Chapter 28: Someone Unexpected Returns

The Princess And The Singer

Chapter 28: Someone Unexpected Returns

The next day, Seo-hyun and the others didn’t go to class. They notified their friends to tell their professors so that they could be excused.

“(Yawns) I had a headache since last night!” complained Gae-hwa.

“I slept at 1AM because when I tried to sleep, all I heard in my head was your love story, Korea’s Couple!” shouted Switzel.

“Yah! It’s worse for me! When I woke up, all the words that I saw in my room were all what you have just said!” replied Seo-hyun.

“Really now eh? Korea’s Couple! Korea’s Couple! KOREA’S COUPLE!” said Adrian as he teased his sister.

“Yah! Oppa! Shut up! Oh yeah. By the way guys, Seulong and the others are coming here today since it’s their day-off.”

“I see. What time?” asked Paolo.

“He didn’t say but, they’re coming.”

It was about 10AM when the guys of 2AM got there. All of them did nothing but lounge around the house the whole day. Jonghyun also came to visit.  (he stayed in Japan for a week) much to Switzel’s surprise. As before, all the news channels, social networks and websites all featured Seo-hyun and Seulong who are now being called “Korea’s Couple”. The singers decided to stay there for tonight and watch Dream High 2 in which Jinwoon is one of the main characters. They all had a good time watching it and they praised Jinwoon for his acting.

“Well, stop it you guys…”

When they all went to sleep, the singers opted to just sleep in the living room. Seulong accompanied Seo-hyun to her room.

“Oppa, it’s okay. I know you want to sleep now so go.”

“I want to see you sleep. I’ll be here until you do.”

“Araseo. Suit yourself then.”

“Annyeong Jumushipshio Seo-hyun and Saranghae.”

“Oyasumi Nasai Seulong Senpai and Aishteru.”

As Seo-hyun fell asleep, Seulong admired how pretty and cute she was. He touched her face, her hair but then, he too also felt the urge to sleep and before he could stand up, his head just fell down on Seo-hyun’s pillow (he was kneeling beside her) and that’s where he slept.

The next day, Seulong was still asleep when he felt something was poking his cheeks and then his nose. When he opened his eyes, he saw it was Seo-hyun already dressed for class.

“Oppa, Annyeonghaseyo! You were so cute and adorable when you were sleeping!”

“You too you know! So, you’re going to class now right?”

“Neh. The others are still eating breakfast downstairs but I’m finished already so, that’s why I came up here to wake you up.”

“I see. Then how about one morning kiss then? Well?”

“Go gargle first in the bathroom.”

“On the cheeks.”

“Oh! Okay then!”

As she was about to kiss him on his right cheek, as he was facing the other way, Seulong quickly turned towards Seo-hyun’s face and kissed her on the lips!

“Now, I’ll be going to the bathroom to gargle as you have ordered me Your Highness.”

“Yah! Oppa! Just… do it quick. Your food’s waiting for you. Changmin Oppa helped our cook today.”

“What’s this! My Seo-hyun is blushing!”

“Ha! You too!”

“Hahahaha!!!” the two of them laughed as they began hugging each other.

“Saranghaemnida Seulong.”

“Saranghaeyo Seo-hyun”

And so began those days wherein 2AM, while in Japan would visit Seo-hyun and the others, stay for a while then leave. Of course they weren’t always in Japan so, every morning, every midday, every afternoon, every evening and every night not to mention sometimes during midnight, Seulong would always call Seo-hyun to check her. Seo-hyun also returned the favor by texting him back on the same time planes!

The months passed but still, the “Korea’s Couple” fever didn’t decline in popularity ever since it started. During some days when there wasn’t any class, the group would go out and just enjoy themselves, sometimes with the guys of 2AM if they are in Japan. Finally, March came, the month of their graduation. Everyone at the university were all hard at work so that they would be able to graduate. Seo-hyun who was now able to balance her relationship and school, doubled her efforts ins tudying. There would be some instances that while studying, Seo-hyun and Seulong would talk with each other. Seulong would give some advice to her and she would respond.

