Final

I miss you, why do you have to leave?

 

Cindy’s POV:

I looked at the picture beside my bed. I picked it up.

The first and last picture of us as a couple

I looked at every detail: the orange sky behind us, our smiles, the whiteness of the clothes we wore, how the denim jacket he was wearing matched his white shirt.

And most of all, his face.

His perfect face. His eyes, nose, his mouth that is just so perfect when he smiles. I’ve never seen him like that compared to our picture. And also, his soft-to-the-touch brown hair.

Tears start to stream down my face. Why does he have to leave me?

And then I remembered back when I was young. My family moved to the community where he is. I was new to the place and I’m not familiar of it so I stayed in my house.

That was when I heard a knock.

My mom asked me to open it so I did so.

And it was him.

He asked me if I was the new kid in the community and I nodded. So he greeted me welcome before giving me 3 cookie lollipops. I delightedly accepted it and thanked him. But apparently, someone called him so he had to run back to his place.

His name is Kris. He is the son of the sweetshop’s owner at the corner of the street.

And That was how we met. I even remembered how delicious those cookies were.

A few weeks after, I started school in there. I was  just alone looking at how the birds fly when a bunch of boys approached me. They came there to bully me and get whatever they want by physically hurting me. My clothes became soiled because of it. And then I started to cry.

But someone came and stopped them.

“Sorry Captain.” They said before leaving. He was the leader of his class. He saw me crying so he knelt over and gave me a hankerchief. I wiped the soil and my tears with it. It smelled like candies. He must’ve kept candies in his pocket, which was true when he handed me out a lollipop from it. I said thanks and ate the sweet treat. He then saw the wounds and bruises I got from the bullying so he brought me to the clinic.

He accompanied me as the nurse tends to my wounds. We talked to each other and laughed about how he will tell everything to the teacher and his classmates will be forced to stand at the back of the room. And then we introduced to each other.

“By the way, I’m Kris, Kris Wu.” He reached out his hand to me.

“I’m Cindy, Dai Cindy.” I replied, colliding my hands with his before he left.

---

Years passed and we became close friends. We had a lot of happy times together. He would sometimes drop by and visit me at home. We even walk home together from school, or bring me to his basketball trainings and competitions wherein I would proudly cheer him and his team. There are even instances that he would bring me to the court and guide me to shoot the ball in the net. And also, he always brings me those sweets and all those tasty food they sell at the sweetshop. We basically grew up together.

And then he invited me to the park.

My parents bought me a DSLR camera because I like taking pictures of everything: the sweets Kris give me, school events, Kris playing basketball and some of our special moments together. I brought the camera to the park.

Kris and I enjoyed the day in the park. We had a lot of pictures together and I kept on looking at it, making me miss him more as I look at every picture. I don’t know why he has to be the one who faces this.

Sunset was nearing so we walked to a nice place where we can see it. I was eating some ice cream and he asked for some. I for not buying too. It went on and on until I gave up and shared him the cold treat.

We found a bench. We sat there and that was how my life changed. Kris rested his arm on me.

“The sunset is beautiful right?” He asked. I said yes. "Like you." I'm pretty sure he was plainly teasing  me and I laughed at what he just said. But he went serious. 

“Do you want to know why I brought you here today?” He added. I looked him into the eye

“Why?” I asked.

“Because I love you.” Those words blurted out from his mouth. I was shocked. I lost my words all of a sudden. How can my best friend say this?

“I love you Cindy.” He repeated.

“Kris...” I said his name softly. Tears start to well up my eyes. I don't know when it has started but I also developed feelings for him somehow. We've been together for years and in all of my friends he has been the closest, kindest and sweetest. Then he looked at me.

“Yes Cindy?”  He asked.

“I love you too...” I softly said. I started to cry. He wiped my tears. I can’t believe this is happening. My best friend loves me and I also feel the same thing. He then hugged me before pulling in for a kiss. My first kiss.

He pulled away and knelt in front of me, pulling out not sweets, but a velvety box. He opened it to reveal a ring. I cried.

“Baby don’t cry...” He said as he sees me. “I don't want asking you this as you do so." I calmed a bit. "Will you be my girlfriend?”

I nodded again and again. “Yes... YES!” I started saying it softly before making it loud, like the cheers I give him in his basketball match. He smiled and put the ring on my finger.

“I love you.” I said.

“I love you more.” He answered before we hugged each other tightly. I wish we didn’t let go of each other so that he didn’t leave me. We took a picture together as a couple afterwards before going home. And that was the picture that is standing all the time on the side table beside my bed.

As we walked home, his arm was around me. When we crossed this road, a car lost its control and failed to stop as it neared us. Kris pushed me to the side of the road before running for his life. But it was late. He was hit by the car.

“KRIS!” I screamed as I run to him. The car skidded and hit a tree. Kris was bleeding heavily, his head hit the road hard.

“Cindy...” He reached his somehow bloodied hand to touch my face. I put him on my lap, being covered by the blood as well. I started to cry.

“Kris you will get better!” I scowled. He is panting, blood coming out from his mouth.

“Kris! No! No!” I panicked. “The ambulance is coming and-“

“Don’t cry...” He softly said, wiping the tears leaking out from my eyes, some of his blood spreading across my face. I cried more.

“Krissss...” I wailed. The ambulance came. He looked at it before looking back at me.

“I don’t want my Cindy crying...” He said. “Just remember that I love you so much Dai Cindy.” He tried to lift his head, although it’s hard for him. So I leaned and kissed his lips. When we pulled away, he then looked at me in the eyes.

“I love you.” And then he lost his consciousness. I cried so hard. No! Kris can’t die! He can’t just leave me alone. The paramedics took him. They said he was still breathing so they brought him to the hospital.

