Thirty-Third Anteroom: Save Hell, 'Coz It Might Be Just Too Late For Heaven To Rise

The House Behind The Magnolias
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

There was nothing else but fire. All around me. The people were screaming in agony. And the air was smelling of burned flesh and dry blood.

I looked around. The smoke was thick and it didn’t let me see in front of me. But a hand appeared and grabbed my wrist. Soon after, Luhan stepped closer to my body, making me tremble.

“See this, Eun Rim?”he pointed at the fire that was burning everything around us. “This is all your doing,”he leaned closer to me. “This is the end of this world. You can’t escape me now, Eun Rim,”he whispered into my ear. “So why don’t you join me? We’ll rule over the ruins of this world. Together we’ll unleash Hell on Earth and make God cry.”

I felt my blood boiling in my veins. “NEVER!”

“Eun Rim? Eun Rim! Wake up love!”

My eyes shot open. Seung Ho was looking at me with a worried face. “Hey, are you ok?”he cupped my cheek.

“Luhan.”

“What?”

“I dreamed of Luhan.”

“Was it ?”he smiled, kissing my cheek.

“Seung Ho,”I turned to him. “I know what’s his next move.”

“And you say this only now?!”he shot from the bed and dragged me outside the bedroom and down the stairs. “Guys, come in the kitchen,”his voice echoed on the stairs.

We entered the kitchen and soon after us, the guys came too.

“What’s this, so early in the morning?”Joon yawned. “Do you have anything important to tell us or what?”

“Actually, she does,”he pushed me a little forward.

“Wait!”Joon raised his hand just when I opened my mouth. “You’re not getting married, are you?”

“Joon!”GO hissed from behind.

“No,”I smiled.

“Phiu!”he wiped some imaginary seat from his forehead.

“Let’s sit,”I showed them the chairs. “Look guys, I know Luhan’s next move.”

“How?”asked Thunder with a frown.

Yeah, how? “I don’t know. I just do,”I shrugged.

“So, is he still planning on destroying the Earth?”Mir took a bite from his green apple.

“Yes, that too. But what’s more important, he wished to make this world his world, he dreams of becoming the supreme ruler. Over God…”

“Some psycho,”GO mumbled under his breath.

“So, is there any way to stop him?”Seung Ho turned to me.

“Look, his plan is to make the Americans bombard Korea with the nuclear bombs they’ve been creating lately. He’s trying to kill this country first and then take over the others little by little. He wants to get us all…”

“So, what’s the plan after all?”Joon broke the silence.

I just looked at Seung Ho and squeezed his hand under the table.

“We’ll fight,”he said, clenching his jaw. “I don’t care if I die in the process, but I for some odd reason, I want to protect this world. This country. They offered me so many things…”

“Good and bad,”said GO.

“Tears and smiles,”said Joon.

“Love and hatred,”Mir’s eyes sparkled.

“Friends and foes,”Thunder mumbled.

I took Thunder’s hand over the table and stretched out to Seung Ho my other one. “Trust.”

♃~✵~♃

We headed towards Seoul on the 5th of August. The sky was still black. And he was waiting for us.

When we first stepped inside the city, there was nothing but silence. And then suddenly, a scream pierced that deathly atmosphere, making us all quiver. The people from the city were running. They were struggling with the poison that was spreading in the air.

And we were six. In front of that army of darkness, we were six. And we were holding hands. We were passing hope from one to another. We were making plans on what to do after we get out of there in one piece. I was dreaming in white. Seung Ho was sharing my dream. Thunder was wishing to open up a clinic. Joon was wishing for a Circus ticket. GO just wanted to spend some time with his spirits, while Mir wanted to meet his family and apologize. We all had dreams and we all hoped that the fire won’t touch them…

We just had to stay alive.

That day was a black day. People joined us. The army joined us. Everywhere you looked you could see smoke and fire. People were dying. People were hurt. Some were crying. And the birds were not letting us breath…Shootings were making them even more aggressive.

The sunset that came was a teary one. ‘Coz we all fell on the ground. We were tired. We were wounded. And we were scared.

“Join me, Eun Rim!”Luhan’s voice made everyone silent. “Join me! Join me and we’ll rule over this world of death and weaknesses!”

I clenched my fists. “Never! Do you hear me, Luhan? Never! I’d rather die!”<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter