The Second Start

We Were In Love

 

March 2008 -2-

I run as fast as I can. I called Eunhyuk oppa and he didn’t answer my calls, 45 of them. I think he’s really busy with something or he’s training but I need to tell him something urgently. I need to do some practice for the first stage next week and I can only ask oppa to visit my grandmother. I climb the stairs and search for him in the gym but he’s not there. I meet with Leetuk oppa and he grabs my elbow. “Soyeon-ah, what are you doing here? I thought you’re at the hospital visiting your grandmother.” I stop and take a breath. “I have 30 minutes break from my practice in school. I can’t visit grandma today so I need to tell Eunhyuk oppa. Do you see him?” Leetuk oppa fall silent for a while. “I don’t think I saw him today” I said thank you and search for oppa.

I saw Sooyoung walking angrily from the dance room. When she sees me, she straight away smiles. “Unni, what are you doing here? How’s your grandmother?” she asks. “Sorry Sooyoung-ah, I’m looking for Eunhyuk oppa. Do you see him?” I ask. She shakes her head and invites me for lunch but I refuse. I walk through the dance room and heard oppa’s voice. “I’ll tell her one day, can’t you just wait. It is hard for me. You should know better right?” Oppa is half screaming. “Oppa, before she knows from someone else it is better if she hears it from us. If you can’t do it, I will.” I look from behind the door and saw Jessica. She looks so sad and angry at the same time. I really don’t know what they are talking about and I’m still clueless on why Sooyoung didn’t tell me that Eunhyuk oppa is in the dance room earlier. “Right now, Soyeon unni will look like a victim” Jessica continue. Eunhyuk oppa just with his bowed head, facing the floor and both fall in silent. “I’ll tell her, don’t worry” Eunhyuk oppa said. I walk inside the room and smile to both of them. “What do you want to tell me?” I ask. “Soyeon-ah. Why are you here? You’re supposed to be with grandmother” Eunhyuk oppa shocked but he never shows that. As usual he is calm and smiles back at me while Jessica looks so uncomfortable. “I’m searching for you. I can’t visit grandma today because I have training and I need you to help me visits her.” I explain. “I’m about to tell you that. I’m going to visit your grandma with Jessica but she can’t go.” Eunhyuk oppa talks while packing his bag. Jessica just nod “I’m busy with musical stage” she said. “Why didn’t you tell me this morning oppa?” I ask. “I’m sorry, I forget”. He takes my hand and walks to the stairs. We walk together until the front door. I look at oppa before he left “Do you know something, oppa. You keep forgetting lots of things these days. You better have a checked at grandma’s hospital. Maybe you have amnesia like her.” I said and chuckled. “Don’t do that Soyeon-ah”. He holds my head and walks away. And again, I can just look at his back.

I look at my handphone’s screen. We just finished practice and now they are all decorating for the performance tomorrow. This few days it seems like I can forget everything that happened between oppa and Sica. Looking at Joon’s ballet dance, enjoying Yoseob’s act and who knows that the student Kikwang can dance divinely to a lyrical dance. I enjoyed everything, giving those instructions, arrange the music for them and even make the story. The story of three sad princes that live so well in a castle but craving for love in different ways. They really dance well to tell the story. But after a while, I’ll be back in my sad reality. And with so many people around me right now. Why am I feeling so alone? Loner than before. “Mum,dad...why do I feel so alone?” I whisper. “I don’t want to be alone!” I scream my heart out. “Class president, you definitely not alone. Can’t you be considerate of the people around you?” I hear someone voice behind me. Omo, I forget again. This is used to be my favourite place alone. But not anymore. I open my eyes and turn around. There he is as usual, with his walkman and book that now on his face because he is lying down on the water tank. “I’m sorry” I climb down the stairs of the water tank and try to run. “Class president, they are looking for you downstairs. Don’t try to run” He screams.

“Soyeon-unni, what to do? We can’t hang the banner here because it’s too heavy.” Hyosung said to me. Our class is in charge of the stage decorations. “Then, let’s use the iron rods but we need a boy helps. Call someone tall” I said and then Joon come while pointing at himself “I can help I’m the tallest and most handsome boy in this class.” Everyone that hears it just shook our heads and said “What are the relations?”

I ask Joon to climb the stairs and stick the rods to the wall so that the banner won’t fall and he keeps doing it wrongly because he gets confused with right and left. At the end, I’m the one who climbs the ladder. “Joon, don’t move. Stay there. If you move I kill you” I said. Jiyeon helps to pass the rods but it is heavier than I expected and I lost my balance. I close my eyes and imagine that I’ll be waking up in the hospital because our stage floor is made of concrete instead of woods. I fall and “Ouch!” I scream. It’s hurt but not as hurt as I thought it would be. I touch the floor and there’s a mat that we used as protection during gym class. Since when did the mat appear on this stage? Then I saw Yoseob with his mouth open wide, Joon still at the same place where I ask him to stay and Kikwang with his feet at the side of the mat. Jiyeon come to me and ask “Unni, are you okay? Oppa, why did you kick the gym mat? Yoseob oppa is still in shock” she asks Kikwang then. “I’m afraid that she’ll get hurt and no one to give orders on how to decorate this stage”. He said. “Then oppa, you should catch unni instead of kicking the mat” Jiyeon protests. “I’m afraid that I will get hurt” he said and walks away. “What had just happened?” I ask, still dizzy from the fall. “Ehem...I’ll tell you, this is how the story starts”. Everyone screams “Joon!”.”Okay, okay. Yoseob carrying the mat and asks Kikwang for help but when he saw you’re falling; he kicks the mat from Yoseob’s shoulder to catch you like a stuntman. He looks so cool but I’m cooler” Joon smiles widely.”Joon-ah, if you help me to hold the ladder you will look cooler.”I said. “Or if you catch unni, you will look even cooler”. Jiyeon continue. “But Soyeon said not to move. I don’t want to get kill.” Joon said. I look at Jiyeon and she looks at me. She just lifts her shoulder.

 

~Sorry for the late update...This is my pace and I’m so sorry if it’s slow. I’m going to write a very fast plot story so there’s not so many details will be put. I’m sorry for the bad English and nadim13, German_B2uty, soyeonjjang02 and ELFB2UTYT-ARATARD thanks for subscribing and commenting.