A trusted old friend

Severely (A Taeyeon and Hongki fanfic)

(Taeyeon’s POV)

“How are you, Hongki? I haven’t seen you in ages!” Jessica said excitedly. “I’m doing well, what about you two?” He asked and then gave an awkward smile. “We’re both pretty good” Jessica answered, it was like they were having their own conversation. “So you’re bodyguard now?” I said while examining him in a bodyguard suit. “Pretty much, yeah…”

Jessica’s mother came towards our way and smiled at Hongki. “Looks like you three have met” She said. “Yes… we were childhood friends” Jessica told her mum how they used to be close friends before she left to America. “Well… that’s very nice because we’re hiring him as our new bodyguard, is that right Hongki?” my step- mother questioned Hongki. “Ah… yes madam” He looked confused, probably because he wasn’t even sure who he would be working for. “Yay! That’s great, us three can be friends like before” Jessica said excitedly once again. For what I know, us three weren’t ‘friends’, we met in primary school before my dad died, Hongki was always alone, Jessica was popular among every other kid, and I was a kid who was always bossed around by Jessica and her ‘gang’.

*flashback*

I was sitting on the side of a pavement crying nonstop… alone, without anyone to care. I remember clearly. My father had another heart attack and the doctors recommended him to stay at hospital because his case was getting worse and worse. I sat there… scared… afraid, afraid to be alone without my father. One beautiful hand gently touched the top of my head and slowly patted it. I looked up and saw the boy that I always never wanted to be because he was all alone. “Don’t cry, everything is going to be alright.” He comforted me with his soft voice. “Who are you?” I asked him at the same time, trying to stop myself from crying. He smiled, his smile was warm when you look at it and since I was little, I couldn’t understand why, but now I’m very thankful to him. “My name is Hongki, nice to meet you!” He smiled again, why was he always smiling, isn’t it bad to be alone? That’s what I use think, now being alone is normal for me. Since that day he was my best friend, I didn’t get bullied by Jessica anymore, instead she started clinging onto Hongki.

*end of flashback*

“Taeyeon! Taeyeon!” Hongki’s voice dragged me back to present. “Were you in dreamland?’ He asked. “No… I was just… never mind.” I said. “Jessica left with her mum” Hongki told me, I can’t believe it… I was thinking about the past so much that I didn’t even see Jessica leave. “Don’t worry, their driver drove them home and your step- mother told me to drive you pass the library to get some books for Jessica, she needs the text books that you’re currently studying at school.” He explained. “She could have got her books herself.” I said, she must’ve not changed at all. “She said she had some things to pack at home since she only got back from America today, and she needed the text books for university.” I nodded and went along with it.

 

“What have you been doing lately?” He asked as we got in the car. “Nothing much, being bossed around by my step- mother like usual.” I answered honestly like everything was normal. “Oh… how about we go to a zoo together sometime, I went there a few times and it is so fun!” He suggested which made me excited. “Really? But my step- mother would never allow me to…” I said after getting my hopes up. “Don’t worry, we’ll find an excuse” He said like it wasn’t a big problem at all. His ‘don’t worries’ always made me trust him, because he always does exactly what he promises. “I’m trusting you.”
 

 


Another chapter on the same day, I'm obssessed with writing this fanfic!