There's Nothing You Can't Do

How To Turn Your Boyfriend Gay!

Hana cleaned herself up in the bathroom. She swiped a cotton bud under her wet eyes and fixed up her eye liner. Then, she threw it in the bin and with a cough and a shaky smile, she exited the bathroom to join the others.

"Hey-where?..." Everyone had left. Hana sighed. Wasn't like she expected them to stay for her. *Now, where did they say they were going?*

A warm hand on her shoulder shocked her. She turned to find herself walking beside one of the giants, Chanyeol. "So," he purred, "what is my relationship with you again Hana-ssi?"

She waved her hand dismissively. "Just Hana will be fine. And you work with me. I haven't met Kai until today." she added in the last sentence just for effect. She couldn't have anyone slipping up.

Chanyeol looked at her curiously. "And why haven't you met Kai until today?"

 

Hana stiffened and looked away. Her gaze softened at a group of children playing around their mother's legs. "Because it'll cause too much trouble." she whispered. Chanyeol didn't catch that, but he sensed that she didn't want to say anything else so he just continued to walk.

"Well, Hana, since I am your coworker," he winked. Hana's appreciation for him grew immensely. "I think I should know you better, you know, to toughen up the story a bit."

She didn't know where to start. "Well, Minhee, my sister, is only older by about a year and a half, and we grew up in separate houses because mum and dad got divorced when I was seven." she nodded to herself. "But we're close."

"I'm sorry to hear that." for some reason, his grip got tighter on her wrist and Hana raised her own eyebrows. "You?"

Chanyeol looked at her. "Appa died when I was seven. Car accident." Hana murmured an apology and he chuckled.

"Why does everyone say that?"

"Say what?"

His voice seemed to shake her whole body.

"Sorry. You have nothing to be sorry for, it's not like you caused his death.

She frowned. "Yes but people say sorry because they feel guilty if they aroused any ill feelings."

Chanyeol smiled. "Touche." 

Before they could talk anymore, Chanyeol abruptly stopped his pace and looked over to the right side. "Here we are." he dropped her wrist.

Fei smiled and waved. "Here Hana!" At her call, Chen, Kai, Jonghyun and Kyung Jae looked over to her.

Heartbreakingly, it was Kyung Jae who looked back to the other side without any expression on his face.

Hana's smile deflated just a little bit. It hurt a bit too much to be happy anymore. "Smile." Chanyeol whispered to her. She looked up at him in shock. She was sure her smile didn't even drop, if not falter.

He winked once more. "Park Chanyeol, psychology major, Yonsei Uni." He mock saluted her and she giggled.

Hana shook her head. "Well then, mr Park Chanyeol, I guess there's no hiding anything from you right?"

Before he could answer, Jonghyun pulled her away with a tight smile. "I don't know what's wrong with Kyung Jae, but he's making your co workers friend's uncomfortable."

For a minute she thought he meant Kai, but when she remembered her story, she looked back over to Chanyeol. "Oh, my co worker. Yes."

Jonghyun gave her a concerned look. He placed his palm on her forehead. "You okay Hana? Do you need water?"

She shook him off with a smirk. "Fine. Just fine."

The two looked back to Kyung Jae, where he was animatedly talking to the other guys but they were obviously feeling really awkward."

"Gosh." she sighed. "Why is he trying so hard?"

Confused, Jonghyun said, "Trying so hard to what?"

She gave him an immeasurable stare. She opened to say something, but the only word that came out of was, "Nothing."

"I'll fix this." with another sigh, she walked gaily to the boys.

Jonghyun's mouth fell open. "I've never seen Hana have to actually FIX a smile on her face before approaching Kyung Jae."

Chanyeol surprised him by saying, "She's doing it a lot today." His voice was laced with a tinge of anxiousness.

Despite the unfamiliarity between the two men, they stared after Hana, equally perplexed and equally worried.