Second Step - Trust

The Beginning - Oneshot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since her double 'date' with Seungri and the 'real' first date that happened after, everything else between her and Seunghyun had fallen into place. It seemed so natural for them to be together that she didn't even see the signs of trouble coming.

Their friends, well...groups, had taken their relationship well. The one who felt the best about it was Seungri since he always had to point out that he was the one who had brought them together. For that, they were obviously grateful. They paid him back the only way they knew how and it was to give him dinner ideas and concert tickets they knew Jieun would like to go to. While Seungri and Jieun were similar in some ways, it was obvious they were from different worlds, especially in the music sense.

They never had any problems going out on dates and they were always careful to keep their relationship on the down low. The last thing they needed was for the press to catch wind of their relationship. It wasn't that they were ashamed to come out to public or anything like that, but the usual outcomes for such relationship were obvious and they didn't want their relationship on a constant strain like that. If it happened, it happened. Until then, they would only let fate run its course on that matter.

Everything else was in their own hands.

Currently, Tiffany was waiting for a response to her text she had sent just 10 minutes ago. She knew they were suppose to go to Apgujung today but she didn't know what time and where to meet. Were they suppose to meet up before going? Or meet up there? Tiffany knew they should've worked out the details beforehand but they had been so busy with their schedules that they barely had time to even talk. When they did late at night, they would end up just sleeping by their phone.

Big Bang was holding a large concert soon and Seunghyun had been practicing and attending photoshoots. While her group had just finished their comeback and performances and finally had the occaisonal photoshoots and variety shows to go to before their next project.

Dialling the number she knew by heart, Tiffany waited patiently as the dial tone rang in her ear.

It wasn't until the fifth ring did she hear a voice come through.

"Hello?"

That definitely wasn't Seunghyun's voice...

"Hi...may I speak to Seunghyun please?" Tiffany asked as an eyebrow of hers twitched.

"He's in the shower right now. Can I ask who's calling?" The woman on the other end asked impatiently as Tiffany could hear the clicking of her nails on a flat surface.

"Uh...this is Tiffany..." Tiffany answered, somewhat hesitantly because she knew that only their close friends knew about them and that only consisted of their group mates so far.

"Oh..." The woman paused slightly before continuing on, her voice changing slightly to a higher pitch. "He told me to tell you that if you called, he couldn't make it to see you today."

"I see..." Tiffany said, feeling crestfallen that he hadn't told her beforehand. "Do you think you can get him to call me later?"

"Ahh, this is Bom by the way. Seunghyun is actually helping me with something today." She tried to sound apologetic but it was an obvious fail effort. She didn't sound that way at all. "I'll try to get him to call you but if he doesn't, there's nothing I can do."

Before Tiffany could get another word in, the disconnected tone came on.

"Thanks for saying bye..." Tiffany frowned as she stared at her phone in her hand like it was going to solve all her problems.

It was never like Seunghyun to cancel on her without telling her beforehand and it was even more strange he would let someone else do it and not himself. That wasn't how Seunghyun was and it made Tiffany angry that she was seeing him in this light when he wasn't like that at all. Normally, Tiffany would let it go and probably jump to conclusions...but this time, she'd rather face the situation than let it past. It wasn't right. She trusted him enough to go talk to him about it since something didn't add up.

Tiffany knew she couldn't call again in case 'Bom' picked up. Judging by the nickname 'Bom', the only person she could think of was Park Bom.

No...

Tiffany would go meet Seunghyun and he could tell her face to face that he wouldn't be able to meet today.

She wouldn't want to hear this from someone else other than him. Especially when he was the one who 'supposingly' cancelled. It was only right that he was the one that told her...right?

 

 

 

It didn't take too long for her to get to the apartment Seunghyun shared with the guys. They actually didn't live too far from each other and that was the convenience of it all. It worked out a lot for their relationship.

It didn't take too long for her to walk up to their doorstep either. Since they lived on the 10th floor, it was just straight on from the front door to the elevator. The security already knew who she was. The building was known for its secrecy and it was great that none of the people who lived there were as nosy as the reporters. They all had their own lives to attend to.

Raising her fist, Tiffany knocked on the door five times before waiting.

She could hear the footsteps from the other side that told her someone was already coming to the door.

"Tiffany?" Youngbae said as he stared at her with an eyebrow raised. "I thought Seunghyun was picking you up..."

"Is he picking me up?" Tiffany asked as Youngbae let her slip through before bolting the door shut.

"Yeah...he said you guys didn't arrange a time to meet up so he thought he would surprise you at your place. He was just finishing up in the shower when I passed by a few minutes ago." Youngbae explained as Tiffany sat at one of the chairs that faced the counter in the kitchen while Youngbae was obviously preparing them something to drink.

"Who was at the door?" Came a female voice as the person rounded the corner from the hallway and stood dead in her tracks at the sight of Tiffany and Youngbae conversing.

"Tiffany's suppose to be meeting Seunghyun today." Youngbae responded as he placed a cup of tea in front of Tiffany before looking at Bom. "Did you want some tea too, Bom?"

There was a cold silence in the air as Tiffany continued to look at Bom who had the nerve to stare right back at her.

"Is...something wrong?" Youngbae asked as he went to stand beside Tiffany as he sensed the hostile air between the both of them.

"Hey, Youngbae..." Seunghyun stopped his sentence as he came face to face with the three individuals in the kitchen who were neither talking or moving. "Tiffany?"

"Hey

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter