Renewal

Intoxication

"That's enough, Jaejoong-sshi." The bartender, a close acquaintance of Jaejoong, orders as he wrestles the tipsy's man drink away from him. 

Jaejoong's hand shoots out and he waves it around drunkenly. "Give it back," he slurs.

The bartender doesn't budge. "Come with me, I'll call you a taxi."

"I'm not drunk," Jaejoong counters. 

The bartender sighs and hooks his arm around Jaejoong's. "Let's go, little guy."

Jaejoong sways and trips over the base of a chair. He giggles lightly and straightens his body. "Stupid chair."

The bartender merely shakes his head at Jaejoong's antics and leads him outside. 

"Traitor," Jaejoong sniffs as his friend throws him into the taxi. 

"Pay me for the drinks later, you ." He slams the door shut and walks back into the bar.

"Where to, sir?" The taxi driver is quite flustered at the thought of having Asia's number one star, the very man his daughter worships, drunken and intoxicated in the back of his car.

Jaejoong's mind is hazy and he mumbles the address of his old apartment, the one he lived in pre-lawsuit.

The residence Yunho and Changmin are currently residing in.

They ride in silence for a five minutes before the taxi driver halts the car. "We're here, sir."

Jaejoong pays the driver and stumbles into the complex's elevator. Once at the door to his desired destination, he fumbles in his pocket for his keys.

His hands shake as he tries to insert the key into the hole, but to no avail. Impatient, he decides to ring the doorbell incessantly and pound on the door.

"Yah, it's me," he shouts. There is no reply for a good three minutes or so. Finally, the door opens and an exasperated and exhausted Yunho sticks his head out.

"What the fu-" Yunho stops and widens his eyes as his brain registers the fact the man he's been despising and longing for the past two years is right in front of him.

"The hell Yunnie, took you long enough." Jaejoong pushes past and walks into the apartment, his steps unstable.

"What are you-" Yunho is cut off by Jaejoong, roaming around the hallways.

"What the hell," Jaejoong whines. "Everyone slept without me? Even Yoochun? He always sleeps so late."

"You're drunk." Yunho states the obvious with an eyebrow cocked.

Jaejoong merely giggles, hiding his smile behind a scrawny hand.

"How much did you drink?"

"Not that much," Jaejoong laughs, turning in circles with his arms stretched out before collapsing in a dizzy heap on the couch.

"Did you drive home?" Yunho can't help but be worried for Jaejoong, animosity aside.

"No, HyunJin put me in a taxi."

Yunho doesn't say anything after that, conflicted between kicking Jaejoong out or waiting until the man becomes sober again.

"Yunho-ah," Jaejoong drawls. "I love you."

"Yeah, well, I don't."

Jaejoong pretends like he doesn't hear Yunho's harsh comments and skips off the the kitchen in search of water to soothe his parched throat. Yunho follows him, fed up with seeing Jaejoong so happy.

I want you to suffer, to trudge through life like me.

"Get out, Jaejoong."

The suprised man stares at Yunho before breaking into laughter. 

"Stop joking around, oppa."

Yunho face remains stoic. "This isn't your house anymore, nor is it Junsu or Yoochun's. You aren't in DBSK anymore, and if you continue creating this kind of ruckus you're going to wake Changmin up."

Yunho's words sobers Jaejoong up abruptly and he jerks back to reality. The glass he holds slips from his grasp and crashes to the floor. He silently bends down to pick up the shattered fragments and one way or another, manages to slit his wrist with a shard of glass.

Yunho softens upon seeing Jaejoong's blood and swiftly takes Jaejoong's injured wrist in his hands. 

"Don't move," he commands softly. 

Jaejoong jerks his arm away and turns his head to the right to prevent Yunho from seeing the tears that are threatening to spill over. 

"It's okay Yunho-sshi, it's just a cut. I'm sorry for coming this time of the night and disturbing you, I was so intoxicated and I don't know what to-" Jaejoong rambles and Yunho silences him by roughly grabbing Jaejoong's waist and kissing him.

Jaejoong breaks the kiss, gasping for air and searching for answers in Yunho's eyes.

"There you go again, blaming yourself for everything," Yunho murmurs softly.

Jaejoong shakes his head, confused at Yunho's sudden personality change. He grabs a paper towel and wraps it around the gash on his wrist before attending to the broken glass on the floor.

The towel quickly becomes soaked with Jaejoong's blood and Yunho becomes alarmed. He grabs the first aid kit and begins tending to Jaejoong's wound, despite the older man's resistance.

After Yunho finishes, Jaejoong sweeps up the last of the glass fragments on the ground and silently begins to walk out the door before being pulled back by Yunho.

"I, um, missed you," Yunho mutters.

Jaejoong nods. "Me too." He turns his back to Yunho and has his hand on the doorknob before a hand reaches out and grabs his again.

Yunho slips a piece of paper into Jaejoong's hand. 

"Call me?"

The beginnings of a smile appear on Jaejoong's forlorn face as he nods. He walks out the door, his steps and heart light.

He clutches the scrap of paper, a lifeline of hope and new beginnings.