Truthfully

Eating

~Your POV~ 

The not eating so much process went on for days. Days turned into weeks. Weeks turned into months. I never let the house for any reason. Everyday I would go to the bathroom, step on the scale and see how much I lost or gained. I finally looked at myself with a proud face. I lost thirty pounds. I looked amazing. Everyday Kris would text me or call me a few times a day. I told him I was sick and he never texted back. Shortly after him and the guys came over. Oh great! Like I need someone to be over here. 

"Hana?" Tao asked. 

I said nothing and hide under the blanket. I wanted to scream and tell them to leave, but I couldn't. I didn't have the strength to. 

"How are you?" Xiumin asked. 

"Fine," I said. 

"Are you really fine?" Chen asked. 

"Yes, I'm really fine," I said. 

"We brought you some soup," Luhan said. 

"Thanks," I said. 

"Do you need help eating it?" Kris asked. 

"No, I'm not hungry right now," I said. 

"When's the last time you ate?" Lay asked. 

"Yesterday, because I couldn't hold food down," I lied. 

"What did you eat yesterday?"  Tao asked. 

"Some toast and some water," I said. 

"That's not eating," Xiumin said. 

"It is to me," I said. 

"Guys, can step out, so I can talk to her?" Kris asked. 

"Sure thing boss," Chen said as he guided the others out. 

"Hana, I'm really worried about you," he said. 

"I'm fine. I really am," I said. 

"What happened to the girl that would be happy to see me? What happened to the one that would play video games? What happened to the girl that would eat my cooking even though it's terrible? What happened to the girl with the chubby cheeks, and beautiful smile?" he asked. 

"Kris, I'm still here. I'm right here," I said. 

"No, the one I'm looking for is long gone," he said. 

"Kris," I said. 

"Why don't you eat?" he asked. 

"I wanted to be pretty. I wanted to be skinny. I wanted to everything everyone expects me to be and more. I wanted to be someone that would look good when  I'm with you guys. I wanted to be like those girls that hang around you. I wanted to be someone that my parents would approve of. I wanted to be pretty so I could have a boyfriend too. Guys only love skinny girls. Just look at all the couples out there," I said crying. 

"Hana," he said. 

"I just wanted to be someone who my parents are proud of," I choked out. 

He said nothing. 

"I wanted to be the pretty daughter that everyone was jealous of. I wanted the arguments to stop. I wanted the ridicule to stop. I wanted the comparing to stop. I wanted the talking behind my back stop," I said. 

"Hana what are you talking about?" he asked. 

"Do you not hear those people at school? They say things like 'why is she hanging you with them', 'she's not pretty enough to be friends with them' 'they are probably just using her'. Do you not hear that?" I said. 

"No, I don't," he said. 

"Why is it only me that they talk about?" I asked. 

"They jealous of you. You are prettier than any of those girls. You are the prettiest of them all. I would rather hang out with you than those stuck up girls that only want me because of my looks," he said. 

'Kris," I said. 

"Hana, if you don't start eating right, I'll leave you," he said. 

"If you leave me then Lay, Chen, Xiumin, Luhan, and Tao will leave me too," I said. 

"Exactly," he said. 

"Please don't leave me. If you leave me then I have no one. I would have nothing to live for anymore," I said. 

"I'm not going to leave you. I couldn't. Neither could the guys. They love you," he said. 

~Kris's POV~ 

"I'm not going to leave you. I couldn't. Neither could the guys. They love you," I said. 

"Kris," she choked out. 

I hugged her softly because I was afraid that she would break in my arms. I'm afraid that I'll never see her again. I'm afraid that she won't get better. I'm afraid that I'll lose her. I'm terrified if something very bad happened to her. I felt her tears on my shoulder. I rubber up and down her back which was now all bones. How come she never told me this? Why didn't she tell anyone? Why did she face this alone? She had all of us to help her. She had us. I just want to see her happy again. I want her to smile again. 

"Hana, please get help. Please? For me?" I said. 

"If you don't leave me. Please don't leave me," she said. 

"I will never leave you alone. I will never let myself do that. I could never do that to the one I love," I said. 

"Love?" she asked. 

"Yes, I love you," I said. 

"No, I think you've got the wrong person," she said. 

"No, I don't. I really do love you," I said. 

"He really does love you," Tao yelled from the hallway. 

"Shut up Tao or I'll hurt you," I said. 

"Aww don't hurt him," she said. 

She was still crying. I put my hand softly on her cheek and rubbed the tears off with my thumbs. She smiled. I love that smile. I miss that smile. 

"There's that smile," I said. 

"It will never fade way when I'm with you," she said.

"What about us?" Chen yelled. 

"It will never fade way when I'm with any of you guys," she said. 

"Aww, I love you," Luhan said. 

"I love you too," she said. 

"What about me? Do you love me?" Xiumin asked. 

"I love all of you guys," she said. 

After awhile she got better. She gained a little weight, but not much. She was looking great. She was looking healthier. Her parents still get onto her, but at least I'm here for her. I never want to she her like that again. She was scaring me. She was one step away from being broken into a million pieces. She was one step away from never being mine anymore. She was broken. She was wounded. She hates hearing people talk about her or any of us. She hates being compared to people. She hates being told that she wasn't pretty enough or she wasn't skinny enough. She hates people who will leave her. She hates being alone. She hates the silence. She hates seeing her friends sad. She seeing her friends cry. She hates it. 

She loves smiling and laughing even though she hides her smile. She loves playing video games. She loves being silly. She loves being herself. She loves art and music. She loves pretending she's Cinderella waiting for her Prince Charming to save her. She loves penguins. She loves sleeping. She loves being told that she is loved. She loves being playful. She loves strawberry shortcake. She loves her friends and family. She loves being able to see them every day. She loves her phone and ipod.  

I'm lucky enough to watch her smile more and more every day. I'm lucky enough to be in her life. I don't know what I would do if I lost her. I don't know how well I would take it. I don't know if I could even take it. I don't know. I do know that she really means a lot to me. If I lost her then I would lose a special thing that I could never get back.