My weird neighbor

My weird neighbor

 

This was the average day for Baekhyun.

He went to college. Came back. Ate his lunch. Went to work. And came back again.

But as he was tiredly walking up to his apartment door he noticed that the door to the once abandoned next door apartment was open. And so, being as curious as he is, he decided to go take a look, only to bump into someone as soon as he poked his head inside.

 

The other boy, who was much, much taller than Baekhyun looked at him for a moment, before scrunching up his nose in the weirdest way and smiling while apologizing. Baekhyun could’ve sworn he had just made a stupid face, how could anyone normal smile like that? He had never seen anything like that.

 

He kept staring, until the other boy got uncomfortable and waved a big hand in front of his face, pulling him out of his trance. Baekhyun immediately bowed and apologized several times, before backing up and looking at his face again.

 

“Are you new here?” he asked and looked inside the apartment to find a mess of cardboard box’s everywhere. 

 

“Yeah... I just transferred here” the tall boy answered and once again gave him one his weird smiles. Keeping one of his eyes half closed while the other completely open. Baekhyun watched attentively to this “smile” of his and furrowed his eyebrows together. This was indeed a very peculiar and unique way of smiling. If he could even call it that. 

 

He once again found himself staring and shook his head, smiling and walking to his apartment. He said his goodbyes and entered the small apartment. Dropping himself on the couch and staring at the sealing. 

 

This was a weird time to transfer. He thought and the more he thought about his new neighbor the more curious he got about the weird way he smiled. It’s not like he has a weird or anything... but since he was young, Baekhyun has always found himself very... appreciating. Yeah thats the word. Of people’s smiles. 

 

He thought they were the prettiest expressions. No matter if it was a happy, sad, timid smile. And because of all these years appreciating exactly that, he had thought he had seen every type of smile. The way the corners of one’s mouth turn up. The way one’s teeth show. Or even those crooked shy smiles he would see mostly on girls. 

 

But that guy’s smile was something else. His nose would scrunch up. His right eye would close. And he still managed to plaster the biggest smile ever on his face. Baekhyun only saw him do it twice, but in a matter of minutes, which told him that that guy must do that pretty often.

 

Weird. Weird. Was all that ran through Baekhyun’s mind and once he tried doing the same and failed miserably, he picked himself off the couch and went to the kitchen, to see if he could cook something and maybe get his mind of off that stranger’s smile. 

 

But once he’d started boiling the water, his cellphone, that was still resting inside of his backpack, started ringing. So he left what he was doing and went to pick it up. Quickly flipping it open and answering the call.

 

It was one of his “friends” asking to come over. Yeah, he likes to call them friends. But they’re not really that. They’re more like... buddies. But he hates that word, so he never uses it. And seeing as Baekhyun wasn’t really in the mood to be with him, he just made up an excuse and dropped the phone on top of the couch, before turning it off. 

 

And once he had eaten dinner and taken a big, long, hot shower, Baekhyun made his way to his room and dropped himself face first on the bed, lazily pushing the covers over his body and falling asleep with a faint image of that stranger’s smile running through his mind once again. 

 

The next day he woke up with a loud bang on his door. And no matter how much he tried to ignore the loud sound, it just wouldn’t stop. So, with his eyes still half closed, baekhyun made his way through his small living room, softly bumping into one of the arms of the couch, before opening the door and having to look up.

 

The other person suddenly bowed and softly bumped into Baekhyun’s head, causing him to widen his eyes but at least waking him up fully. The taller boy apologized 7 times. Yeah, he counted. before Baekhyun smiled and asked what was wrong. 

 

“It’s my first day here and since I don’t know where to go I though I would ask you for directions. I’m so sorry I woke you up! I’ll return later!” the tall boy quickly said and was about to run away when Baekhyun grabbed his arm and stopped him.

 

“Since I’m already up, come in!” he said excitedly and waited for him to come inside. But for some reason, he looked rather excitant. 

 

“Is it really ok?” he asked and Baekhyun immediately nodded, giving him a little push, before closing the door behind him and gesturing the boy to seat on his couch while he was going to get dressed. 

 

Once he got back, he noticed the boy nervously sitting on his couch, legs firmly pressed together while both his hands grabbed the campus map strongly. Baekhyun smiled to himself and took a seat next to him, lifting on of his hands to the other boy and stating “I’m Baekhyun! Nice to meet you”

 

The boy stared at him for a little while before letting go of the map and shaking hands with Baekhyun, his face contorting into one of his weirdly fascinating smiles, before speaking in a voice that had Baekhyun wide eyed, “My name’s Park Chanyeol! Nice to meet you too” 

 

Seriously, Baekhyun had to blink several times before realizing that indeed, the boy with the weird smile and cute face, had the deepest, smoothest voice he had ever heard. And after he realized he was staring. Again. He blushed and let go of the boy’s hand. A sudden wave of nervousness taking over him.

 

Chanyeol eyed him curiously before picking the map up from his lap and pointing to a big building, asking if Baekhyun could maybe give him a little advice on how to get there. Baekhyun wondered for a while before realizing that it was the building right next to the one where all his classes are.

 

“Oh you can walk with me if you want, all my classes are in the building right next to that one” Baekhyun said and watched fascinated as this time, Chanyeol’s face didn’t contort itself, but rather, a small simple smile appeared. And it had Baekhyun wondering how many different expression did he have. 

 

And not even after a whole day of classes and work, could he forget that smile. How could he really?. A person as fascinated by smile’s as Baekhyun is, couldn’t just let go of it. He couldn’t and he didn’t want to either. But his life was more than appreciating smiles. He was a very weird person. He knew it himself. But just how weird, he hoped no one would know. 

 

He hoped no one would know how every month, there was a different guy sleeping in his bed. How, oddly enough, he never had feelings for those he slept with. How many guys, in his 20 years of living, he had dated. How much hate he had gotten when he was in middle school for being gay. Those type of things. He didn’t think they were bad, but he still didn’t want other people to know. 

 

Baekhyun also didn’t want his neighbor to hear the noises he made every night when one of his “friends” would come over. He didn’t want Chanyeol to see them come in, or to see them leave his apartment. But he was sure he had seen them. And heard him. And was probably disgusted by now. He didn’t blame him. At all.

 

But one afternoon, one of his long forgotten ex boyfriend decided to come by and start arguing. Baekhyun tried his best to silence him, but the guy just wouldn’t shut up. Once Baekhyun snapped and told him to shut his mouth, the guy grabbed him by the neck and slammed him against the wall, screaming words like , ,  

 

After hearing the loud bang caused by Baekhyun’s body, Chanyeol, who was just about to go out, quickly opened the door of his apartment and Baekhyun watched as he furrowed his eyebrows, showing him yet another expression, before making his way over and punching the other guy straight in the face. Picking Baekhyun, who was now on the ground, and taking him inside. 

 

Baekhyun stared back at his ex boyfriend’s figure on the ground clutching his face and was taken aback when he felt two slim arms hug him by the waist. It took him a couple of minutes, but just as the warm feeling was settling in, Baekhyun strongly pushed Chanyeol, bowed, thanking him for his help, before storming out of the apartment and into his own. 

 

His heart was beating so fast he felt like he had just ran a marathon. 

Why the hell did he have to see that? Now he would be even more disgusted by him. If that was even possible. And why did such an innocent person, have to touch such a corrupted creature like himself? Baekhyun just couldn’t let go of the idea that if Chanyeol touched him, he would become dirty. 

 

It was with these thoughts that Baekhyun let himself fall asleep on the couch, and only woke up when his cellphone softly vibrated inside one of his pockets. But instead of picking it up, Baekhyun pushed the power off button and threw it onto the small couch placed next to the one where he was laying. 

 

It bugged him to no end. 

 

How he had gone 20 years without ever feeling anything, for pretty much anybody. And this weird looking guy, moves next door, smiles at him and Baekhyun’s head just doesn’t think about anything else. 

 

Its not like they were friends or anything. They talked from time to time. But Baekhyun just couldn’t let go of that guy’s smile. Or his voice. Or his big eyes. Or his everything. Baekhyun’s mind was just a big messy pile of Chanyeol. And he liked it that way.

 

He just didn’t like the idea of Chanyeol either, finding out about these weird feelings he’s having, or developing similar feelings towards him. Because that just couldn’t happen. It just couldn’t.

 

Chanyeol was this oblivious child, while on the other hand Baekhyun looked like one, but was very experienced -in pretty much everything.

 

Chanyeol’s expressions were pure and raw, while Baekhyun’s where most of the times forced and well thought. 

 

Chanyeol was an innocent, clean guy, while Baekhyun was, just like his class mates used to call him, a dirty loving

 

There was just no way in hell Baekhyun would ever let Chanyeol touch him. There was no way. He wouldn’t let Chanyeol corrupt himself and let him become just like Baekhyun. 

 

But one day, when he had just opened his apartment door, he locked eyes with a rather tired Chanyeol. Who jumped a little but quickly ran towards the latter and pushed the door open in one swift movement. His breathing quick. 

 

“Hyung... What’s wrong with you?” Chanyeol asked as he squeezed Baekhyun’s shoulders.

 

Baekhyun was more than prettified. He just wanted to get Chanyeol’s hands of off him. But no matter how hard he tried, Chanyeol would just tighten his grip. 

 

“P-please don’t touch me” Baekhyun braved out and looked at his feet, afraid that if he looked up, all his conviction would vanish under Chanyeol’s big brown eyes. 

 

“Why not?” 

 

“Just d-don’t!” Baekhyun screamed  and was forced to look up when two big hands found their way to his small face. 

 

“Stop! Hyung, you’re hurting me...” Chanyeol said quietly and Baekhyun found himself lost in his eyes. 

 

“You’re the one hurting me” 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you read it please do leave comments ^^

And also tell me if I should give it a continuation or not eheh

ENJOY!