Awkward Meeting

This love's on me~

 

Revealing her mystery crush seemed like big news for everyone. Different articles from newspapers and even in the internet came out. Others wrote that: 'Hyoyeon wants to date Doojoon', 'Hyoyeon finally revealed her secret crush!' etc., but she didn't feel pressured at all, after all.. It’s just a crush – an infatuation which is totally normal for girls in her age. Moreover, she felt a lump on disappeared when she announced it to everyone since they have been bugging her for a long time.

 

Hyoyeon washed up first like what she normally does and cooked breakfast for her members.

 

"Hyo-ah, you're really daebak! In just overnight, your name is number one on the search engine! But, is it really Doojoon?" Her closest friend, Sooyoung, asked her while they are eating.

 

"Of course!” She exclaimed. “Why would I be lying in public?" She answered Sooyoung straightforwardly.

 

"But still, i'm not convinced..." Sooyoung looked Hyo's eyes suspiciously.

 

The other members seemed to be interested too and began walking towards them to join in the conversation. "Why Sooyoung-ah? You have someone in mind?" Yuri asked.

 

Hyoyeon avoided their eyes which are looking her now. "Why would you say that? I'm telling the truth! Aeeey, i'm taking the food if you don't want to eat!" She threatened them, praying that they would drop the topic.

 

"Hmmm.. really fishy." Sooyoung murmured to herself.

 

"Who's in charge of the dishes today?" Hyoyeon changes the topic. Then girls looked at each other and they all pointed to Jessica. 

 

"Well well well, looks like we need to prepare another set of plates, right?  Sooyeon will break some again for sure!" Taeyeon humorously said to the members.

 

Jessica wrinkled her face. "Yaah, stop bullying me! I have improved washing the dishes!" 

 

"Yaaah, whatever. Just do it moderately, alright? We all know the result." Hyoyeon gives up arguing with the ice princess.

 

"Annyeong! Goodluck unnie!" Yoona teased.

 

"Yaaa! No one is going to help me?!" Jessica shouted but nobody answered her. The members just went to their own respective rooms.

 

"Unnie! Do we have schedules for today?" Seohyun asked Taeyeon.

 

All the members gathered around again.

 

"Wait, i'll call manager oppa." Taeyeon excused herself for a moment. After several rings, their manager answered the call. "Oppa, do we any schedules for today? Yes, we just had our breakfast. WHAT?! No, you didn't said it yesterday.. Oh.. Arassoyeo oppa.. See you later!" Then Taeyeon hangs up the phone and went again to her members whom waiting for her patiently.

 

"What? Is there anything you're so shocked with?" Yuri asked.

 

"We're going to have a recording.. It’s a talk show..” The members are waiting for Taeyeon's next words.

 

"Which talk show?" Sooyoung asked.

 

"Manager oppa said that it's Super Junior Foresight." Taeyeon answered casually.

 

"WHAT!?" Everyone answered in chorus.

 

 "Why? Oppa said that our guesting there would be helpful for their show since it has just started and we are the key to pull the ratings up." Taeyeon said.

 

 

 

"Then.. who will be the host? I heard that every episode they're changing it right?" Yoona nervously asked.

 

"Ommo.. ommo.. You're nervous to see Donghae oppa?! Tssssk! I know you're secretly hoping that Donghae oppa to be one of the hosts, right?" Yuri is teasing Yoona which made the latter blush.

 

Taeyeon walks towards Yoona and hugged her. "Sorry Yoona-yah, Donghae oppa isn't one of the hosts. It will be Eetuk oppa, Hyukjae oppa, Donghee oppa and Kyuhyun oppa." 

 

At that instant, when Kyuhyun's name was said everyone looked at Seohyun. "Why? Why are you looking at me like that?" Seohyun innocently asked.

 

"This is really risky. Yonghwa might get jealous!" Hyoyeon teased Seohyun and the other members agreed.

 

"Alright.. so prepare for it, we'll go there before lunch. Coordi unnies will be right here just a little later." Taeyeon authoritatively said to her members.

 

 

 

--------------

 

 

While on their room, Sooyoung and Hyoyeon were choosing their outfits for the said recording later. "Yah, remember later to talk formally to Hyukjae oppa, alright? You always have this tendency to be harsh with him and you know that it’s not good if there are cameras!" Sooyoung reminded her.

 

"Arasso.. but what can I do? It's hard to talk to him in formal. It doesn't suit him." 

 

Sooyoung snorted and slaps Hyoyeon’s knees. "I know you're close! But still, you have been reminded by manager oppa several times." 

 

Hyoyeon just ignored what Sooyoung is trying to say because it has always been like this and all these reminders are always useless to her. Instead, she picked her phone and dialled Hyukjae’s number. 

 

"Are you ignoring me now?"

 

"Shhh!" Hyo mouthed Sooyoung. "Why isn't he picking up?"

 

"Who?"

 

 "YAH! Why are you calling this early!?" The furious voice on the other line was Donghae.

 

"Donghae oppa?! Why are you answering Hyukjae oppa's phone? Hand it to him now!" Hyoyeon commanded Donghae in a fierce tone.

 

She heard Donghae and Hyukjae talking in the background added by some weird noises from the other members. No wonder, it is an all-boys dorm.

 

"Yah, it's Hyo. Answer this." Donghae said to his best friend.

 

"Aiiissh, why did you answer? She'll bug me again for sure! You just talk to her and say that i'm busy at the moment." 

 

"But she's listening right now. I didn't turn the mute on. Sorry!" Donghae playfully said to Hyukjae.

 

 "Aeey, really! Hello Hyo?” He said as Donghae handed him his phone. “Why did you call?"

