in his hands and batter in his bangs, Donghae couldn’t decide whether Eunhyuk was acting more like his sister, or his wife.

He didn’t take long at all in the shower, but by the time he got downstairs Eunhyuk already had a stack of pancakes and a glass of water waiting for him. The elder was nibbling on his empty fork, scowling at Donghae’s computer.

“So I wonder how Siwon got ahold of our cute little selca,” he commented coolly, stabbing at his pancakes now that his dongsaeng had finally joined him.

Donghae peered at the computer screen, seeing a smaller version of the selca he had taken in bed, with added hearts and Siwon’s teasing comments. “Oh, that one,” he clarified, fighting down a smile when he read the message that went along with it. ‘Don’t they look cute together? Your oppas are tired, ELFs! Let’s give them a round of applause for still being adorable~ ^^’

“Why are you taking things like this without my permission?” Eunhyuk whined. “And sending them to Siwon, of all people!”

“I didn’t know Siwon would post it!” Donghae defended lightly, though it was mostly a lie. Siwon loved to post pictures of the members, and his twitter would be full of them if they didn’t stop him half the time. “Besides, it’s not a bad picture of you. It’s actually really cute.” Carving out his pancakes, Donghae dug in, determined to ignore any other complaints his hyung might have. The pancakes were good, if not a little bit raw. He wouldn’t have dared to mention it, though.

“He added hearts and all this fluffy stuff!” Eunhyuk moaned, stabbing his pancakes. “Choi Siwon is shameless! Just wait till I get a good picture of him and Leeteuk-hyung together!”

“You’re worrying too much over this,” Donghae told him, mouth still mostly full with food. “Let the ELFs enjoy their fanservice.”

“Tsk, why? Why must Siwon-hyung encourage them? If he’s an Eunhae shipper I swear I’ll--!”

Donghae laughed and patted Eunhyuk’s arm to calm him down. “Don’t be mean to hyung!” he mock-scolded. “I mean, you have to admit, we make a great couple~!”

Eunhyuk snorted. “We might look good together, but there’s nothing domestic about us.”

“Sure there is!” Donghae replied brightly. “Such as once we’re done with the breakfast that you cooked, I’ll clean the dishes and we’ll cuddle in front of the TV since we can’t go outside and do real couple-y things.” He leaned forward to place a kiss on Eunhyuk’s cheek, sealing the promise. Eunhyuk didn’t look too impressed, but he accepted the kiss, going back to his pancakes without any more complaints.

“I’ll take my shower now,” Eunhyuk murmured a while later, stretching after he had cleaned his plate. His suitcase was already upstairs, so Donghae hurried to fill the sink with hot water before the shower started. He cleaned up quickly and put the ingredients back before hopping onto his computer to check the accounts, keeping updated. Siwon’s picture was on his wall as well and he favorited it, smiling gently. Siwon could be quite the artist when he wanted to.

Donghae was leaning back in his chair, listening to music when Eunhyuk came downstairs. “Oh, a song that isn’t ours!” the elder joked as he toweled off his hair. “You’re finally branching out!”

Shrugging, Donghae frowned a little when he saw Eunhyuk wrap the towel around his shoulders. “Don’t do that, you’ll get your T-shirt wet,” he scolded, pulling the towel off and hanging it over the back of his chair.

Eunhyuk ran a hand through his hair, spiking it up. “Yes, mom,” he teased. Donghae reached forward, silently gesturing for Eunhyuk to lean forward so he could play with the wet hair as well. Eunhyuk complied and Donghae commented, “I really like your hair red, but I think I’m starting to miss the blond, too.”

“”I think I’ll go back to blond once my roots become really noticeable,” the elder replied. Donghae gave him a mohawk and Eunhyuk swatted his hands away. But Donghae just reached up immediately once more, so Eunhyuk grabbed his hands and held them down. Donghae ran his thumbs over Eunhyuk’s fingers, his usual habit.

“Should we find something on TV?” Donghae asked after a moment of them just holding hands. The sound of rain hitting the deck was stronger when the screened porch wasn’t muffling it. The steady pitpat just reminded them that there was very little to do in a house they didn’t own.

