two.

Having You

"So how are you? Everything good with unnie?" I called from my living room, unmindful of the drama I was watching. "I heard you snuck into her apartment last night," I teased.

A loud crash of broken glass caused me to look back towards the kitchen from my couch.

"W-What? Yah, where do you hear these things, RiIn," he grumbled, a faint sound of a swear word could be heard. 

"People."                                                              

"Ones who have no source. Aish, here, stuff yourself with this," he approached the living room, handing me a large bowl of mashed potatoes he cooked. "Gossip was never your interest."

"Ish not," I pointed at him with the spoon. "I jush oberheard from the pwactice room. I ashked shwo I could confirm."

He laughed, "Don't talk with your mouth full, pabo. And there was no sneaking in, we simply met at the underground parking lot of her apartment," he stated, crossing his arms over his chest.

I swallowed, "So you did sneak in, just not in her room. Same difference, oppa. By the way these are really good."

"Yeah, okay, whatever. Kim Jaejoong's cooking never fails to impress his angel, of course it's good!"

"My chef cooks well," I praised. "Oh yeah, I remembered something. Last night, what were you going to say? You got cut off by manager oppa and you left early after the performance."

I took a big spoonful and shoved it into my mouth as I observed his expression suddenly turning serious.

“Ah, that—it’s nothing. Just forget about it,” he waved me off. “It wasn’t important anyway.”

“But we’re on the topic already so just say it. It won’t matter,” I convinced.

“That’s because you diverted it to this topic,” he pauses. “But really RiIn, it doesn’t—“

“Say it,” I demanded, pointing him with the spoon again. “Or else…”

“Or else what?” He challenged.

I smirked, “I’ll tell unnie your little incident when you were watching her perform that y performance of hers last month.”

He gasped, throwing a pillow towards me, “ert! You’re not fair, RiIn! Using that just so you could force me to say something that you probably wouldn’t care about!”

I laughed, putting the bowl on the table, “Okay, okay. Fine. If it’s really  not that important, then I’ll throw it over my shoulder. You never hide secrets from me anyway.”

He groaned, burying his face into his hands. I chuckled inwardly—I got him.

“The dress…” He began. “The one you wore last night—you said it seemed like I changed my fashion sense right? That’s because—“

“Junsu was the one who bought it, and he told you to give it to me and wanted me to wear it last night, right?” I interrupted.

He gawked at me, his eyes bulging out of his eye sockets from surprise.

“You…You know?”

I grabbed a couch pillow and hugged it, “I saw him. He was in the audience. I already had suspicions of the dress the minute I spotted him from the stage. Changmin oppa was the one who confirmed it—he said he was with him when he bought it in Japan.”

“RiIn I—“

“The thing that’s bothering me is…why was he there last night?” I mumbled, playing with the loose strings from the edge of the pillow I was hugging.

He sat there in silence, obvious that he couldn’t find the right words to say to me. But this silence only made me more irritated—it made my question more difficult to answer. I sighed heavily.

“So, what movie do you want to watch? Your pick,” I said cheerfully, hoping to break the uncomfortable silence.

“Woah, that’s new. I never was allowed to pick the movie when it came to watching one with you,” he hit my head with the remote control gently, playing along with my cheerful act.

“Well, I’m giving you a chance now, so pick. I’ll go get some blankets.”

And I continued to play along too.

 

 

 

“Where’s Jaejoong hyung?”

“Huh? Yah, don’t take advantage of the enemy, Changmin!”

“Hyung?”

“I don’t know, Junsu. He’s somewhere—yah, don’t shoot, don’t shoot!”

I rolled my eyes at our so-called leader and at the youngest who were playing video games and made my to the kitchen, hoping to get something to refresh my mind.

Ever since I unconsciously started dating Taeyeon a month ago, Jaejoong hyung’s presence at our apartment was—little by little—disappearing. In other words, he was barely home with us anymore.

What’s more, his “boyfriend” doesn’t seem to care where he’s at or what’s he doing unless it was about work.

“He’s on a date,” Yoochun suddenly speaks, his eyes focused on the laptop.

“With BoA?”

“No, with RiIn.”

 

I choked on my water.

 

What?