The Piano Room

Every Breath We've Ever Taken

"Well," Jonghyun started. "Where do you want me to start?"

"Hm.." I thought it over. "When did you first start liking me?"

He chuckled, "Okay. When you first became a trainee, I had thought you were very pretty--right from the start."

"Jinja?"

Jonghyun nodded. "But I kept it quiet, of course." He winked. "I didn't say anything until three years later, the night you were about to debut on Music Bank."

"Music Bank?"

"Dae, you came to me just before the performance." He sighed. "I found you in your dressing room, huddled on the couch just crying. You said Oppa, what if they don't like us?"

I blushed in embarrassment.

Oppa laughed at my red cheeks, "I told you that of course they'd like you. I heard those lyrics, Lindi, I said. They're beautiful lyrics. I know you wrote them. You looked taken back. The group wrote them." Jonghyun gave me a look. "You don't need to be so modest." He chuckled.

"And then?"

"And then I sat down beside you and let you cry in my arms." He smiled slightly. "Despite your pain, I felt as if I couldn't have been in a better place. I loved holding you. I thought that was were I always wanted you to be."

I smiled to myself.

"Just as you stopped crying, you looked up at me and whispered Komawo, Oppa. And then..." He stopped.

"And then what?" I got anxious.

"And then you kissed me."

"I kissed you?" I ask incredulously.

Jonghyun nodded as he laughed, "Yes, you did. It wasn't a grand kiss, more like a very sweet thank you kiss." He bit his lip. "But even from that sweet little kiss, I just wanted to kiss you again. I didn't want you to cry anymore, but if I could just kiss you one more time, I always thought. I would have given my whole world just to kiss you again."

"Oppa.." I blushed.

"Luckily, we were able to dry your tears, and your make up wasn't smudged or messed up. You performed that night beautifully. I watched from backstage as the crowd went wild when you sang." Oppa smiled from recalling this memory.

"So that wasn't when we started dating?"

"No, not yet." He shook his head. "After that, because of your successful debut, your PD wanted you and the girls to work with a sunbae with your singing and dancing."

"Did I choose you?"

Jonghyun shook his head once again. "The PD wanted you girls to be chosen by sunbaes instead of the other way around. I chose you."

I grinned. "Then?"

"Then one night, we were practicing in a piano room. It was just you and me. I was playing piano while you sang."

"Aw," I couldn't stop smiling.

"You tried to play something that I did, but you couldn't get it right. So I wrapped my arms around you with my hands over yours, and we played the song." He smiled to himself. "You looked over to me after we finished. Your big eyes just kept me staring. And before I knew it, I kissed you, and you kissed back. "

"What kind of kiss was it?" I asked, jokingly.

"This kind of kiss--" Jonghyun leaned over the table. His lips touched mine. He pulled away, then pressed his lips again. After doing that a couple of times, he sat back down and smiled at me.

"Oh. That kind of kiss." I blushed.