Chapter 29: A Rivalry Is Born

The Princess And The Singer

Chapter 29: A Rivalry Is Born

“What did you say?!... Michael?!”

“Neh. It is him.” said Seo-hyun coldly.

Seo-hyun then quickly held on to Seulong’s right hand with her left hand and backed off.

“Seo-hyun, what I’ve been hearing isn’t true right? You and him, your long time crush is now together? Please tell me this all a joke.” said Michael as he walked forward but was stopped by Seulong who placed himself between the two.

“I’ll answer for her. Yes, it is true. We’re together now? Do you have a problem with that?” he asked.

“Yes. The fact that you are with my girl is the problem.” answered Michael back.

“And what gave you the right to call her your girl? Yout two are over right?” said Seulong.

“She might have been the one who said it quits but I didn’t. Seo-hyun please come back to me.” said Michael as sincere as he can.

“No Michael. I won’t.” Seo-hyun was almost crying when she said that.

“Seo-hyun please! This is just crazy! I…”

“No Michael! The only time that word applied to us is when I accepted your proposal of becoming your girlfriend back then! If I only knew that you would betray me and our love at my back and our friends’ back I wouldn’t have said yes to you!” replied Seo-hyun who now had tears in her eyes.

“Seo-hyun…”

“Seo-hyun-ah, let’s go now.” said Seulong.

“Yes of course. Let’s go now.” said Seo-hyun as she and Seulong began to turn around but then, Michael grabbed her hand in an effort to stop her! Seo-hyun and Seulong stopped walking because of this.

“Seo-hyun, we have to talk!” Michael’s voice was now desperate!

Seo-hyun let go of his hand and then slapped him on the face!

“Michael please stop this! I’m begging you! We’re over! I love Seulong now, not you anymore! There’s nothing for us to talk about! Don’t ever come near us again or I swear that you’ll regret it!” warned Seo-hyun as she held on Seulong’s hand again and they left.

Michael was now all alone there, still standing.

“Seo-hyun, I won’t give up. I love you and that’s all there is. You and I will be together again. I swear we will!”

While they were looking for the others, Seulong noticed that Seo-hyun was quiet.

“Hey um, Seo-hyun-ah, are you alright? Want me to carry you at my back?” he asked with a smile.

“I’m fine thanks and no need Oppa. Just feeling a little weak but I can still walk on my own.” she answered with a smile.

Seulong stopped walking and then hugged her.

“Saranghaeyo Seo-hyun-ah.”

She hugged him as well and said: “Saranghaeyo Seulong Oppa.”

But then…

“THERE! THERE THEY ARE! PRINCESS SEO-HYUN AND SEULONG!!! AAAHHH!!!”

It was the the crowd earlier! They were able to get through the five bodyguards!

The couple stopped hugging and then ran as fast as they can, again!

“When will this stop?” asked Seulong as he grabbed Seo-hyun’s hand and ran!

“Welcome to my world! This happens a lot to me and the others!” answered Seo-hyun.

After running for a while, they finally saw Changmin, Gae-hwa and the rest of their group!

“Guys! There you are!” shouted Changmin.

“I was so worried you two were caught up in those crowds! I’ll tell the bodyguards who were looking for the two of you to come back here. Go inside the car now.” said Gae-hwa as she got her phone.

“She’s right you guys. All of your stuff is in the trunk now so let’s get in.” said Changmin as he opened the door for them.

“Kamsahamnida Changmin Oppa.” said Seo-hyun with a weak smile as she entered the car.

“Thanks Hyung!” continued Seulong.

But, before he could get inside, Changmin stopped him.

“What is it Hyung?” asked Seulong.

“Yah, is something wrong? Why is Seo-hyun-ah like that? Did you two fight?”

“When we’re all inside the car, that’s when she’ll tell you and Gae-hwa what happened. I myself was surprised too.” answered Seulong.

“Araseo. Let’s get in then.”

After a while, Gae-hwa came back with the five other bodyguards and when every bodyguard and staff was all settled, their convoy moved.

Gae-hwa noticed Seo-hyun’s mood and asked Seulong why. Seulong turned to Seo-hyun and said: “Are we gonna tell them?”

“Neh. I will.” she answered.

She told them what happened at the parking lot. Gae-hwa and Changmin were both stunned!

“I guess he knew when all of us were coming back. The question is, how?” said Changmin.

“That rotten Michael! When I get my hands on him I swear I’ll make him beg for his life because of what he’s done to you!” said Gae-hwa angrily.

“Hey Seo-hyun, so, he was the one you told me about back then right?” asked Seulong.

“Mianhae Oppa for lying back then. Yep, it was him. Only I changed their names if you al know what I mean. But, that’s what really happened. He really did that to me and I can’t forgive him for that.” Seo-hyun said while she folded her arms in front of her and looked outside.

“Um, can anyone tell me how they broke up?” asked Changmin to which Gae-hwa explained to him how. Seo-hyun noticed the two and whispered silently to Seulong: “They look good together right?” He answered: You’re right and you know what? Hyung said to me she’s his type of girl! They’ve been texting each other since our group hangout last December! Seo-hyun was surprised to hear this and said in return: “Really?! Wow! I must see her phone! Hahaha!” they both laughed which Gae-hwa and Changmin noticed.

“Yah! You two are getting all lovey-dovey again!” said Gae-hwa.

“Hyung! Not in the car please!” shouted Changmin.

“Oh come on! You guys are just saying that as an excuse! Changmin Oppa, just ask her out!” said Seo-hyun.

“WAE?!” The two said in unison after hearing this.

“Seo-hyun! What the heck! Come on now! That’s not funny!” said Gae-hwa.

“Yah! Seulong Hyung! Stop laughing!” Changmin said as he and Gae-hwa blushed so badly that Seo-hyun and Seulong laughed even harder!

Later, they all arrived at Seo-hyun’s house in Gangnam. While there, Seo-hyun and Gae-hwa unpacked their clothes and fixed it in their cabinets. They waited for the next batch to come which was composed of Paolo, Sohee, Switzel and Jonghyun. When they arrived, the security was now much more tightened so that what happened to the first batch won’t happen again. The second batch were able to arrive at Gangnam by 2PM because as what Paolo said earlier, he as well as Adrian later, still needs to go to the Blue House to unpack to which the singers became very excited.. They all had lunch at the house while they talked and shared stories with each other. Finally, at around 5PM, the third and last batch arrived. They are Adrian, Jinwoon, Jo Kwon, Ga In and Taecyeon. When they arrived at the house, it was already 6:45 PM.

Adrian then announced to everybody: “Hey everyone, dad said to me before we left that we will all have dinner at the Blue House today so, please get ready because the other cars are about to arrive at any moment.”

“Really? Wow! Dinner at the Blue House!” said Changmin as he and Seulong gave each other a high five.

“Hey Seo-hyun, they would be able to see your Seulong board!” said Adrian as he teased his little sister.

“Yah! Oppa! Shut up!” she said in return! She was so mad that she chased Adrian around the living room!

Seulong heard what the two were talking about and asked Paolo: “Hyung, Seulong board? What’s that?” Paolo answered while laughing: “It’s this big square board in which Seo-hyun here posted all your pictures that she collected ever since your debut! She has cute, adorable, handsome, naughty, y… everything about you! Hahaha!”

“Really eh? Yah! Seo-hyun-ah! I can’t wait to see this board!” Seulong said as he smiled the cutest as he can to which Seo-hyun stopped chasing Adrian and just blushed at where she was!

“Oppa! Aish! Yah! Adrian Pabo! Get back here! AAAHHH!!!” She then ran after him who went upstairs!

Everyone was laughing at what just happened!

“Paolo Hyung, it’s always like that at the Blue House?” asked Taecyeon.

“Neh! Always! But, me and Seo-hyun, although we both know that Adrian is sometimes so mean to us, we couldn’t have asked a better brother! For us, he’s the best one in the world!”

“AWWW!!!” Everyone was touched after he said this!

Then, they heard their rides outside has already came so, everyone got outside to get in the cars. Seo-hyun and Adrian were the last to get out.

At the Blue House, the kitchen prepared them a sumptous dinner for all of them! The singers were all at awe seeing that they were inside the residence of the Royal Family!

“I really still can’t believe we’re all at the Blue House! This is all just amazing! Switzel-ah, do you come here often?” he asked Switzel who was sitting beside him.

“Neh Oppa! Me and Gae-hwa would always be invited of course by our best friend Seo-hyun! We would be at special dinner, banquets, gatherings… anywhere she goes we follow!” she answered.

“Oh yeah! Um, ah! Adrian Oppa, during the Blue House Raid, did those North Korean infiltrators managed to get inside here?” asked Ga In.

“No actually. They only called it the Blue House Raid because the closest they got here was at the checkpoint. That was lucky because our grandfather and grandmother at that time were at the garden so, if those infiltrators got in, who knows what could’ve happened!”

“Seo-hyun-ah, at that time, when you said you werr going at somewhere important before our first date, it was actually at the Gyeongbokgung Palace right?” asked Seulong to which Seo-hyun answered: “That’s right Oppa! Sorry again for that and also those times when you offered to take me home. It’s just that if I took you to my house at Gangnam, you would be able to notice that I just live beside Taecyeon Oppa and if you two met while we’re there, the secret would have been out then!” Seulong understood this and just laughed. “It’s okay. No need to worry.”

After dinner, they all explored the place in which Seo-hyun, Paolo and Adrian served as tour guides. Then, Paolo thought of something!

“Back in a second guys! I just have to make an important phone call!”

Then, he rushed back and said: “Mom and dad said it’a alright! Everyone, well, the singers specifically, how would you like to spend the night here? Well?”

He singers just looked at each other and shouted out loud: “YES OF COURSE!”

They all stayed in the guest rooms which fortunately wasn’t realtively less in number. Paolo, Adrian, Gae-hwa, Switzel and Seo-hyun stayed in their rooms of course but, in Switzel and Seo-hyun’s situations, Jonghyun and Seulong were with them respectively!

Inside Seo-hyun’s room, the couple was already in bed… but! Seulong has the entire blanket to himself while Seo-hyun doesn’t!

“Seo-hyun-ah! You like it to be very cold while you don’t have a blanket to cover you!” scolded Seulong. She answered: “Oppa, it’s okay! I’ve done this a couple of times! Besides, I have something better thatn a blanket!” He asked: “And what is that?” She hugged him as tight as she can and said: “Let’s go to sleep now Mr. Blanket!”

Seulong smiled at this and hugged her too. But in the end, he still manged to throw some of the blanket over Seo-hyun.

Before they slept, Seo-hyun showed him the Seulong board to which Seulong just couldn’t believe at what he was seeing! After that, they talked and shared stories for a while before going to sleep.

The next day after breakfast and also after their stuff which they left at Seo-hyun’s place arrived, Seulong and the others all said goodbye to Seo-hyun and the rest.

“I’ll call you when we get back okay?” said Seulong to Seo-hyun. “Neh. Okay then. I’ll be waiting!”

They all boarded the cars which will accompany them to their respective places, dorms and houses.

When Seulong arrived at their dorm, he immediately called Seo-hyun to tell her that he and the others arrived safely. After that, he went to a nearby store to buy some snacks because the others ordered him to do so.

“Aish! Those lazy friends of mine!” As he was looking at the shelves, someone placed a hand on his right shoulder. When he turned around, he saw that it was Michael!

“Michael! What now? Seo-hyun’s not with me. She’s at the Blue House and I thought she said to never come near the two of us again? Well?”

“So it is true then. Araseo but, just to tell you, I’m the one who knows Seo-hyun more than you do!” said Michael with a threatening tone.

“Really now? Did you sleep with her at the Blue House once?” asked Seulong with a smirk.

“What?! You two did?! Me and her?! Not yet! Grr!!!” Michael was now being getting angrier by the minute!

“Thought so! You may have that as your champion but me and Seo-hyun have done things which you two didn’t! How about kissing by the Han River at sunset? Well?”

“That’s it! I’m here to tell you that I’m gonna do whatever it takes to win back Seo-hyun from you!” Michael said as he pushed Seulong a bit. Seulong replied: “It’s a war then! I tell you right here and now that I’m gonna do also whatever it takes to protect mine and Seo-hyun’s relationship! Got that?!” Seulong said as he also pushed Michael!

“Got it, rookie.” said Michael with a smirk. Seulong answered him back and said: “Rookie huh? Traitor.”

Michael, whose expression then became serious while his eyes were angrily staring at his rival then left Seulong alone and went out of the store.

“Seo-hyun, I promise that I’ll protect our relationship no matter what happens! You bet on it that I will!”