02: They left you too?

I Challenge Nam Woohyun in a Game of 'CHESS'.

Reluctantly waiting for Woohyun to come out from the school building ever since school ended, you were getting impatient by the minute. You're not really the type of girl to keep that hot temper of yours from bursting. Especially since a lot of pawns had been eyeing and watching you tap your foot on the ground as you kept increasing the speed and sound; getting louder and harder. They started gossiping and some even tried to make you stop, but one killer-look can easily make them scurry away. And just when you were about to give up — you calmed yourself from frustration while law-abiding his every move. "Woohyun-sshi!" you called out.

"Oh look, it's the girl who my finger! Oh joy," he said sarcastically with a wavy gesture while rolling his eyes.

"I'm sorry about that," you apologized while shamely putting a hand on your forehead and shaking your head from left to right.

"What do you want?" he asked, sounding a bit dull as he kept a straight face on. "Or should I say, need?"

"What?!?" you fakely gasped with your voice leveling up into a higher pitch. "Me? Want and need something from you? No no no no! I think it's -"

"Be frank with me baby and just tell me," he bluntly replied with a sigh.

"Are you good with seduction?" you spilled oh-so-quickly just like that. "Wait! Baby!?!?"

Since when did he start calling you baby? And what's up with the sudden poker face? Someone's in a bad mood today~ But boy is he good for making you tell him everything in such minimum of time. Real genuis. But looks like he got his own problem to deal with because the next thing you know, he was serving customers at a mini-restaurant near the school's neighbour hood. Meanwhile, you were waiting for him to finish his work for your benefits. You still need to learn the seductive wink, but you know what's weird? Asking Woohyun for advice when he doesn't look like those y-hot-bad boys that most of the girls in the world want dibs on. 

Sure, his muscular arms make him look manly which makes you certain that he also has abs. Probably more than eight packs? And his genuine and cute smile that he keep giving to his girl-customers to get a higher tip is also a point. The aegyos he also uses to them, but you have never seen before. Well, it makes you re-think the whole not being helpful boy he is. Because with all of his charms, dang! It's decided: He's a chick-magnet!


After texting your parents about having a study session at Sungjong's place and recieving a message with an 'okay' reply — you smiled in victory. But not for long. Waiting for him which felt like eternity, you didn't realize the sleepy feeling lingering inside your head that made you let your guard and defense down as you took a nice nap on the table located in the corner of the restaurant. *Shook* Feeling that someone was shaking your shoulders and fully waking you up from your sleep, you looked up groggily to see Woohyun staring at you. "Wake up! We're closing!" 

Rubbing your eyes then looking at your phone to check the time; it was already 8:00 p.m. 'He works this late..' you thought, not noticing the frown that appeared across your lips. But Woohyun did. He then pulled you up then dragged you out of the restaurant after locking and making sure that the security was up, ready to face some criminals.

He kept dragging you until the both of you arrived at a near stand-by carton. "Two fishballs please?" he asked the the lady while taking his wallet out to pay. But the lady shoved his money away in a polite manner before stating that the cost would be free. Free? Why? Are they related or something that he doesn't need to pay. "No, ahjumma!" Woohyun insisted but the lady shook her head in disapproval. He smiled, "Thanks, but this is the last time."

"Don't worry about it Woohyun dear," the ahjumma stated. "Save the money for your college."

Another smile appeared across his lips, yet it looked bitter somehow. "Who's this young lady?" she suddenly blurted out, out of curiosity while she fried the ball-shaped food which were pierced through by a stick. "Is she girlfriend?"

"Aniyo ahjumma, she's just a friend from school.." Woohyun exclaimed while scratching his head.

You introduced yourself as she handed you a stick that they call fish-balls? Honestly not familiar with the food, you ate it anyways because of the hunger feeling inside your stomach. Fortunately, it was surprisingly delicous. Woohyun noticed the expression on your face as he smiled quietly to himself. "Ahjumma? Can you make five more? I'll pay," you excitedly asked. The lady obeyed then wrapped it inside a plastic bag as you requested before leaving with Woohyun.

"Fatty~" Woohyun snicked while slipping his hands in his pocket. Hearing him say that made you pout.

"It's for my parents too," you admitted as you saw Woohyun's stunned expression with bad vibes suddenly popping out and his foot steps slowly fading. You also stopped walking. Guilt filled over you, but so did memorries. "They left you too, huh?" you said with a dull expression on which made Woohyun come back to reality.

"Too? But didn't you say that you'll give them to your parents?" he questioned.

"Step-Parents," you re-stated.

"Real parents or not, it doesn't matter as long as they'll be with you at all times..." Before you could even reply, he continued. "It's getting pretty late. I'll walk you home.."

You didn't argue and just led the way to your house. Once you arrived there, you thanked Woohyun before heading towards the front door. Reaching for the door knob then twisting it, Woohyun suddenly called you. You spun around to see him give you a quick yet devasting and breath taking wink before taking his leave. Smiling as you made you were inside to only be greeted by your step-sister. "Unnie! You're home!!!!" You giggled while carrying her to the sofa.

"It must he nice to have a family," Woohyun whispered over-hearing the giggles that you shared with you sister before completely disappearing into the darkness of the city.


"How did he do it again?" you asked yourself for the nth time. Practising the wink that Woohyun did in front of the mirror was a complete fail. You just couldn't make yourself look attractive when you do it. "Ughh!! Get it right!!! One eye closed, tilt your head then... FAIL!!!! I need more lessons from him.... hmph! I need to look cute!!! Not make the King look at me then puke!!!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date:{07/05/12}

 MESSEJII: Hi readers/authors. Hope you guys liked this chapter! sorry for not updating, my internet was down.. hehe! ignore my mistakes because i don't check over my work and i'm using an ipad. hard typing thing. xPPP stay tuned for the next chapter. Subscribe, Comment and Add me as a friend if you like. annyeong~

xoxo ♥ boy1a4 .out.