Misunderstandings

I Like You Best

Hi-yeum guys~

Oh wow... I got like... No comments whatsoever on the last chapter TT^TT...

And I'm updating 2 days later! Someone comment PLEASE!!! D:

Or Jenny will get really discouraged :(

Did you all leave me?

We'll see at the end of this chapter ._.

 

Chapter 10: Misunderstandings

Jun Hyung’s P.O.V:

“Yah! Open it!” I hit the bedroom door again in frustration at the stupid prank. I was in no mood for their immaturity lately.

“Mianhae Junnie, I can’t do that.” Hyun Seung said from the other side of the door.

“Why the hell not?” I asked back.

“You brought it on yourself,” was all he said back to me.

“What?” I asked giving up on the door and sitting against the wall beside it. “Explain.”

“How’s Min?” He asked ignoring my question.

“I- I don’t know…” I said playing with my phone. I opened it up and looked at all the texts she had sent me this past week.

*Monday’s Messages*

Oppa, shall we meet? (:

I guess you’re busy, message me later!

Oppa~ Still busy?

*Tuesday’s Messages*

Are you okay?

*Wednesday’s Messages*

Are my texts not sending? This ! Message me oppa, I wanna hang out (:

*Thursday’s Messages*

Sorry for bugging so much… I should know you’re busy ._. Talk to me whenever~ Take care oppa…

Thursday was the last day she had bothered to talk to me. She attempted to call me several times during the week but I ignored her as much as I didn’t want to. What was wrong with me? Anyone would call me the childish one if they knew I was only avoiding Min because she liked Ki Kwang and not me.

“You don’t know? How? I thought you two were so close.” Hyun Seung snapped me from my moping with his voice.

“I… I just haven’t spoken to her, that’s all… Forget that,” I said not wanting to feel the guilt. “Why am I in here? And why do you have to guard the door?”

“You’ll find out. Just take a nap or something; I’m going to make some food.” He answered as I heard his footsteps leaving me alone.

“Yah! Just let me out!”

“Nope.” I heard him yell back.

“At least feed me?” I asked in a last attempt to get him to open the door.

“Yeah, and open the door so you can push past? I wasn’t born yesterday. Have a good nap Junnie.” He knocked on the door to signal he was leaving(?) and I didn’t hear from him again.

 I jiggled the knob a couple more times before I gave up and went to lie down. What the hell were they planning? And how long was I stuck in here?

This .

Your P.O.V:

“Oppa, this is kind of sudden. Why are we going to the dorm? Isn’t everyone at schedules?”

“Ah, neh… But Hyun Seung is cooking and wants you to come. He’ll be sad if you don’t.” Doo Joon oppa answered.

“Oh, ok then. Do we need to get anything before going?”

“Nope, just yourself. We’re here.”

I hopped out of the car and shut the door before heading up to the dorm with oppa following behind me. Once I reached the door I turned to Doo Joon oppa and waited as he got to the door and opened it. He signaled for me to go first and I said a quick thanks before I entered. But I stopped as I took off my shoes and turned to him.

“Is Jun Hyung oppa here?” I asked cautiously looking around.

“Ah Jun Hyung? No, he went out.” He answered suddenly absorbed in placing his shoes in just the right place.

“Ah… ok.” If Jun Hyung didn’t want to see me, I would do what I could to not bother him.

I walked in and say Hyunnie oppa cooking and walked up to him.

“What are you cooking?” I asked peering into the pot curiously.

“Secret~” He said placing a finger to his lip.

“Ah, is that so?”

“Yes, so go to Doo Joonie and talk. I’m busy.” He stuck out his tongue in a playful way and shooed me away.

I wandered around until I found Doo Joon doing something to the bedroom door.

“Oppa?” I asked making him jump and I saw the key which he shoved into his jean pocket. “What are you doing?”

“Ah… Mianhae Minnie.”

“Huh?” I squealed slightly as he lifted me up and opened the door, dropping me down to the floor and then shut the door behind him, locking me inside all within a couple of seconds. “Oppa?” I asked feeling slightly panicked.

“Sorry, both of you need to work things out. He’s probably sleeping, wake him up.” He said through the door.

“Him who?” I asked looking around until I saw the sleeping lump on the bed.

“Just work things out.” And with that I could hear his footsteps walking away and the muffled sounds of him and Hyun Seung oppa talking.

“I don’t like this.” I mumbled crossing my arms. Second time I’ve been locked in a room by my oppas. I sighed, resigned to my fate and walked towards the bed with the lump in it. I tried to glance at the face without waking him, but his face was blocked from my face.

“Oppa?...” I asked not knowing who was there. “Get up?” I poked what I thought was his foot and he stirred slightly mumbling nonsense.

It was enough for me to realize who he was and I quickly turned to the door and called out again. “Doo Joon oppa, let me out please? Before he wakes up?” I asked turning to check if my voice had woken him up. Jun Hyung oppa was still peacefully sleeping. I turned back to the door.

“No can do Min.” Doo Joon oppa answered through the door.

“Hyunnie oppa?” I tried again.

“I can’t Minnie… Mianhae…” He said sadly.

“Well… I’m not waking him up so… You’re just making me starve in here.” I said praying they would give this up.

“Oh…” I heard Doo Joon say through the door. “I’ll have to.”

“Huh?” I asked confused.

“JUN HYUNG GET UP NOW!” He yelled as he banged on the door for extra noise.

“Don’t!” I said just adding to the noise. I covered my mouth instantly and turned to see him shoot up in bed and look around in confusion.

“Min?” He asked groggily. For no apparent reason, I stayed quiet and waited for him to talk again. “What are you doing here? Did they lock you in here too?” I nodded silently and went to the farthest corner from him.

“Oppa…” I knocked weakly on the door again. “Please let me out…” I couldn’t understand why my heart hurt so much to be near Jun Hyung oppa, I just know it did, especially after how he had been acting. I got no answer and resigned myself to waiting for one of us to move.

After a few seconds, I looked up as Jun Hyun oppa slowly slipped out of the bed and onto the floor and began walking… Towards me. My heart jumped inexplicably and then fell just as quickly and inexplicably as he passed me to go to the door instead.

“Yah, you two. This is enough, why would you lock us in here?”

“Ask Min.” That’s all we heard. I held my breath.

‘Why am I held responsible? My luck…’ I thought as I saw Jun Hyung oppa look at me questionably.

“You know?”

“I don’t.” I replied.

“So why are they saying to ask you?”

I felt a little surprised at his tone. “Are you actually mad at me?” I asked standing up to face him. All the missing heart beats suddenly came back with a vengeance.

“I might be, are you responsible for this?” He asked facing me looking pretty annoyed.

I scoffed. “Yah, really? You really think I would do something like this? Oppa, you’re really something.”

“What is that supposed to mean?”

“Well first, you’re accusing me of doing something this… Ridiculous when I think you know me better than that… And I wasn’t going to ask but… Why are you avoiding me?” I could’ve sworn I saw something flash in his eyes like sadness but I kept my ground. I really wanted an answer.

“I… I don’t know what you’re talking about Min Young-ah.” I looked at him incredulously as he turned away from me and began hitting the door again.

“Give it up, they won’t open it.” I said walking towards to the closest bed.

“What do they want us to do?” He asked with a sigh.

“Work things out.”

“Work things out?”

“That’s what Doo Joon oppa said…”

“There’s nothing to work out.”

“I think there is.”

“So it was your fault.”

“No, stop accusing me.”

“Then what do we need to work out?”

“Why did it take Doo Joon and Hyun Seung oppa locking us in a room for you to talk to me, much less see me?”

“I… I don’t want to talk about this… I told you I wasn’t, I’m just busy…”

I stood up and grabbed his hand from which he flinched away from. A little hurt I nodded my understanding. “You can just tell me the truth you know… I can handle it.”

“There isn’t anything to say!” This time I flinched at his loud tone. “I just… I needed to be away from you. I can’t stand being near you. Is that what you want to hear?” He was breathing hard after his yelling that seemed to make the dorm dead silent. He grunted and began banging on the door.

“I… I’m sorry; I didn’t realize I was that big a bother…” My voice cracked on the last word but I didn’t care. I was more focused on the tears that were threatening to escape.

The door opened to reveal a concerned looking Hyun Seung oppa. He looked at Jun Hyung oppa who merely said, “Happy?” and pushed past him and Doo Joon oppa without a word. No one moved until the sound of the door slamming was heard, signaling his leaving.

“Minnie… We’re so sorry…” Hyun Seung oppa slowly came towards me and enveloped me in a hug and I finally let the tears flow out.

“This guy… Min Youngie… Don’t take his words to heart, araso? He just doesn’t know how to express himself well…” Doo Joon oppa came and patted my head as he spoke.

“Neh…” I pulled away from them and quickly wiped my tears giving them a smile. “I should get home, I’m okay, don’t worry.”

“I’ll take you home Min,” Doo Joon oppa offered.

“Ah, no no… I need to be alone right now if you don’t mind…”

“Of course we don’t… Just be careful ok?” Hyunnie oppa asked moving my bangs out of my face.

“I will. I’ll see you guys soon.” I walked towards the door and put my shoes on as I spoke.

“Take care.” They echoed as I walked out and shut the door behind me.

As soon as the door was shut, I let out a sigh and began walking.
______________________________________________________________________

I was almost home. The whole ride home was just pure depressing thoughts.

“Stop thinking about him…” I mumbled to myself. A lady looked at me oddly and I turned away awkwardly.

My phone started ringing and I grabbed it quickly looking at the caller ID. It was a number I didn’t know. Curious, I picked up.

“Neh?”

“Is this Park Min Young?”

“Ah... Neh? Who is this?”

“I’m calling from Seoul Sky Hospital. Your mother is currently here.”

“Why?...” I asked feeling anxious.

“She came in a few minutes ago, she’s had an attack. At the moment she is being stabilized, but it’s proving to be difficult. We need you to come and sign as her guardian.”

“Of course, I’ll be right there. Thank you.” I hung up and turned around running to catch a bus. I shook my head to rid myself of any other thoughts. All that mattered was my eomma…

This is not how I wanted to stop thinking about him…
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

:OOOO!!!!

Comments now??

Where's Junnie go?!

Will Min's eomma be ok??

Will you comment!?

We'll see. :)

Until next time,

Bye-yeum!~