i. youngbae

When BIGBANG teaches..

 

 

          “Do… Re… Mi…”, I quietly mumbled.

            Ten minutes ago, I sat down to attempt one of my countless tries at the piano. What I was playing, I had absolutely no clue. The piano’s majestic melodies heard in all types of music were every non-pianist’s dream – at least it was mine. The piano didn’t seem to want to cooperate. Everything I played sounded like goop.

            “Heh heh”, I heard a quiet chuckled. “What’re you doing?

            Turning around on the bench I perched on, I saw Youngbae standing in the doorway of one of the many YG studios. I worked as an YG intern, so I saw the Big Bang members frequently, but never outside of work hours for personal matters.

            I began explaining to him my recent need to conquer the music industry with the fabulous trait I called skill, but he cut me off by ordering me to scooch over so he could have a seat. Getting up to give him more room on the tiny one-person bench, he protested, pulling my arm to get me to sit back down.

            “No no”, he said, slipping an arm around my waist. ”Like this”, he continued, correcting my posture.

            A slight blush was forming across my face due to the close proximity of one of my biases, but he yet again initiated contact.

            Carefully lifting the arm that was around my waist, he reached for my hands and held them in his own larger ones. Placing them on the keys in front of me, he asked, “Have you ever played before?” looking me in the eyes. His arm still around me, I managed a small nod, not quite sure how to respond.

            “Heh, well I can see you’re not that fast a learner. Or maybe your teacher is mediocre”, he smiled slyly.

            At this, I turned around to face him, shock registered on my features. I never knew he could be the rude type.

            A wide, teasing smile broke out on his face, and I immediately took back my thoughts. What a relief. He was just joking. His sweetheart image was real. I was glad.

            He began pressing on the keys with my hands. A simple melody - Wedding Dress? I asked him. He smiled cutely with a nod. Stopping abruptly, he shifted his hands so that they were caressing my waist, holding me next to him in place. He leaned in close, close enough so that I could smell his cologne, close enough to feel his breath on my ear.

            “Your turn”, he whispered in his y voice, sending a shudder down my spine, a slight blush on my cheeks.

            I tried to play, to show him what I was made of, but the closing gap between us was very distracting. I felt things I never felt for him before, just admiring in the shadows, the sight of him filled my vision; all him, only him –

And then he was gone. Someone had called for him in another room. The shout came again after a few moments and this time he answered it. He looked at me and his lips, waving once before exiting the room.

He looked back. “Bye you”.

I never thought he’d know my name.