While in the ambulance, Kris was lying peacefully on the bed while being supported by an oxygen tank.

“Kris, don’t leave me...” I held his hand and cried on it. I clutched it tightly and looked at him. He was crying in his sleep. I cried more and kissed his hand. I didn’t want him to die, and maybe be doesn’t want to leave too.

We arrived at the hospital and he was quickly rushed to the emergency room. I waited outside at the door of the room, helplessly walking back and forth, eyes puffed up from crying. My best friend just became my boyfriend and now he is about to be taken away.

Kris’s parents along with my parents arrived at the hospital. They ran to me and hugged me. They asked if I was ok, but the words coming from my mouth are just concerns about Kris. I want to think of him first before me. I don’t want them to mind me for now but my best friend. Kris’s mom also started to cry. We all prayed that he will be okay.

His parents had been close to me. From the time me and Kris had been really close to each other, he introduced me to them. They are so kind. They treated me as their child too. No wonder why he had the pleasing personality. We then waited for hours outside while Mr. Wu was comforting his wife and my parents are hugging me. Then the doctor went outside the room. We ran to him.

“I’m sorry. We can’t revive him. He lost a lot of blood and the impact was strong. We lost him” 

My heart shattered into pieces. I can hear his mom say no again and again.

“NO! HE CAN’T DIE! YOU CAN STILL BRING HIM BACK RIGHT?” I scowled. The doctor looked down and shook his head.

“NO! KRIS CAN’T BE DEAD!” I lost my mind as I start breaking down with his mother crying her heart out repeatedly saying that Kris cannot die and he is not dead.

“KRIS IS ALIVE! I LOVE HIM! HE CAN’T LEAVE ME!” I threw myself on the floor while crying. When he was brought out, I didn’t mind seeing him under the blanket. I don’t want to see his cold and lifeless body under it.

“It’s my fault...” I repeatedly said.

“Cindy...” My mom tried to comfort me. I cried on her.

“If only I wasn’t there, he would save himself!”

“Kris loves you.” His mother started to talk after her crying. “I didn’t expect that he will let himself be hit by the car instead so that you will be here. Kris... kept on sharing stories about you everyday...” Those words are deeply moving me.

“And now I’ll be missing it.” She started to cry again, being comforted by her husband who was trying his best to be strong in the situation although it was so hard. And I blamed myself more of his death.

The next day, I stared blankly. I’m still shocked by what happened. Kris lost his life in front of me. By the thought of it, I cry. I haven’t eaten anything at that time. My parents decided to give me just a bit more time. I don’t even feel ready at all to go to his funeral.

I headed off that night, the ring on my finger. There were many people in there: his friends, teachers and all. I entered the place where I was approached by his mother. She went near me and hugged me tightly in grief. And then she led me to the wooden casket. I know it must’ve hurt for her to lose her son so suddenly and to bring me to where he is lying. So I looked at it, Kris.

I started to cry again, still not accepting he is gone. His appearance, he looks like he is just sleeping. He looks so perfect with his eyes, nose and lips only if he is still alive. His eyes, I would never see it as opened again. Why him? Why not me? I stared at him for a while, those memories we had flashed back, making me not ready to say goodbye to him.

And then I sat on the front seat of the place, still dazed and in shock.

The days passed. I met more people and knew stories from them. Most of them knew me as Kris’s best friend, or most likely from his colleagues, his girlfriend. Those memories from him were shared among us.

The services started. I saw his family and how they were deeply in agony as they shared something about him or dedicated to him. And then it was my turn. I went near the lectern and took a deep breath as I think of everything that I would share before words come out from my mouth. Tears are falling from my eyes again. And then I told the people who were there how thankful I was of him before sharing stories about us becoming friends until he asked me to be his girlfriend right before he died. Some were a bit shocked with what I said, they never heard it from Kris. It was too late. I continued telling stories until I couldn’t help but let out my feelings that were so strong his mom brought me back to the seat to agonize with me. More stories were then told by others and all of the people in there just felt how special Kris is.

A few more days had passed and he was about to be buried. And I would never see him again after this. After all, when he died, I think I am not seeing him anymore. It was just the lifeless body lying inside the wooden box that I have been looking at on the past sleepless nights that was about to be brought out of the place by now.

The mass was started before he was buried and then the casket was brought into the pit. Everyone dropped the roses they were holding. As he was getting buried, we all went to his mother to hold on to her in case she collapses as she breaks down. He will be gone forever.

Afterwards, I went home. I felt the nothingness of me. If only he would go back to life again, or he would wake up after a kiss...

 

 

KRIS GO BACK TO YOUR LIFE!

I still went on like this up until now. I’m not fully recovering. I don’t even know how much I ate right now. I feel so dead like as if I died with him.

With Kris Wu, my best friend, boyfriend, everything.

Kris, if only you would know; if only you can see me, feel me right now. I want you to know that I love you so much and I miss you.

 

~Fin~

---

Finally! I posted this! Ugh what happened to me I kept on failing to post T.T I'm sorry for being a bother.

And I'M REALLY REALLY REALLY SORRY FOR THE PLOT. TT_TT I don't even know if writing this was a good idea. I was listening to In Heaven, Quasimodo and Life while writing this. 

Anyway, how was it? TT_TT-->I like this emoticon orz 

To be honest, this has an alternate ending. I just dunno if I should post it here or not, what do you think? Should I or should I not? I also.... made.... Kris's POV ._. 

This was supposed to be the first one that I'll be uploading, but the story's sad so I find it awkward to have a sad story as the first one to post...

And I have another sad fic, but it's about Boyfriend... I dunno if I should post it or not.

OMG I TALK TOO MUCH. WHY AM I LIKE THIS.

Ok... so that's all?

Thanks for reading it ^^ 

Ppyong! -waves-

edit 130830 : just some correcting haha