T h i r t y-F i r s t A n t e r o o m: Hide And Seek

The House Behind The Magnolias
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

My feet were hurting. That was the only feeling I had at that moment. ‘Coz my whole body was frozen from the cold, I could no longer feel the pain that was hitting my flesh. Only my feet were hurting like hell.

The city was like a ghost haunting in the middle of a field. And there was nothing else but silence and ice. Everything seemed to be frozen and still under the drifts of snow. I was afraid. I was scared of that black sky. And Lilith was still asleep inside of me…

I tiptoed inside the house. The servants left. Gok left. Everyone left.

“Who am I going to protect if everybody left?”I whispered, too afraid to disturb the silence. “Who am I going to save when I don’t even know if he’s alive? Who’s going to protect my heart? This world…this world is dying. Maybe I should let it be. Who knows? Maybe it’s destiny to die now and maybe it’s destiny to die from his hands…”

I dragged my feet up the stair towards my bedroom. Inside it was really dark. And warm. The atmosphere was strange and stuffy…

“Well, well, if it’s not Lilith herself,”spoke a voice in the darkness, making me quiver. “I knew you’d come back, ‘coz after all, you wouldn’t stand the thought that your precious Seung Ho could be hurt…by me.”

He the lights, hurting my eyes. “Don’t tell me you didn’t miss me at all!”

“L-Luhan!”

He nodded, keeping that strange smile on his face. He looked different. His hair was back to being wavy, falling softly on his forehead, still having the color of honey. His skin was white and his eyes were sparkling strangely. His entire outfit was black.

“Don’t you have anything to tell me?”

“What’s up with the make-up?”I shrugged.

He began laughing. “That’s why I like you! There’s no ‘What are you doing here?” in you. You understand pretty quickly the situation. Or am I wrong?” He appeared right behind me. “Tell me Eun Rim, am I wrong? You don’t understand the situation you’re in right now?”his fingers trailed on my neck, moving towards my jaw.

I shook my head.

“Then let me tell you. This is the moment when you should run. Run as fast as you can ‘coz I will kill you if I catch you,”he whispered in my ear as his fingers clenched on my jaw. “RUN! RUN YOU FOOL ‘COZ I DON’T LIKE EASY PREYS!”he yelled behind me as I went down the stairs at full speed.

But there was no way out for me. The doors closed in my face and so did the window. I ran around the house, looking for aplace to hide. So I transformed:from the hunter I became the game. Cruel fate!

“Are you done, ‘coz here I come!”Luhan laughed, making me hide in the kitchen. “Where are you? Where are you?”he chanted from the hallway. “You know that you can’t hide from me, right? I’m so gonna find you and I’m gonna kill you. Slowly. So that you feel the pain you put me through ever since 1940!” His steps seemed to approach. There wasn’t really any pace that could protect me from him. The cooking machine was near enough. I opened the oven careful not to make any sound and I the gas…

“Silly girl! Do you think gas can kill me?”he laughed from behind me. “I am immortal! And you should know that!”he pulled me up by grabbing my wrist. “You’re no fun, Eun Rim. I thought you’re smarter than this,”he breathed in my face. Even his breath was smelling of death. “C’mon! I’ll give you another chance! ‘Coz today I feel generous. Go! Run! Hide! And don’t you dare let me find you easily!”

I stumbled on my own f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter