43 /// YOU ALREADY KNEW

A very small degree of HOPE is sufficient to cause the birth of LOVE.
"Aiiissshhh, who could that be, knocking on my door so darn early in the morning?" you said as you turned your head on the pillow.
 
Your eyes could barely open as you looked at the clock by your bedside table, "9:00 am," it read.
 
A slight widen to your eyes, "Huh?" you said, staring at the door, "You must be kidding me, right?" you continued, rubbing your eyes slightly.
 
- - -
 
Wanting to ignore it, you pulled the duvet over your head, hoping that it was just a dream and the knocking would stop. 
 
Unfortunately, it didn't.
 
"TaeAh-shi!" said a familiar female voice from the other side of the door. 
 
Unwilling to wake up, still underneath your covers, "Not now, go away," you replied.
 
The knocking sounds grew even louder as if someone was trying to bang the door down instead.
 
"Park TaeAh-shi, open this door now!" the voice said.
 
"Arrgghhh. Go away," you replied.
 
"Open up! It's me, Yoora!" the voice continued, "I've got something to tell you! It's urgent!"
 
"Huh?" you said as your eyes widens up immediately.
 
"What is she doing here so early in the morning?" you thought as you got up from your bed and headed towards the door.
 
- - -
 
"What is it, Yoora-shi?" you said as you turned the door knob and pulled the door open.
 
A gust of wind swept by as you felt a powerful push on your shoulders towards the direction of your bed.
 
"Sit," she said, grinning like a little kid.
 
'"Huh?" you said as you stared at her in shocked, as she pushed you down to sit.
 
"I've got something to tell you!" she continued excitedly as she sat beside you.
 
You looked at her, very much confused at her hyper mood.
 
"What is wrong with her?" you thought as you some of your hair back.
 
"Oh my god, oh my god," were the words that you could hear her say.
 
"You've got to hear what I've got to say..." she said.
 
Interrupting her words, "Wait... Before you go on any further, how did you get to my room? Is my mom up already?" you asked.
 
"Yes, yes. She is and she kindly allowed me to bang down the door to wake you up," she replied sarcastically.
 
"Yeah, right," you said as you rolled your eyes at her.
 
"Oh, and she and your dad left for the market and work respectively," she said.
 
You nodded in sign that you understood.
 
You smacked both of your cheeks, making sure that you're fully awake, "Ok, tell me what you have to tell me now," you said finally.
 
"I can't believe it!" she replied as she excitedly jumped up and down on her seat.
 
You looked at her, dumbfounded, "What is it?" you asked, eyes trailing her every movement.
 
"He called me! I can't believe that he called me," she replied, enthusiatically.
 
She just didn't stop moving, jumping up and down from her seat.
 
Slightly annoyed, you pulled both of her hands and held them firm in yours, securing her down.
 
You stared at her, "Could you just tell me what is going on? And, who called you? Who is this person that's turning you into this crazy, hyper state?" you said.
 
She looked at you and smiled sheepishly, "You wouldn't believe this," she said.
 
You waited as she cleared , "Haewon called me a few days ago," she added.
 
You smiled, "That's something I'm not surprised about," you thought at the sudden recollection of the incident between you and Haewon a few days ago.
 
Pretending to be interested and at the same time, pretending to be annoyed, you nudged her slightly on her stomach.
 
"Ouch!" she shrieked, "What was that about?" she asked as she rubbed her stomach lightly.
 
"How could you keep this away from me? Why didn't you tell me earlier?" you replied, pretenance of annoyance.
 
She chuckled and grinned, "I was too excited that... I forgot," she said.
 
"Excited much, huh? Fine," you said as you folded your arms, in disappointment.
 
You pretended to look away from her, "See what you've got to comfort me about this," you thought to yourself.
 
You felt her placing her hand on your shoulders, trying to turn you around to face. 
 
"TaeAh-shi, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to forget about you. It's just that him calling me, was just... surprising for me," she said, truing to comfort you.
 
You budged for a few seconds before finally, giving in to her persistant callings.
 
"He called you. So, what did he say to you?" you asked as you reached out for a comb by your bedside table.
 
You slowly combed your hair through, "Guess what? Haewon asked me out," she said, grinning.
 
You stood up and stared at her in happiness, "You serious?" you said.
 
She smiled and nodded her head.
 
Excited, you threw your comb towards the bed, sat back on your seat as you quickly wrapped your arms around her and hugged, "I'm so happy for you, Yoora-shi," you said in her ears.
 
"Haewon-shi, thank you so much for doing this," you thought to yourself as you tighten the hug.
 
You could felt her head resting on your shoulder as she said, "I've never been so happy in my life before, TaeAh-shi." 
 
"So, what else did he say to you?" you asked as you pulled away from her, some of her hair back behind her ears.
 
"He taking me out for dinner this weekend and I've got nothing good to wear for it," she replied as she stared at you, "Would you do the honour of accompanying me to go shopping for a new outfit today?" she continued as she winked at you.
 
You smiled at her, "I would love to..." you said.
 
An idea struck in your head as you stood up from your seat, "Wait here, I've got something better for you," you continued.
 
"Huh?" you heard her say.
 
You walked towards your wardrobe and pulled out a hanger, holding a garment bag.
 
You turned to look at her as you gestured the item to her, "This is for you. The perfect dress," you added as you placed the dress beside her.
 
"Oh my god, TaeAh-shi. For me?" she said as she pulled down the zipper of the garment bag to reveal the dress inside.
 
"I really hope you liked it, Yoora-shi," you replied upon seeing the delighted look on her face.
 
- - -
 
You looked at the dress. Recollections of the past came back to you as water flows out of the tap. 
 
Th same dress that you wore for the wedding date you had with Haewon. The dress that he paid for, the dress that Mrs. Jung picked out for you.
 
You stared at it and smiled.
 
"It should have been yours from the start, Yoora-shi. You should have been the one to be there for him when he needs you, not me. I hope that you'll be able to forgive me for the hurt that I've unknowingly caused you," you thought to yourself as you stared at her, holding the dress against her body and admiring it in the mirror.
 
"But what would Mrs. Jung think of it? How could you give it to someone else?" a voice in your hed said.
 
"You should tell her the reason why you wanted her to have this dress or else, she'll be at a loss," another voice said.
 
"Fine," you said.
 
- - -
 
Yoora was slightly taken back when you explained to her about how you got the dress in yor possession and how much you would like for her to have it instead. 
 
She had a shocked look on her face that gradually turned into a look of annoyance and finally, a look of happiness.
 
"But TaeAh-shi, it was originally meant for you. I can't take it," she said as she held the dress out towards you.
 
You pushed it away from you and back towards her instead, "Like what I've explained to you before. It's meant to be yours from the start, not mine," you replied.
 
"Please, it's better for you to have it," you continued in your thoughts.
 
- - -
 
"Wear this dress for the date," you said, "Think of it as my gift for you. Besides, you looked gorgeous in it," you continued.
 
"TaeAh-shi," she said as she looked at you, looking teary eyed.
 
She pulled you in for a hug, "Thank you so much, TaeAh-shi. I'll never forget what you've done for me," she continued.
 
"You're the best," she added as you pulled away from her, wiping slight tears away from her cheeks.
 
"There, there. Don't cry," you replied.
 
"You wouldn't want Haewon to see your puffy eyes, right?" you continued, jokingly.