Eunhyuk shrugged and Donghae stood, pulling him into the living room. Donghae plopped onto the couch but Eunhyuk sat more conservatively, at the other end of the loveseat. Donghae was closest to the remote so he channel surfed. He had finally settled on a competition course similar to Dream Team when he noticed how stiff Eunhyuk was being. “Nah,” he said to get the man’s attention, “come here.” He patted his chest when Eunhyuk looked slightly confused. “Come on,” he encouraged after a moment passed. “We’re a domestic couple, remember? I promise I won’t take any selcas!”

Chuckling lightly at the younger’s antics, Eunhyuk gave up and finally slid over, laying between Donghae’s legs once more, leaning back against his chest. Donghae wrapped his arms around Eunhyuk’s waist, nuzzling into the redhead as he got comfortable.

It didn’t take them long to get into the show, since it was just idiots running around on inflatable courses and performing some epic wipeouts. Eunhyuk liked the way Donghae’s laughter could shake his entire body, just from their chest-to-back connection. Somehow the two were able to laugh loud enough to fill the large living room. All of a sudden, their large house didn’t seem so imposing.

During a commercial break in their TV show marathon, Donghae checked his phone and groaned. “It’s still so early in the evening. Why did we have to get up so early? On vacation we should sleep in!”

“Nn,” Eunhyuk agreed, stretching lightly. “Isn’t it past lunchtime? We should order something in.”

“Like what?” Donghae asked, rubbing Eunhyuk’s stomach. The action pulled up the hem of the redhead’s shirt. He mewled, squirming to fix his shirt as the chilly air hit his heated skin.

Amused to hear the noise, Donghae asked again, purposefully blowing at the locks of hair by the redhead’s ear. “Um, well you wanted pizza, right? The ones from the commercials look good…”

“Then go get my computer and we’ll see if I can order online for delivery,” Donghae replied, releasing Eunhyuk from his grip. Eunhyuk was scowling lightly when he got up, and Donghae thought he might actually be mad when the redhead dropped his laptop off on the couch and immediately left to go upstairs. Holding his tongue, Donghae opened the internet and searched for a nearby pizza parlor.

He looked up immediately when he heard footsteps coming down the stairs, surprised when he saw the redhead was carrying a quilt. “Are you cold?” he asked, and Eunhyuk shrugged.

“Not really, but this will heighten the cuddling experience, right?” he teased, and Donghae grinned.

“I like the way you think!” the younger held out a hand in invitation and Eunhyuk bundled the blanket around himself, climbing into Donghae’s lap. Donghae placed the computer on Eunhyuk’s lap so they could both see, but he still hugged the man’s back to control the keyboard. With the help of an instant translator and a convenient ad on the TV, they were able to place an order for delivery. Eunhyuk laughed a little when Donghae lifted his hips to get his wallet from his back pocket, the action inadvertently lifting Eunhyuk into the air as well.

After they received the message that their order would be there soon Donghae slid his laptop onto the ground and pulled Eunhyuk against his chest, settling the blanket around them. “You know, once we get comfortable the pizza will be here and we’ll have to get up,” Donghae commented, snuggling into Eunhyuk’s neck.

“Pfffft,” the elder replied, “you will have to get up. I think I’ll stay here and keep the couch warm~.”

Donghae rolled his eyes, smiling softly. “You still have to move so I can get up,” Donghae challenged. “Or I could just lift you and take you to the door with me~!”

Eunhyuk laughed. “No way! I’d smack you!”

“You always do,” Donghae pouted. He rested his chin on Eunhyuk’s shoulder. Eunhyuk twisted, pecking the pouting lips softly.

“Aw, Hae,” he cooed, “have I been a bad hyung to you? Do I need to give the baby more attention?”

“Maybe~?” Donghae whined. He knew he was practically begging for it, but both knew that they were joking. Still, Eunhyuk indulged his dongsaeng, moving to face the younger. Taking the brunette’s cheeks into his hands Eunhyuk squeezed, making baby cooing noises as he rolled Donghae’s head back and forth gently. Donghae let himself be manhandled, hands resting on his friend’s hips. He went cross-eyed and they both burst out laughing, Eunhyuk finally releasing his dongsaeng.

