'Hello'

Falling In Love

 

(8) Falling In Love - Bae Da Hee 
 
 
YOU POV.
 
You met him before, perhaps 10 years ago. You were both just kids, but even as kids you had the slightest, tiniest crush on him. But as you know, crushes come and go, just like he came and went. So naturally you forget about him. 
 
------------
 
Now you're finally entering University, 10 years later, 20 years of age. You are a beautiful young woman - so everyone says. But conciously, you don't like your body because you're not pretty enough. The clothes you wear are just comfortable - nothing special, nothing that makes you stand out. You wear bulky glasses because you don't like contacts - and well your hair is just plain jane. But you are determined to be different, a bit more outgoing. Clearly your fashion sense isn't making a statement, but your voice and personality is sure to. 
 
----------
LU HAN POV.
 
"Hello there!" you say to the awkward freshman standing infront of you. You've been assigned to a music major named, _______. Her information card doesn't say much - but thats more fun for you. You get to find out more about her yourself. 
 
"Hi!" She chimes, while  flashing a small smile. Its barely there, but you notice her cute dimples. After dwelling on the lower half of her face, you finally look up and take in her whole face. And you do a double take. She looked way too familiar. 
 
The eyes, hidden behind her unfitting glasses, weren't too small nor too big. That familair black hair - though you were unsure because hair was bound to change. Her jaw line, not as defined as most girls but there. But it was really the smile that caught you. The distinct shape of her lips, unlike most girls, curved up even though she wasn't smiling. 
 
"Let me introduce myself, I am a second year music major, like you. My name is Lu Han." you know you sound like a dork, but she looked a little nerdy too.
 
She smiles at you, and you think your heart skipped a beat. Those curved lips, turned into a smile made her look absolutely... stunning. You barely heard her when she said "Hi Lu Han, my name is _____."
 
Once she finishes, you stare in disbelief. Now you know she's so familiar. 10 years ago! 
 
---------
YOU POV.
 
Lu Han takes you around, and before you know it its almost curfew. Lu Han and you visited everywhere in the campus while stopping by your future classrooms. Along the way you two discussed music - singing, piano, guitar. You learn that he also does dance, and you tell him that you did ballet.  
 
You notice Lu Han's childish smile and face, and the shine in his eyes when he speaks of singing. You can't help but smile when he shows you that side of him. You are captured by his prescence - wondering if Lu Han knew of his powers over you. 
 
A bit sad that the night had to end as you had so much fun with Lu Han. Despite being the first time meeting him, you too got along well. But the night had to end. After the extensive tour, Lu Han eventually led you to your dorm. In front of your dorms, you two lingered a bit. You walked up a step, only to look back at Lu Han. For the first time you two met eye to eye, as you were noticeably shorter than him. 
 
Lu Han looks at you and smile, "Thanks for today! You know it was my first time doing this, and I'm glad I got paired up with you, ____".
 
"No thank you Lu Han," you said politely, feeling your cheeks growing red. You continue to stare into his eyes. 
 
A leaf falls from the tree next to your dorm, and as if by fate it lands on your soft black hair. Lu Han notices, and before you could say anything he steps onto the same step as you, towering over you and picks the leaf out. 
 
For that split second, you were facing Lu Han's chest. You breathed in, breathing in his scent. It was fresh, like the smell of spring; and yet it was a tad dark perhaps like the woods - you couldn't decide. You breathed him in, and sighed. 
 
And in that second, you don't know what over took you, but as soon as he was finished with the leaf, he lowered his face. He was facing right at you.  His dark brown orbs (that you noticed was full of emotions) stared into you - as if letting you peer into his world. It was an intense moment, that you couldn't describe but you loved it. Without knowing, you embraced him. 
 
You were shocked by your own actions, "Oh gosh! I'm sorry!" quickly releasing your arms. But only then do you realize that he was also hugging you. 
 
"No, I wanted to hug you too," he whispered, his lips right by your ears. Right there and then you decide that Lu Han had the most heavenly voice. 
 
You two stay embraced for a while, until the air got awkward. He releases you. You look at him, and he laughs, you wonder what was wrong. 
 
"Hm... why are you laughing?"
 
"Oh it's nothing. Your face was in such a state of bliss _____, you looked radiant"
 
Gosh, he is a charmer, you thought, but you couldn't help but melt at his words. Trying to escape from embarrassment as your cheeks were growing even more red, you quickly turned around and walked up the steps. 
 
Right before you enter your dorm doors, Lu Han says "Good Night _______!" causing you to turn around and bid him good night. And then you disappear into the dorm. 
 
--------
THIRD PERSON POV. 
 
That night, you both didn't sleep well. 
 
Lu Han tossed and turned in bed, mentally slapping himself for not getting _____'s number or anything. Lu Han was too mesmorized by that look on ______'s face, when ________ smiled. He knew who she was, from 10 years ago. That little girl on the playground, it was unmistakable - that smile, those dimples. 
 
So he laid in bed, staring up at the ceiling, debating what to do. He didn't know what was happening, but he coudln't sleep. All his thoughts were of you, you, you and only you, ______. He closed his eyes, and there you were. 
 
_____ didn't have it any easier. Still high from his scent and hug, you rushed back to your room and just fell into the bed in bliss. Worn out from the day you quickly fell asleep. In your dream, you were remembering back to your childhood days, of this little boy that you used to play with.......
 
And your eyes shot open. It couldn't be... my crush from before? LU HAN?! You weren't sure if it was the same Lu Han... but it didn't matter because the Lu Han you met today was already in your thoughts. You didn't believe in love at first sight though. 
 
Still thinking you drift off into dream world again. 
 
Just as Lu Han did, dreaming a dream about _____. 
 
And thats when you both realize, you were falling in love.... again? A smile crept up upon both your faces. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Yay for finished fanfic. Hope everyone likes. <3