 

"You're saying that i'll bug you again?! YAAAAAAAH!" She immediately shouted at him.

 

"I'm still older than you! Show some respect!" Hyukjae sniggered her in return.

 

 Hyoyeon laughed sarcastically. "Respect yourself! Anyways, our manager said that we'll be guesting on your show later? Am I right?"

 

"Yea.. We have been informed ahead of time."

 

"But why didn't you told me last night?!"

 

"Yah Hyoyeon-ah! You're the one who keep insisting that I should tell you 'that' story but you're complaining now? Ah! What a difficult person you are! Is that all? I'm hanging up!"

 

"WAIT!" Hyoyeon stopped him from hanging up the call.

 

 "What!? Is there anything else?" Hyukjae's voice seems a little irritated now.

 

"Are you angry now?” He heard her chuckled for a bit.  “Oppa, see you later at the studio! Don't forget to eat, alright?! Annyeong!" Hyo said goodbye to Hyukaje in a sweet voice.

 

 

 

----------------------------------

 

 

 

Hyukjae groaned heavily. Hyoyeon was really a person who have these mood swings that are hard to predict. “She's calling for no apparent reason... but just to bug me! I had to receive those calls everyday!” He thought to himself.

 

"Hyukjae-ah, you look like you want to kill someone right now. Hyoyeon really is something!" Donghae said to him as he sat beside him. "Chill, aren't you still used to it? If I hadn't just known that you like Gyuri, I would think that something is going on between you and Hyoyeon."

 

 

 

"Donghae-ah, don't say bad words. Okay?" Hyukjae said seriously as he eyed his best friend. But after a second of eye-contact with Donghae, they both laughed at each other.

 

"So, is that really true? She likes Doojoon?" Donghae curiously asked. 

 

The older of the two shrugged his shoulders. "She told so. I didn't thought it was Doojoon. I even thought it was Junho because whenever there are filming or recording and Junho is around, she's always proper and you can say that she acts a real lady." Hyukjae said and Donghae just nodded his head.

 

"I'm more shocked of that revelation." Hyukjae revealed his thoughts.

 

"Why? Now, Hyoyeon has a man, you feel jealous?" Donghae suddenly asked which made him stunned.

 

"Huh? What're you talking about?" 

 

"Oh, it's nothing. Tell me, are things going okay for Gyuri and you?" Hyukjae just hummed and nodded.

 

Hyukjae went straight to his bed and lay down. He smiled and hugged his long pillow.

 

"Yaah, you look disgusting! Stop that!" Donghae hits his with another pillow.

 

"I'm just pleased that we had our first date together! It's like a one big achievement!" Hyukjae said honestly. "Ahhh! Whatever! But I feel really great!" 

 

After a while, someone knocked at the door and it opened revealing their manager. "Hyukjae-ah, you know your schedule today, right? SuJu's Foresight with SNSD." Their manager informed him.

 

 "Yes hyung. I know."

 

"Are you coming with us or you'll drive there?" 

 

Oh right, he remembered that he promised Gyuri that he’ll drive her to her recording today. How could he forget that? He silently cursed himself as he slapped his forehead. "I'll just drive there. Thanks hyung!" 

 

 

 

---------------------------

 

 

 

Hyukjae prepared himself and dressed well because he'll be seeing Gyuri today. He quickly went out and drive directly to KARA's dorm. He pressed Gyuri's number.

 

"Oh, Gyuri-ah. I'm almost there. Are you ready?" Hyukjae’s voice was trembling. Oh, just act like a man! He reminded himself.

 

 

"Yes! Ahm, oppa.. can you please buy coffee for me before you go here? I didn't eat breakfast and i'm starving now. If that won't trouble you."

 

 "Of course, I can. Just stay put. See you!" Hyukjae then hangs up.

 

He stopped in the coffee shop they frequent. He wore shades and a hat that won't ruin his hairstyle. He ordered two cappuccino and sat at the side to wait for his order. While waiting, he saw a familliar figure that is seating infront of him.

 

Is that Doojoon? But why is he here? It's near our building and kind of far from theirs. He asked himself. Then he saw Hyoyeon approaching where that guy is seating. Hyoyeon?! Why is she here?! Is she meeting Doojoon?

 

Hyukjae immediately lowered his head for him not to be noticed by those two. He sat at the other side of the table so that he and Doojoon are sitting now back to back. 

 

"Doojoon-ssi! Did you wait too long?" Hyoyeon asked Doojoon.

 

But why am I earvesdropping at them? I'm just curious. Hyo is really something! I thought it's just one-sided crush but then, you're meeting him now?!

 

"Nope, I just arrive early. By the way, I heard last night's broadcast and I'm completely shocked! Is that true?" Doojoon asked Hyoyeon.

 

Huh! This guy..

 

"I'm sorry! I'm just pressured by them so I revealed it. I hope it won't trouble you. I made it clear that I'm the one who liked you, not the other way around." Hyoyeon answered before Hyukjae can finished his thoughts.

 

"No way.. i'm completely flattered! I'm just too surprised by it! It's been a big news and yea, i'm touched." Hyukjae heard Doojoon said

 

"Sir, here's your order. Two cappuccinos." The waiter brought him his order.

 

He just bows down and tried to leave cautiously. I need to leave now before she sees me! He was about to open the door of the cafe when Hyoyeon called him.

 

"Hyukjae oppa? Is that you?"

 

How can she still recognize me even if i'm wearing disguise?!

 

"Oppa! Come here! Finally, I can introduce you now to Doojoon-ssi. Hyukjae oppa, you know Beast's leader, Doojoon. And Doojoon-ssi, Eunhyuk oppa. My bestfriend!" Hyoyeon introduced them to each other.

 

 

Kind of awkward, eh?