EPILOGUE

Something Wonderful

 

GDragon+GD+GD+baby+baby+D.png

 

 

With his baby son cradled in his arms, Jiyong stared in fascination at the tiny face looking back at him. Not certain what to say, and absolutely unwilling to give up the pleasure of holding his baby, he decided to give some parental advice.

"Someday, little son, you will choose a wife, and it's important to know how that sort of thing should be done, so I will tell you a story:

"Once upon a time, there was an arrogant, cynical man. We'll call him”" Jiyong hesitated a moment, thinking. "We'll call him G dragon."

Standing in the doorway unobserved, Dara smothered a laugh as Jiyong continued: "G dragon was a wicked fellow, who did not see the good in anyone or anything especially himself. Then, late one fateful night he was set upon by bandits, and, just when it seemed his life would come to an undignified end, a knight in rusty armor charged to his rescue on horseback. With the knight's help, G dragon managed to subdue the bandits, but during the attack, the knight was injured.

"G dragon went to the aid of the unconscious knight, but, to his amazement he discovered the knight was not a man at all, but a lady. She was small and dainty with long hair and the longest eyelashes G dragon had ever seen. And when she opened her eyes, they were the color of a chocolate.G dragon with the empty heart looked into those eyes of hers, and what he saw took his breath away"

The baby stared at him, enraptured.

"What did he see?" Dara asked in an aching whisper from the doorway.

Lifting his head, Jiyong looked at her and his heart was in his eyes. With tender solemnity, he replied, "He saw something wonderful."