Chapter 3

Successful

 

Minho 

Here I am stuck in freaking math class slowly dying while the teacher drones on like we actually care. So far so good I had managed to get through the class without being called on or harassed by the she-devil. I took a quick glance at the clock and almost rejoiced because I had lunch next. Only 3 more minutes until I can get outta here and hang with my friends! I started smiling to myself which didn't go unnoticed by the teacher.

"Ahh Mr. Choi I'm so glad you find math amusing! Now how do we do this problem?"

Damn it, she always knew how to ruin a great mood. "Umm...well...I..." I found it best to stall in these situations so that I was free from answering things I didn't know.

"We're waiting."

I pretended to be in deep thought and right as I opened my mouth to answer, the bell rang. Not wanting to spend another minute in her presence, I quickly exited the room in search of my friends. Heh only half the day left!

Taemin 

"Little Tae Tae where ya going?"

I quietly panicked when I saw that god awful group of boneheads who were the top of the food chain make their way to my direction. I had few options, run to the rooftop and hide, take my beating like a man or try and run to a teacher for help. Though all of these ideas were great, they all had the same outcome.

I opted for running away and hiding up on the roof and proceeded to run as fast as I could in order to get away.

"Pretty Tae why are you running from us?" I heard that sickly voice ask.

I tried to ignore them and kept on running, willing all of my strength to go to my legs but it was useless. The odds were against me from the start especially because they're all athletes. I then slowed down to catch my breath and waited for them to catch up to me. Looks like I'm going for option two instead.

"Aww why do you keep running away? All we wanna do is hang out." the leader said.

I whimpered and turned away. I just wanted this to be over and done with. 

"Oh look. You scared him."

"Oh the ? It's probably used to it by now it's been going on for quite some time."

"Why even feel sorry? Those things don't have feelings."

"Probably wishes his boyfriend was here to help him."

I just stood there staring at the ground and taking the abuse. Hot tears prickled the corners of my eyes but with time I had learned to suppress them until later. If I was lucky this would be my only punishment for the day and I could go home unharmed. I just prayed to some higher being that they would leave me alone and let me go on living my life.

"Your existence makes me want to gorge my eyes out. Apologize."

I slowly looked up having finally been addressed. "...I...I'm sorry..."

"Aish you’re pathetic. Apologizing and you don't even know why. Get out of my face." after he said this the group made an effort to push me harshly on the ground and leave me alone. Once the footsteps were long gone I began to cry. I figured if I did it now, the others wouldn't question about it later. Just a few more weeks and I can forget about this place. Just a few more.

Jonghyun 

Today has been exceptional! So far I've managed to get a 68 on my English quiz (the highest grade to date!), pass my physics test with flying colors (well it was only an 80 but I viewed it as a 100) AND not get scolded for sleeping in my classes. A pretty successful day if I do say so myself.

Now that the day was over I could go home and relax bef...wait no I had to meet everyone at the studio for more arduous practice. The debut was only weeks away but I didn't feel as afraid as the others, I felt relived. I had spent years training and juggling schoolwork just so that I can accomplish my dream and now that it's coming true I feel calm. Well you probably wouldn't know it because I'm always hyper, but we need a hyper person to help the others when they're down.

As I stepped into the studio I felt as if a huge wave of angst hit me. Onew looked as I he was about to fall over (which given the nature of our leader isn't too uncommon), Key looked like he was meditating, Minho had his head in a textbook and Taemin was jumping around trying to make everyone smile. Hmm, typical looks like my presence is needed after all! 

Onew 

As the leader it was my job to make everyone happy and get everyone together but today I just wanted to curl up and sleep until next week. My headache from earlier hadn't shown any signs of going away and I had been stuck in the SM building since I first arrived here. Yet I still needed to be perky playful Jinki and get my group in order to start practice.

"Alright guys! Let's do this right and then we can go straight into preparations!"  Everyone slowly got up and stood in formation. If they were able to overcome fatigue then I could forget about my throbbing head for a while.

-------------------------------------------------------------

After hours of rigorous practice and no break I called for an end to practice. I had somehow managed to fight through my fatigue and dizziness to make it through the trying hours we were locked in that practice room. Now all there was left was the car ride back and to fall asleep. 

Everyone looked beat up and dead tired and there was nothing I could do to help them as I feel the same way. The only thing I can do is keep up a positive attitude and hope for the best. We now have only a few weeks before our debut stage and we need to just pull it together. If we can just endure a few weeks of promotions we can have a break and be able to relax before it starts over again. Well that's assuming that we are even successful. I hope our response is good. All it takes is that one moment for everything to kick start our career. But then again it only takes one mistake to ruin it.

-------------------------------------------------------------

AN: Happy 4th of July everyone *^^*! I'm not gonna bore you as to why I haven't updated cause I'm pretty sure you wouldn't care XD I mean I wouldn't! But here it is crappy chappy number 3 :/. My second and third chapters always and I couldn't fit the time skip so nxt one will be extra super long maybe. Until next time ^^.