“Aish, you really are a child,” the redhead tsked, but he was still smiling. He shifted a little, trying to get comfortable, so Donghae lifted him and readjusted so that Eunhyuk could straddle his legs instead of having to support himself. Eunhyuk frowned a little as he was forcefully moved around, but he settled onto Donghae’s lap obediently. “You know, I can’t see the TV now,” he informed the younger.

“So? Weren’t you about to shower more affection on me?” Donghae replied with a cheeky grin.

Eunhyuk rolled his eyes and patted Donghae cheek, maybe a little too hard. “It’s a good thing I’m not your only hyung, or I’d probably go crazy,” he joked.

Donghae pouted. “I’m glad too! Hyukkie-hyung hurt me~ I’m gonna tell the other hyungs!” Donghae lunged for his laptop and Eunhyuk laughed, restraining him.

“Wait, wait!” he called, and Donghae sat up again. “Where does it hurt? I’ll kiss it better.” Donghae sniffed dramatically and pointed to his cheek like a small child. Eunhyuk leaned in, steadying himself with Donghae’s shoulders, and placed a quick kiss below the younger’s eye.

“Yah, you missed!” Donghae complained immediately. “It’s closer to here!” And he pointed to his jaw bone. Eunhyuk rolled his eyes but complied, leaning in for a second kiss. “Ah!” the dongsaeng suddenly cried, “I think you hit me so hard the pain went to the other side as well!”

Eunhyuk pulled back and gave him a doubting smile. “That’s the story you’re going with?” he asked teasingly.

“Pleaaaase?” the younger pleaded with a puppy face. “It hurts so bad, and it was technically your fault!”

Sighing, Eunhyuk shook his head and chuckled. “You’re impossible!” he scolded as he leaned in to peck the opposite cheek.

Except he never made it to the smooth skin, because much smoother lips intercepted him. It took him a moment to realize, but when he pulled back Donghae had a smug grin and was his lips.

“Yah, what was that for?” Eunhyuk complained, although he unintentionally his own lips. “Aish, you taste like pancakes and syrup!”

“Yummy right?” Donghae replied cheekily.

“Tch, I already had breakfast.” Eunhyuk stuck his tongue out defiantly and Donghae’s eyes darkened.

“Then you wouldn’t want another taste?” he asked, but before the redhead could reply he had already chastely joined their lips once more. Eunhyuk groaned in protest, his fingers clenching on Donghae’s shoulders as Donghae gently bit his lower lip, lapping at the mark a moment later. He moved away, hovering in Eunhyuk’s breathing space, and when the elder didn’t say a word he dove in once more, lifting a hand to cup the back of his hyung’s neck, fingers sliding into red locks easily. Eunhyuk began to reciprocate under Donghae’s gentle coaxing, sliding forward in his friend’s embrace. They broke for breath together, always returning with more fervor than before. Eunhyuk whined when Donghae took advantage of an opening and slipped into his hyung’s mouth, ravishing him. The elder pushed back, their wet muscles wrestling for dominance.

The hand at Eunhyuk’s waist caressed the skin above his jeans, inching higher, fingers spreading across fine abs, curling when they found the man’s happy trail. Eunhyuk groaned at the sensation, tilting his head back to take in several gulping breaths. Donghae attacked his neck, kissing the prominent tendons, a trail up to the redhead’s ear, where he blew teasingly.

Eunhyuk moaned, biting his lip at the sensation and scrambling for purchase at Donghae’s shoulders. Tangling his fingers in brunette hair Eunhyuk tilted Donghae’s head back and kissed him harshly, clashing their teeth together with the force. Donghae groaned, more than happy to let Eunhyuk take over, his fingers dancing over firm abs and a very annoying belt buckle.

Eunhyuk had just leaned back for a breath when the doorbell rang. Both men were immediately shocked and turned in the direction of the kitchen door.

Donghae his lips and rasped weakly, “Guess the pizza’s here.”