Graduation Day finally came!

During the event, Seulong, Jinwoon, Jo Kwon, Changmin, Taecyeon, Sohee and Jonghyun were there to witness the graduation of Seo-hyun, Paolo, Adrian, Gae-hwa and Switzel! Also there was the King and Queen of Korea themselves! That’s because, they would be having a one week visit to Japan as a symbol of friendship between the two countries! The Emperor and Empress were personally invited byt the King and Queen themselves to watch the graduation of the three royal siblings and their friends.

As everything in the Yasuda Auditorium was being prepared, Gae-hwa noticed someone familiar and so she decided to alert Seo-hyun.

“Seo-hyun, look over there, it’s… Michael.”

 “What? Where?... Oh… It’s him.”

“So, who’s that girl with him? Is that the one you caught him with?”

“Neh. It is her. Come on, I don’t want his wonderful day ruined.”

As they turned their backs, Michael glanced at where the two girls were and saw them.

“Seo-hyun…”

Adrian, Seo-hyun, Paolo, Gae-hwa and Switzel all graduated at the top of their respective departments. Everyone was proud of what they achieved! After how many years of studying, it’s all over! They all had a special lunch which was hosted by the Imperial Family of Japan at The Akasaka Palace.

“Hahaha! My dear Graduates, Congratulations!” said Emperor Akihito.

“Arigatou Gozaimasu Your Majesty!” replied the graduates.

“So before we get to the main topic, after this, where will you guys go for your graduation retreat?” asked the Empress Michiko.

“We planned on going around Japan. You see, Your Majesty, ever since we’ve been here, during holidays and special days, we would go on some places here and there. We’ve actually went to all four of this country’s main islands.” explained Adrian.

“And I suupose you’ll be bringing with you guys the talented singers here right?” asked Crown Prince Naruhito.

“Of course Your Highness!” replied Paolo suddenly.

“WHAT?! REALLY?!” the singers asked in unison.

“Why of course! Considering all that we’ve been through this past few months, well, you guys are friends of ours now!” said Paolo.

“Come on guys! It’ll be fun!” said Seo-hyun.

“OKAY THEN!”

“Good! Don’t worry we ourselves will personally pay for your one-week graduation retreat here in Japan!” said the Emperor.

“THANK YOU SO MUCH!”

“Now, to the main topic! Me, the Emperor and the King and Queen here a while ago were talking about this: Princess Seo-hyun and Mr. Im Seulong, please do tell us your beautiful love story!” said the Empress!

“(On her mind) Oh boy, they’re just like my mom and dad!... Oh sure! Well…”

After a few minutes of storytelling from both of the couple, everyone who didn’t know the story yet was stunned!

“So, you’re telling me that when you said you were going to your new house at Gangnam you were really going to meet with this wonderful young man? Hahaha! This is too good to be true!” said the King.

“But, you two, are you happy now?” asked the Queen.

Seo-hyun and Seulong looked at each other, smiled then said: “YES! OF COURSE!”

“AWWW!!!” replied everyone in the dining hall!

That night, they all stayed at the Akasaka Palace where they all marveled at the beauty of the architecture of the place! In two days time, their retreat will begin so, the next day, they spent the entire day in getting ready. They bought much needed supplies like food, clothing, winter wear and etc. Finally, their graduation retreat started!

Their first destination was the ancient and beautiful city of Kyoto, once the capital of Japan during the Heian Period until the Edo Period although during the said period, Tokyo was the de facto capital of Japan because although the emperor lived in Kyoto, the shogun was the real one in control and has his base in Tokyo. Next was to the island of Honshu were they enjoyed it’s excellent hot springs; they then went to Shikoku. After that, they went back to the main island of Honshu where they travelle dup north throught the western coast due to the inaccessibility of the east because of the 2011 Tōhoku Earthquake which sparked a tsunami thereby causing the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster, one of the worst disasters in the history of nuclear power. Once they got to the Aomori Prefecture, the northernmost prefecture of Honshu, they rode a ferry to take them to the second largest island in Japan, Hokkaido. They explored  Sapporo where their hotel was and then it was off to some winter fun in the north where they had snowball fights, skiing, got stuck in a cabin lodge during a blizzard and was able to witness the falling of the quite famous and beautiful diamond snow.

“Hey Seo-hyun, do you know the belief behind the diamond snow?” asked Seulong as he and Seo-hyun were the first ones to reach the top of the mountain whereas the others were still climbing it.

“What?”

“they said that the person you are with while watching the diamond snow falling is your true love. I guess they were right.” said Seulong as he held Seo-hyun’s left hand.

“(she smiled at him) Yeah. They are right because finally, I’m with my true love…”

The two began to kiss not knowing that the others have already reached them and, all of them took pictures of the two kissing!

“Okay, okay! Enough kissing here!” said Jinwoon.

The two were surprised to see the others!

“Other people are going up here you know!” said Sohee.

“This pictures would start trending immediately! Hey guys! Let’s see who got the best shot!” said Taecyeon as he and everyone let each other look at their respective shots.

“Yah! Hyung! What the heck! Come here! That’s it!” Seulong chased Taecyeon around which made everyone laugh!

The next day, they all went back to Tokyo where they stayed at the house of the royals. In two days, they are to leave for Korea. But…

“Your Majesties, if you were to be with the princess and Mr. Im along with the others, the airport security won’t be able to handle the crowd of people which will surely be there!” said their chief of  security.

“I see. Okay, how about this, Seo-hyun, Mr.Seulong, Gae-hwa and let’s see now…you there! What is your name young man?” The King was pointing at Changmin!

“Ah, um it’s Lee Changmin Your Majesty.”

“Okay! The four of them will be the first ones to arrive back in Korea! They should be there by morning, then, the next batch will be Paolo, Ms. Sohee, Switzel and Mr. Jonghyun. They should be there by midday. The last will be Adrian, Mr. Taecyeon, Mr. Jinwoon, Mr. Jo Kwon and Ms. Ga In who will all arrive by evening. I and the Queen will be going back to Korea the next day then. Is that acceptable then?” asked the King.

“Yes Your Majesty! It is!”

Now, during the next day, everyone packed all their things. Seo-hyun, Paolo, Adrian, Gae-hwa and Switzel looked around the hose, missing the entire place.

“Well, when we come here again, at least we have somewhere to stay right?” said Adrian.

“Yeah. I guess you’re right.” said Switzel.

“But this became our home for four years. It’ll be hard to just leave this and then come back once in a while.” said Seo-hyun.

“You have a point there.” said Gae-hwa.

“Cheer up guys! This house won’t be going away! This is property of the Royal Family of Korea! Come on!”

Everyone laughed after he said this.

Finally, it was time to go back to Korea.

Following the King’s plan, Seo-hyun, Seulong, Gae-hwa and Changmin woke up very early at about 2AM so that they would be at Haneda Airport at around 3AM. Their flight is scheduled to be at 4AM. After having breakfast, the four said their goodbyes to the others.

“See you later guys!” said Gae-hwa.

“Yah, Changmin Hyung, you’re the oldest from the four of you so be sure to protect them okay?” said Jo Kwon.

“Neh! Of course!” said Changmin.

“We’ll all be meeting up at Seo-hyun’s house in Gangnam okay?” said Seulong.

“Sure but, me and Adrian have to go to the Blue Hose first but don’t worry because we’ll go there once we unpack.” said Paolo.

“Oh! So that means we get to go inside the Blue House?!” asked Sohee excitedly.

“Neh! Sure! We’re all friends right?? said Adrian.

The first batch then left for the airport. They came there at exactly the same time. They, along with some bodyguards and staff waited at the departure area. At exactly 4AM, it was time to leave. Of course they’re all seated at first class which amazed Seulong and Changmin!

“I’ve really got to hand it to you guys! I mean this is our first time in first class!” said Changmin.

“Yeah! This is so cool!” said Seulong.

“As the two guys were busy talking about how it was their first time in first class, Seo-hyun and Gae-hwa were also talking to each other only rather at a low voice.

