o n e

Dreams Do Come True

Hugging My Unc----L? 

 

 

Park Hye Ri’s POV

========================================================================================================

“Please fasten your seatbelt. The plane is about to land at the Incheon Airport.”

       I clutched my bag as I fastened my seatbelt. *This is it. My dream is finally coming true.*

“We have finally landed at the Incheon Airport. Thanks for staying with Korea Airways. Enjoy your stay here in South Korea.”

        I immediately grabbed my bag from the upper deck shelf and excitedly made my way towards the exit of the plane. As I took the first step outside, I immediately screamed!

        “I’m finally here, South Korea!”

          People started to look at me and I bowed down in shame. After that, they gave me all smiles, like they are telling me, “It’s alright. We know that it’s your first time here.”

        

          I went to get my luggage and immediately called my uncle. He picked up after the third ring.

          “Samcheon, I’m already at the airport. Please come and pick me up~”, I sang over the phone, earning a few chuckles from my uncle over the other line.

           “Baby, I’m sorry but I won’t be the one to pick you up there. I’m actually in a photoshoot now. My bestfriend will be the one to pick you up there. “, he replied. My uncle is a famous photographer here in Korea, by the way.

            “Oh. It’s alright Samcheon. I’ll wait for him. But wait, how do I know if you’re bestfriend’s here?”, I asked him.

             “Don’t worry. He’ll be carrying a big card with your name on it. “

             “Arasso. Gomawo Samcheon. I’ll be waiting for him. See you later. ”, I said as I hung up the phone.

 

 

             After a few minutes of waiting, I finally saw my uncle’s bestfriend, frantically waving a big card with my name on it. I laughed at his expression. I approached him but he still didn’t notice me. Then I heard him talking to himself.

             “What if she doesn’t know Korean? How should I talk to her? Aigoo.”

             I laughed at his troubled face. That’s when he noticed me standing beside him. I gave him a little wave and pointed to my name on the card he’s holding.

              “You must b---b-be Dong J—jun’s niece, aren’t you?”, he asked me, in a not so perfect Engrish.

              “Oh yes. It’s me. Park Hye Ri.”, I replied in English, trying to a little.

               “C-come to my car.”, he replied as he gave me a slight smile, though I can feel him having trouble conversing with me.

              “Relax ahjusshi. I know how to speak Korean. I’m one, after all.”,  I said as I grinned at him.

              “Aigoo! You should have told me a while ago! You’re a bad girl, like your uncle!”, he said as we laughed together at his comment. He helped me with my luggage and we proceeded to his car.

               “This is your car, ahjussi?”, I said, as I pointed towards the big black van infront of us.

              “It looks like an idol’s van.”, I added.

               “Oh really? Many people told me that. Hehe.”, he said as he finally placed my luggage at the bunk of the van. I took a sit at the front seat.

                    As we were on our way to Uncle’s photoshoot, ahjussi and I talked about a lot of things.

                  “Ahjussi, you know, you look like a certain someone I know.”, I told him.

                  “I know that I look handsome. But, nugu? Rain, Lee Min Ho? Who do I look like? Tell me!”, he replied as I chuckled at his silliness.

                  “No. You look like one of the managers of my favourite boyband.”

                   “Now I look like a manager driving an idol’s car? Wow!”

                   “Yes, you really do! Haha!”

                    “By the way, what band is that?”

                   “What band?”, I asked him.

                   “Your favourite band?”

                   “Oh! They’re Infinite. I really like them!”, I exclaimed.

                   “They’re the reason why I went here to Korea.”, I added.

                   “Really? You like them that much?”, He questioned me, a silly grin pasted on his face.

                    “Yes! I love them very much! Especially L oppa!”, I squealed in a high-pitched tone, obviously coming from a big fangirl like me. Ahjusshi just laughed at my silliness.

                    “So I heard from your uncle that you are from the Philippines.”, Ahjusshi asked me.

                   “Neh ahjusshi. My mom and dad has established their business there, that’s why I wasn’t able to come to Korea.”, I told him.

                   “How did you manage to get here by yourself?”

                   “Well, it’s their gift for me.”

                    “You must be very lucky to have them.”, Ahjusshi told me.

                   “Neh. I’m an only child though that’s why they’re overprotective of me. They only allowed me to come here when I turn eighteen.”

                   “So it’s actually your birthday today?”

                   “Neh.”

                    “Happy birthday then!”, he chimed.

            

                    Ahjusshi did most of the talking while he let me rest. We were very comfortable with each other, and he even asked me to call him Uncle. I agreed since we’re really in good terms.

                  “Hye Ri-ah, we’re here already.” Ahjusshi said as he shook me to wake up.

                  “Oh. Thanks for waking me up, Ahju---Uncle.” I said as I went down the van.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                                                       

                    We arrived at a studio, two storeys high. This must be my real Uncle’s workplace.

                “Uncle~ Is this Dong Jun Samcheon’s workplace?”, I asked him.

               “Yes. His studio is on the first floor and the second floor is a mini-condominium where you will live.”, he replied.

                “Oh, Komawo, uncle. “

                “Kaja! Let’s go in.”, Ahjusshi said, as he opened the door for me.

                “Wow! This is daebak!”, I told him and he laughed.

                “Of course, your uncle is a great photographer sought by all artists in this land.”, he replied.

                 “I never knew that Dong Jun Samcheon is really very popular. I really thought he was lying.”, I said as we both laughed.

 

                    As we walked further, I saw a faint shadow at the far end of the studio. The shadow was holding a camera, and I’m quite sure that it’s uncle.

                    “Hana, deul, set, SURPRISE!”, I exclaimed as I hugged my uncle.

                   But I received no hug back. Instead, my uncle gently pushed me away.

                   “Uncle, why did you do th-------L?

                  And as I looked up to see that person’s face, it was none other than Infinite’s visual, Kim Myungsoo. My eyes almost bulged out of its sockets.

                   Wait?!

                  Did I just hug my prince charming?

 

 

   Yay! First chapter updated!

                                                                                                            Comment and subscribe!

                                                                                                                         -kpopislovee