Sarang

Every Breath We've Ever Taken

In back of my mind, I knew Onew wanted to answer me.. But he just didn't. And even as he stood there, my heart still beat five times faster. How could everything just change right under my nose?

"I'm gonna.. sleep." I slowly said.

Jonghyun's grip around my waist tightened in the slightest.

When I stood up, Jonghyun followed, keeping his arm at my side.

"Unnie, Manager Oppa will take you back to the dorm. EunMi and MinYoung are still there." Young-ju told me.

"Anyo," Jonghyun cut it. "I'll take her home. Hyung, do you mind calling Manager Hyung to get you?"

Onew shook his head, for the first time looking at me dead in the eyes.

Even if it was just for a second, it was enough to make my heart stop.

I took a deep breath, "Oppa, let's go." I tugged at the bottom of Jonghyun's shirt.

Jonghyun's push led me outside and into the car that brought him and Onew to the studio.

I sat quietly in the passenger seat. I hadn't even realized that Jonghyun was in the car already.

"How's your head?" He asked while turning around a corner. He kept his eyes on the road.

"It hurts a little." I murmured.

I looked at the digital clock on the car's dashboard.

3:47 AM.

"It's already morning?" I said to myself.

"Neh," Jonghyun responded. "You must've had something big on your mind if you wanted to practice your routine this late at night."

Wow. He knows more about me than I do.

"Oppa, is Onew mad at me?"

"I don't know. He never really talks about you."

I felt my heart chip.

"Has something been on your mind, sarang?" Jonghyun asked sincerely.

There he goes again calling me Sarang. I'm really not used to this.

"You seem different." He continued.

"Um." I thought. "How long has it been since I was a trainee?"

"Three years, I think."

"Three?"

"I believe so..." He pulled the car to a stop in front of a large building. "Time sure does go by quickly."

I shook my head. "I'm having a hard time... Remembering everything." I looked up at him.

Jonghyun smiled, his pearly whites shimmering.

"Get some sleep. I'll take you out later for lunch."

I could feel a smile erupt on my face at the thought of food.

"I'll take that as a yes." Oppa laughed.

I looked up to the foreign building.

Where was I supposed to go?

Would Jonghyun know where my room is?

What about the two girls that Young-ju said were still inside? I don't know who's who!!

"Oppa, could you bring me to my room?" I asked, quite unsure of myself.

"Sure." Jonghyun stepped out of the driver's seat and came over to my side.

He slipped his hand into mine.

I laced my fingers with his, fully aware of the tiny sparks shooting off on each of my fingertips. I don't remember those being there before.

At least my body was more caught up with this reality than I was. But then... Why did my heart still beat so fast at the sight of Onew?

Maybe it was butterflies of hate.

Did I hate Onew?

No. I couldn't.

Or maybe the fact that I was aware that he hated me was what made my heart sky-rocket.

As I opened the front door to the dorm, I was tackled.

A forest of light brown hair covered my face.

"Omo!" I felt myself tip to the right.

Jonghyun's arms quickly pulled me upright before I crashed to the floor.

"Pabo! Don't damage her more than she already is!" Someone said.

"Oh!"

My vision cleared as the tumble of hair cleared away. "Mianhae, Unnie!" She bowed.

This girl was fairly pretty and very young from what I could tell.

"MinYoung, get up!" The other girl walked up to us.

She, too, was very pretty, but she stood taller.

"Anyeonghasaeyo, EunMi Unnie." I bowed. I hope I said the right name..

"Anyeong." She smiled.

I take that as a yes.

"How's your head?"

"Better." I chuckled. "Still pulsing."

MinYoung threw her arms around me again. "Our leader was so worried. I thought she was going to tear her hair out!" She said in a huff.

Ah. So MinYoung is the maknae and EunMi is the leader. So that makes me the middle member, right?

"But I told her," MinYoung continued. "Lindi Unnie! Hwaiting! She's a fighter, I said!"

Goodness, she's hyper.

What else could I have possibly missed?