“Oh my gosh Seo-hyun! Changmin Oppa’s smile is so cute!”  said Gae-hwa excitedly. (Gae-hwa was seated at the back of Seo-hyun and they were talking through the side)

“Hahaha! Woah there! Hey, maybe you might fall asleep on his shoulder later!” said Seo-hyun.

“I am sleepy! Hahaha!”

Seulong then turned his attention to Seo-hyun.

“Seo-hyun, it’s still very early, want to sleep?” he asked.

“Hmm, okay! May I then use your shoulder as a pillow?” she asked.

“Why I was about to offer you that!” he said in return.

“Araseo!”

Seo-hyun then laid her head on his right shoulder and began to sleep (she already had her seatbelt on). Seulong looked at her and said: “Sleep well my love.”  He put his right arm on Seo-hyun’s back to make her comfortable. A little later, the plane took off.

After how many hours or so of flying, the plane has now reached Incheon International Airport.

“Yah, Seulong Hyung and Seo-hyun Noona, wake up!” said Changmin.

“Hmm… I know now! (she leans towards Seo-hyun and whispers) North Korea has just attacked the DMZ and is now near Seoul!”

This immediately woke Seo-hyun as well as Seulong up!

“What?! No way?! But how?! Are we going back?! Oh no!” said Seo-hyun as she began to panic!

“Yah! I was just joking you know! It’s time to go! And make it quick!” said Gae-hwa.

After they got through the last of the standard airport procedures, a crowd of fans and reporters immediately surrounded the four! Seo-hyun and Seulong were pushed towards the right while Changmin and Gae-hwa towards the left!

When Seo-hyun and Seulong were in a clearing, Seulong grabbed Seo-hyun’s hand and made a run for it!

“Yah! Seulong! Where are we going?!”

“Somewhere safe where they wouldn’t be able to find us! Yah! You five bodyguards! Please do stop those from following us!”

“Of course!” the five shouted as they braced for the human impact!

“Thank you guys!” shouted Seo-hyun as she ran.

One of the reporters who were stopped in their tracks went to the back and started reporting: As you are seeing right now, Princess Seo-hyun and singer Im Seulong, more popularly known as Korea’s Couple has just escaped all the reporters and fans here by running somewhere. We were’nt able to follow them due to being blocked by some of their bodyguards.”

Eventually, Seulong and Seo-hyun were next followed by some onookers who started taking out their cellphones!

“Aish! I know! Outside! Um… the parking lot!” Seulong began to ran again as he held Seo-hyun’s hand tighter so that he won’t let go of her.

Once they got at the parking lot, fortunately for them, it was deserted except for some persons walking towards the airport. They hid themselves at the side of a van and stopped there to rest.

“Are you okay?” asked Seulong.

“Neh! I am. Don’t worry Oppa.” answered Seo-hyun.

“I’ll take a look around for a bit. Stay here okay?” Seulong then left her for a while there to rest and for him to check if the area is clear for them to go and meet up with the other two.

“Whoo! That was some running!” She then stretched her arms and slowly walked towards the side of the car to see where Seulong was but then, somebody held her hand!

“Yah! Seulong Oppa! If you’re just…” She didn’t finish her sentence because the person who held her hand shocked her! It wasn’t her Seulong Oppa but it was a guy who had short hair and had some eyeglasses. Wondering who this is? It was Michael Kim! Seo-hyun’s ex-boyfriend!

“No way… Michael… but how?” she asked while she started trembling.

“Seo-hyun, finally…” he said.

Then, Seulong came back while saying: “Seo-hyun, its all clear now! We can… Who, who are you?” he asked while looking at Michael who didn’t anwer him but looked at him straight in the eyes.

“Um, why are you holding her hand?” he asked again but he ddin’t receive any answer again.

“Let me go!” said Seo-hyun as she successfully broke free of Michael’s grip on her hand.

“Seo-hyun, who is he?” asked Seulong.

“Oppa, that’s… that’s Michael. That’s Michael Kim, my ex-boyfriend.”

“What?!”