five.

Having You

-ring ring ring-

"Hello? Ah, Yoochun oppa. Yes, I'm doing fine. Right now? Um...No, I'm not. Not really. What is it? Alright, I'll be there in a few minutes," I hung up and sighed. 

In truth,  I was occupied with composing lyrics. I had thought today would be just me, a paper, and a penno disturbances from anyone, not even manager oppa or the company. I only lied to Yoochun because his tone of voice from the other line sounded...unusual. Well, aside from Jaejoong, for some reason the rest of the members sounded different these days.

"Going somewhere? I thought it was RiIn day today," Ara enters my room with a basket of clean and folded clothes.

"Yoochun wants to see me. He sounded weird," I stretched. "I'm lazy. Maybe I should just tell everyone the dates to RiIn day so they wouldn't bother me on those days."

"How strange. Why does he need to see you? Since when did Yoochun even have time to see anyone, if anything, he's lazier than you so stuff like this wouldn't even exist on his routine list."

"Is that so? Then maybe he needs to talk to me about something important. Ugh, then I have to go after all!"

 

 

 

 

"Hyung...can I ask you something?" I approached the older member who was occupied with organizing his itunes on the laptop. "Jaejoong hyung."

"Huh? What?" He replied, almost sounding like he was annoyed. "No, you are not using my underwear. You make it stretch with that of yours and then it'll be too big for me."

I frowned, a bit offended by his insult of my .

"Your underwear is too small, I can't fit it anyway!" I defended. "That's not what I was going to ask."

"Hm? Then what is it?" He asks again, uninterested.

"...You...What...Uh--"

"Just say it."

"RiIn," I breathed and caught myself too late. What was I saying?

"What?" He turned, his attention fully casted on me now. "No, I'm not doing you another favor."

"No, that's not it...Um. Hyung, what's...what is your...relationship with RiIn?" My voice faded as I ended the question that ridiculously tried to come from my mouth.

I sat there beside him having a staring contest of some sort. He looked back at me with empty eyes that seemed to mock me. I tried looking anywhere else, breaking eye contact. 

"I admire her. She teaches me everything about music, and I teach her how to compose. Co-workers helping each other out, singers who have the same interest. Why do you ask?" He sighed and leaned back so his back was against the couch.

I gazed at his side profile for a few seconds before looking towards the turned off television. Even if what he says is true, I found it hard to believe any of it. There was got to be more what he just told me. I know what I saw yesterday. 

"Just curious. You...you never interact with females other than BoA. So...yeah," I gulped. Why was it difficult to make a simple excuse?

"Can I ask you something then?" I sat upright, surprised by his sudden request.

"Yeah...sure."

"Why are you dating Taeyeon?" 

I stopped. Was Kim Jaejoong always straight-forward and honest? Why is he asking me this? Why did he need to know the reason?

"Junsu," he interrupts my train of thoughts.

I felt myself tensing up, "I...I like her. Why hyung?"

"Just curious," he mimicked. "I am her duet partner for the project after all, for someone being her boyfriend, it seems you are not even bother by it."

"What--"

"Ah, it's lunch time. Better start cooking," he sighed and got up, ignoring what I was about to say.

 

 

 

 

"You look like you just woke up," Yoochun laughed once he saw me and ruffled my hair only to make "the morning look" look worse.

"I dragged myself here, mind you. Be thankful!" I pouted. "You wanted to see me?"

"RiIn, you're such a mood killer. Getting straight to the point, let's go get ice cream first!" He grabbed my wrist and dragged me to the ice cream shop he recently opened. "It's closed today--for customers and fans anyway--but since I need to talk to you, it's open for both of us! Isn't that great?" He said cheerfully.

I giggled, "Someone's overly happy today."

"You've never been to my shop, so I'm excited for you to taste the different flavors. Come on! Yoohwan! You here?"

"What the...sir, do you not see the sign on the door? It says clo--oh hyung. And...no way, you got a girlfriend?!" 

I stood back in shock and held my hands up in defense, "No! You're mistaken, Yoohwan-sshi, we're not in a relationship!"

Yoochun charged towards his younger brother and held him by the head, "Watch what you're saying! How embarrassing!"

"Oppa, you're hurting him," I held his left arm and attempted to take it off his brother's head.

"Aish. I'm sorry, RiIn. He doesn't think before he speaks," he scratched his head and turned back to Yoohwan. "Idiot! Are you blind? This is RiIn, Jang RiIn! You useless fan boy!"

"Huh? Wait, what? RiIn?" He eyed me up and down and I felt myself retreating. "Oh my god. THE Jang RiIn? Oh my god, I'm so sorry!"

I smiled uncomfortably as he kept bowing and apologizing. It felt...different to know I had a fan boy--especially when it's a close friend's younger brother.

"Quit bowing, she gets it. Go get us ice cream. Chocolate and vanilla, put it in a cup," Yoochun pushed his brother away and guided me towards one of the tables.

"How'd you know my favorite flavor?"

"Oh you know...google," he hesitated. 

"You search me up?" I asked in disbelief. Knowing something like that felt...creepy.

"I don't! I mean I do, for news and such—not as a hobby though! Don't get me wrong. It was kind of common sense? I mean your fans are called Chocolates right?  And when you came with the group for the Asia tour, you always bought chocolate so, so"

"Oppa, you're rambling," I chuckled. "Common sense huh?"

He looks at me for a few seconds before rubbing his forehead, annoyed with himself.

"Honestly? He never stopped mentioning it," he mumbled inaudibly.

"Pardon?"

"Ah nothing. Yeah, common sense. I swear, cross my heart," he held a hand up.

"One chocolate and vanilla," Yoohwan approaches our table. 

"Thank you."

"You're welcome! Um, RiIn-sshi, if it's not too much to ask—"

"Yeah yeah, she'll give you her autograph later and a picture with you, now go away, I'm having a private conversation with her," Yoochun bluntly interrupts him and shoo-ed him away, causing Yoohwan to glare at the eldest before dismissing himself.

"So why did you want to see me?" I asked as I scooped a spoonful of the ice cream and placing it into my mouth.

He coughed and his cheery expression suddenly turned dead serious. This is what the company called the demonic Mickey expression, since this is what he usually wore instead of the happy and cheery kind most fans saw.

"How long has it been?"

I stopped chewing and swallowed. So this is what it was about.

"Seven," I replied calmly, focusing my attention to the ice cream. If I were to look at his face now, I don't think I'll be able to take his expression.

"That long already." It wasn't a question. "I'm glad you're coping."

"Yeah..."

I didn't know why he suddenly asked me this, or talk about the subject for that matter. Either way, even if I had told myself that I was alright and moved on, my heart still tells me otherwise.

"Seeing that you've been promoting in China after what had happened with both of you these past few months, you haven't heard much of the news here that happened between that time frame."

I managed to look up slowly, confused at where he was getting at.

"But I took it you heard something or have been told by one of the staff members there or your manager of what happened right?"

I frowned, clueless to that what he talking about. Told what by the staff? Manager oppa? Was he supposed to tell me something?

Yoochun continued to look at me with the deadly expression, until he realized that I hadn't answered—or maybe my confused expression gave it away.

"RiIn...you don't know?" He asks, leaning towards me.

"Know? About what?"

His stern expression was scaring me. What is he trying to say?

"Unbelievable," he muttered. "So you really don't know."

I remained silent and started ignoring the ice cream that was starting to melt. It didn't matter, all I was concerned about was what he was talking about. What do I not know?

"I want you to listen to what I have to say, don't pass out on me okay?" He held one of my hands tightly and tried to make what he said sound like he was trying to pull off a joke.

"Oppa, you're making me nervous, what is it?" I laughed nervously.

He sighed and closed his eyes, then he whispered,

 

 

"Junsu and Taeyeon are dating. Today marks their second month."

____________________________

Clarification: I made Junsu a jerk for not only losing her,
but also making the same date he started going out with Tae
the same as the date of the break up (for example, if he broke
up with her on January 9th, he went out with Tae June 9th, same 
number, different month). Does it make sense?

And yes, as you read, RiIn did not know they were dating.
Everything will be explained next chapter as to why
she doesn't and/or why she never noticed. As to why
Yoochun told her will be explained next chapter as well.

Thank you for reading!