Day 160

A Little Too Late

              

              Yixing fiddles with his fingers as the plane shakes violently from the friction of the wheels and cement ground. He looks outside and sees lights shining in the night.

               Yixing is here in New York, to chase the love of his life, the light to his path of darkness.

               Opening a small piece of paper, he reads the handwritten address of your Aunt’s home. He remembers when you told him about some of your family members living in overseas. New York was your favourite city because it can bring life back into people’s eyes, after all, it is called the city that never sleeps.

               The taxi leaves the rustling city and runs along the Brooklyn bridge. Yixing’s legs start shaking, nervous and excited to put you into his embrace again. He misses everything about you, your smile, your long dark hair, your worried expressions whenever he plays a cruel prank on you. Yixing smiles to himself, imagining the possible scenarios of the reunion. The taxi slowly comes to a full stop. Paying the American cash quickly with a jumble of mispronounced and heavily accented words, he walks to the front steps with his light weight luggage.

               What should I say? Hello, I want to talk to you?

               Nono, that sounds way too formal.

               Hey, I missed you baby?

               Jeez Zhang Yixing, you sound too desperate…but it’s not like you aren’t.

               Without another second to lose, Yixing reaches for the doorbell. He could hear scattering footsteps approaching the door and hushed voices of Chinese speaking to each other.

               “Who is he?”

               “I think he’s a creeper.”

               “Let’s not open the door then…”

               Yixing widens his eyes when he realizes the speculation of him being a creepy man wandering at nighttime.

               “Wait! My name is Zhang Yixing, I’m looking for _________!” Yixing shouts to the door.

               The door creaks open a little and two heads poke out.

               “You’re looking for _______ jie jie?” A young girl asks.

               “Yes.” Yixing nods his head, and attempts to give his non-creepy smile. The door swings open and an older boy hides his little sister behind him. “You must be her cousins, ________ told me about you guys.”

               The boy looks surprised at how familiar Yixing sounded with you and decides to continue the conversation, believing the stranger at his door.

               “________ jie jie isn’t here right now, so are our parents.” The boy finally speaks.

               “Do you know where they went?”

               “My parents left right after they received a phone call from the hospital.”

               Yixing furrows his eyebrows, “Are your parents injured?”

               “No, it’s ________ jie jie.” The girl solemnly joins the conversation. Yixing freezes at a state of shock, unable to respond to the children’s words.

               “I think you should go find her…” The boy whispers and hands him a piece of paper with the name of a hospital.

 

a/n: sorry guys! super duper short chapter!

Im currently taking summer courses and is super stressed about it !

I feel so bad because I promised to update more during summer!

sorrrry~ T_T

on another note, I was scouted by a cube representative the other day.

and you know what i did?

i refused and ran away before they could give me their contact info.

I'M SO STUPIDDDDDDDDDDDDDD. WHY DID I DO SUCH THING.