one.

Having You

 

"Jang RiIn."

My eyes opened and stared at the figure leaning on the doorway through the mirror. I chuckled when I realized he wore the expression that I noticed many times before. He was displeased.

"Kim Jaejoong," I mimicked. "Watching me play with an expression like that is sort of insulting," I stated jokingly as he approached me from the entrance.

"Crying yourself in one corner and not approaching me is insulting. Am I not good enough to be your shoulder?"

I felt my smile drop in an instant. Though I loved that he was honest, sometimes, I wish he could hold back on what he was feeling and find an appropriate timing before shooting it right at my face.

"I didn't cry, oppa. Calm down," I took his hand and made him sit on the piano seat. "Since when were you not good enough? You're more than enough, Jaejoong."

He sighed heavily as he took my hands, "Not in front of him, I bet."

"It was bound to get to this point. Who told you?" I observed as he his thumb over my hand.

"No one. He naturally shows his emotions to everyone without him knowing. We knew before he could have said a word," he pauses. "It must have hurt...a lot."

I managed to laugh bitterly, "It's fated this way, isn't it? We knew from the beginning but we still became a couple behind the company's back—“

"But you didn't expect it to end so soon, right?" He interrupts as I closed my lips to stay silent. "Jang RiIn, Kim Jaejoong's best friend, the most stubborn girl he has ever met," he unexpectedly—and suddenly—announces to the piano room, causing me to jump a little.

With my hands still in his, and his gaze towards the ceiling he whispers, "Cry Rinnie. If it hurts, cry. Stop bottling up your feelings inside.  That's not going to help."

"Why?" I mumbled. "I don't want to cry. Why are you forcing me?"

I felt his hands slip away from mine as I looked up towards his face. 

"Because—I want to see my delicate angel's beautiful smile. I'm sick of seeing your happy mask, RiIn. There's no glow to it," he chuckles. "You're crying, pabo," I felt his thumbs brush my cheeks and more tears had suddenly welled up in my eyes.

"Oppa, you’re always teasing me,” I choked. He gave me his comforting smile before pulling me into a hug. For some reason it made me cry harder.

“I’m sure, he’s feeling the same way. I’m sure of it,” he mumbled inaudibly, my sobs overlapping his voice.

 

 

6 Months Later

 

“RiIn, you’re on in five.”

I nodded in response to the staff member and checked myself in the mirror one last time before heading to the stage. I raised a brow amusingly when I realized Jaejoong’s taste in fashion changed. This white dress was not all that bad—at lease better than the ones the stylists provide me.

-knock knock-

“Come in,” I responded, turning towards the door. “Jae…joong?”

“Hm? Oh! I was right! That dress does look good on you. That does it, I’m going to talk to the stylists and ask permission to replace your entire wardrobe—honestly, the clothes they give you needs to be burned,” he takes my hand and spins me around, taking a better look at my outfit.

I laughed, “Go ahead. Your style has changed; this dress wouldn’t be your taste. New inspiration perhaps?”

I came to halt once I faced the man before me.

“Jae?” I waved my hand in front of his face, his serious expression suddenly catching me. “What’s wrong?”

“Besides the fact that I wanted to see how you looked in the dress,” he pauses. “I came to tell you Ju—“

“RiIn! What are you doing? You’re next! I’m sorry Jaejoong-sshi, I have to take her away from you now, do enjoy the show!” My manager grabs my hands and dragged me out of the dressing room.

I smiled apologetically towards him and mouthed that I will talk to him later.

“Jia You!” He hollers before disappearing somewhere backstage.

I wonder what he was going to say?

_____________________________

Italics = Flashback

Instead of three months, I changed it to six months.
I think it will be better this way.
Thanks for reading!