T e n t h A n t e r o o m: The Spectrum

The House Behind The Magnolias
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

October came with wind and rain falling down over the House, it came with coldness and sleet. It came with longing after sun and warmth, after the noises of the nature.

“What do we have at dinner tonight, Eun Rim?”Luhan came inside with his arms wrapped around a pille of wood that he put next to the stove.

I smiled. He was doing it again. Calling my name at the end of the question, making a trivial question sound like a personal matter. And every time he did that it felt like he was tasting my name. His tongue around the air while giving out the round sound of ‘Eun’ and the trilled tremor of his sweet voice when ‘Rim’ was coming out right after…Everything around him, around Luhan, the boy with sapphire-like eyes, was joy and warmth. Even the soft flakes of snow that sometimes fell on his jacket while he chopped wood in front of the entrance seemed to melt almost instantly.

“Steak with roasted potatoes,”I frowned while my eyes followed the lines from the cookery book. “That if I manage to understand what they ask me here!”I mumbled while pouring some red wine on the meat.

“Let me see,”he took the heavy book from the table. “It says to spice the meat and then put it into the oven. I think you put too much pepper,”he smiled at me. “Why don’t you let me do this? I think I’m more capable than you!”

I pinched my nose, pretending to be angry. “I can manage on my own, thank you very much!”I pushed him aside. “You can go chop some more wood. I want to bake a cake too…”

“Just be careful not to burn down the house.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?!”I yelled as I threw my spoon towards his head.

“Watch that!”

“Get out!”

“I don’t wanna! It’s cold outside!”

“Then go read a book!”

“I don’t wanna! It’s cold in the office!”

“THEN LIT THE FIRE! JUST GET OUT!”

“Woman, you should control that temper of yours,”he said in a deep voice while grabbing my hands, stopping me from throwing more flour to him. “Look what you did!”

The kitchen turned into a battlefield covered in white dust. Luhan’s honey hair was white, making him look like an old young man.

“It’s your fault anyway,”I pulled my wrists from his grasp. “You provoked me!”

His white teeth sparkled behind his red lips. “Guilty!”

“Whatever,”I held in a smile.

He began sweeping the flour from the floor and I returned to my book, frowning. Luhan was…a strange child. A unique companion that was warming up my days, but that could do nothing about the coldness that was holding me during the night. Luhan was great during the day, but when the door of my bedroom was coming between us, I was no longer aware of his presence. I depending on him like you depend on air, but at night…there was something or better said, someone else that was on my mind, consuming my thoughts and making me scream with my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter