Chapter 2

Successful

 

TAEMIN POV

It was a bright and sunny day while I sat in a field enjoying the sun on my face. Suddenly the sun disappeared to be replaced by clouds, which then started to produce rain. However, this was no ordinary rain; it was raining banana milk! I ran around trying to catch it all because I mean how often does it rain YOUR favorite drink?

"Taemin get up." I heard someone say. 

I discreetly opened one of my eyes so that I could see them without being caught awake. When my eye was opened enough I glanced to the side just to be met with Key ummas calculating gaze. In one hand he held my neatly ironed uniform and the other was placed on his hip. The bags under his eyes stood out prominently on his face but acted as if they didn’t affect him in the slightest. I really did appreciate that he got up so early so that I may get to school on time, but sometimes I wish that he would just sleep in for once.

Now fully awake, I turned to acknowledge him. "Aww can't I go back to sleep?" I tried my agyeo. Heh no one can resist that.

"No, now please get up!" well maybe Key being the exception.

"But I was having this dream and it was raining banana milk and I was trying to catch it all but you woke me up too early! And besides...I fell sick." I faked a cough and rubbed my throat. Quite honestly I'd do anything to get out of school.

"You know that we have banana milk in the fridge granted you didn't drink it all. And don't give me that you’re feeling sick Taemin; we both know you're fine. Get you’re a... up!" he fumed.

Since Key's word was final, I made no attempt to argue and reluctantly got up. I inwardly sighed; it looks like I'll have to face another day of my personal hell otherwise known as school. I hate practically every living being at that stupid place. All they do is bully me because I look like a girl and love to dance. They call me terrible names, push me into lockers, steal my books and on some days I come home bruised. I haven't spoken to anyone else about it because all of our members have been under terrible stress and all I would do is make them worry. Accepting my defeat, I unsteadily stumbled to the shower to get ready for school. I just hope today was a good day.

MINHO POV

I sat at the table trying to scrawl down some last minute answer on the math sheet that I didn't bother looking at last night. I seriously don't get the point of math or why the hell it even exists. I'm always trying to find the solution to some x or y formula that makes absolutely no sense. Besides, I'm debuting in a group, it makes no sense for me to know quadratic equations or slope formulas. I understand English better than this nonsense and that's saying something judging by my grades. I sighed loudly and ruffled my hair in frustration.

"Good morning Miho hyung~" I looked up to see a chipper Taemin entering the living room.

"Morning." I mumbled.

"Watcha doing?" he asked peeking over my shoulder.

"Math. I'm so stuck I'm just going to give up on it."

"Oh, good luck!" he replied before trotting into the kitchen.

Oh screw this; I'll just wing it when I get to class. I wouldn't even be remotely bothered by my decreasing math grade had it not been for soccer. I had to keep up an average above the failing mark which in this case is a 65. My math grade...we won't go there.

I abruptly got up and headed for the door. "I'm off." I called over my shoulder.

"Bye!" Taemin and Key called out. I wonder how Key heard me from the other side of the dorm and more importantly, where were the other two?

I shook off these trivial thoughts and sat on the bench waiting for the bus to arrive. It was definitely going to be very long day.

KEY POV

Taemin up and ready for school. Check                                                        
Lunches and breakfast made. Check
                                                                 
Jonghyun gone. Check
                                                                                           
Minho on his way to school. Check
                                                                
Taemin leaving for school. Check
                                                                     
Waking up Onew...Incomplete

Yes, my mental check list would've been complete had it not been for our lazy sluggish leader. Waking him up was a feat that not even the freaking army could accomplish. I was lucky that my classes started an hour later than everyone else; otherwise I'd be late for class every day. I mean why was I stuck with the stupid morning chores? If I even thought about not doing them for a day, the whole dorm would be in utter chaos. Sigh, well I guess I should get this over with. 

I walked into the room just to see our lazy leader wrapped in a cocoon of comforters and blankets. Great.

"Yah, wake up!" I tugged on the blankets but he wouldn’t budge.

"Hey, Onew hyung you're gonna be late if you don't get up." maybe the polite approach will wake him...Still no reply.

"Alright then now we do this my way." I climbed on the bed and pushed him onto the floor.

"Shwenghh???" he opened his eyes in surprise.

"GET YOUR LAZY UP!" I screamed. Ugh now it looks like I really am going to be late for class.

ONEW POV

Of course when I "mysteriously" fell out of bed this morning (I mean really Key, you couldn't just spray water on my face?) I wound hitting my head and now I have a headache. I don't even know why he went through the trouble to wake me this morning I don't have class today. Well now that I'm awake I can probably finalize some things for the debut. Oh the responsibility of a leader.

I called the company and they sent over a car to come and get me. Ooh they certainly were getting fancier because before I'd have had to call a cab or take the bus. The ride to the company was quiet, maybe because of the lack of nagging and shouting that usually served as my background music. Not that I didn't enjoy the company of my dongsaengs, but it's nice to be able to think in silence. Ah yes, the debut was now mere weeks away and I could tell that the others were becoming nervous. We would be performing in front of thousands of people, if not more. One slip up can spell the end of a promising career that we haven't even started yet. Everything needs to be precise and perfect so I won't let my members down. In practice I notice that the person who has the most trouble with things is me. I am afraid that I won't live up to the expectations that everyone has of the leader of a group.

I ruffled my hair in frustration and decided that too much thinking will just make my head spin even more than it is already. I just want to debut and get this over with.

TAEMIN POV

Phew. So far so good I've managed to dodge several people and not fall asleep during any if my classes (an accomplishment in my book). Sure I was a "bright" student, but I have absolutely no motivation to be stuck in a place where everyone hates you. The only things keeping me here are my hyungs who are expecting me to do well and my only friend at this school, Young-So (who happened to be missing today). Young-So often helped me evade my tormentors and when we were caught he would help defend me or even take the beating with me.

The bell buzzed through the intercom and I bolted out of the room before the hallways became crowded with people. Crowds meant people and people meant I was probably going to be ridiculed. I felt stares on my back as I practically ran through the halls to get to my locker. I just needed to grab my lunch and go straight to the rooftop where I would be undisturbed and could possibly hide out for the rest of the day. But of course, nothing that I plan could ever go the way I want it too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN: Hey guys! Sry for the long wait, as you could imagine I just finished school so I won't be bombarded with tests and 3 page long essays that the teacher only gives us a weeks’ notice for I mean seriously how much sense does that make? Achem, excuse me for that. Anyhow, I've decided that I'll try and update on Mondays and/or Tuesdays just to keep you at the edge of your seats heh heh heh. This chapter was...meh :P. But I'd like to think of it as the boring chapter that leads way into the good stuff! Next chapter will include a time skip towards their debut; otherwise this story would get really boring really fast. Oh and also thank you to all those who have taken time out of their lives to read this thing and subscribe/comment (once I figure out how to reply to that I will) XD. So I’m going off on another tangent here, until next time!!! ^^