Too Nice For Your Own Good

Too Nice For Your Own Good

 

Lay had been avoiding Suho after the confession.  Suho also didn't make any move to try to fix their friendship.  The rest of the members noticed the change though they didn't know the reason for the sudden change.
 
 
"Did you have a fight with Suho?"  Since Kris was the leader of EXO-M, he thought he should tried to solve this since the other leader which is Suho was involved with the issue.
 
 
"No.  We're friends." The term friends pierced through Lay's heart because sadly, that's all they'll ever be.  They're not even close friends anymore.  Just friends.
 
 
"Do friends avoid each other?" Kris raised an eyebrow.
 
 
"Yes especially after confessing to a friend that you have feelings for him and knowing that he doesn't like me back but what even hurts more is that he's so nice that he's willing to probably give a relationship a try even if he doesn't like me back so I'm avoiding him because I don't want him to feel forced around me."  Lay ended up spilling everything to the Chinese leader.
 
 
Kris placed a hand on Lay's shoulder to comfort the other.  "I'm not going to tell you what to do but I just want to remind you that in 3 days we are going to have our showcase and then after that, we'll be flying to China.  You won't be seeing Suho for a while after that.  It's up to you whether to avoid him or spend the remaining time with him until then."
 
 
Lay couldn't sleep that night as he had a lot of thinking to do and a decision to make.
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
Kai and Luhan had been extra lovey-dovey with their display of affection especially since the day EXO-M will leave to China is getting closer.  Suho had been hurting more than ever.  Lay had been wanting to comfort him but kept his distance.
 
 
But on the last night EXO-M members spent in Korea, Lay finally allowed himself to approach Suho who had his entire body under the blanket.  He knew that Suho had been crying silently underneath that.  He hugged Suho and kissed on Suho's nose with the blanket on it.
 
 
"Lay?"  Suho asked hesitantly and pulled down the blanket.  He was surprised to see Lay's face very closely so he tried to back away but then he felt Lay's hand at the back of his head.  He wasn't able to avoid having his first kiss stolen away by Lay.
 
 
Suho had always imagined his first kiss to be with Luhan though he had stopped imagining that since Luhan got together with Kai.  He had never imagined his first kiss to be with Lay but realistically, it felt good in a way more than he had ever imagined so he started to kiss back with his tongue moving against Lay's soft and wet.
 
 
They didn't speak to each other as they spent the rest of the night kissing and cuddling until they both fell asleep.
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
Suho woke up in the morning and wondered if it was a dream but he could still smell Lay's scent on his pillow and the warmth on a certain side of the bed which meant it hadn't been long since Lay got out of the bed.  He suddenly remembered that today is the day the EXO-M members are leaving for China so he scrambled out of the bed fast hoping that the members hadn't left yet.
 
 
Lay was putting his luggage at the back of the van.  The rest of the members were somewhere in front of the van saying goodbye to each other.
 
 
"So you're just planning to leave without saying a word to me.  Not even a goodbye?"  Suho asked as he stood behind Lay.
 
 
Lay closed the back door of the van and turned around to see the confuse and hurt expression Suho's face.  "I honestly don't know what to say."
 
 
"Then maybe you'll have something to say after you hear me out because I have something to say.  While we both thought that I can't love you, last night proved us wrong.  It's not that I can't love you.  It's just that we didn't even try to wait and see."
 
 
"You were just in a heat of a moment last night and since it was your first kiss, you probably liked the act of kissing.  Not necessarily liking the person you're doing it."  Lay tried to explain it differently to Suho.
 
 
"A heat in the moment wouldn't happen if there weren't any feelings in it!!!"  Suho argued.  "You have a lot of confidence on stage.  Why can't you have any confidence on being capable of making me fall for you?!?!"
 
 
"Um... is everything alright?"  The manager interrupted.  "It's almost time for the Chinese members to leave."
 
 
"We're almost done."  Lay said to the manager, who nodded in understanding and went inside the van first.  He turned his attention back to Suho who had his cheeks flushed from being angry earlier but still, he looked quite cute that Lay couldn't help but close the gap between their lips.  Their kiss being more passionate and fiery compared to the soft and gentle kisses they shared last night.
 
 
"You still haven't said anything to me."  Suho pouted when they broke apart from the kiss.
 
 
"I love you."  Lay said sincerely. "But we'll be apart for a long time so if you feel like falling in love with someone else, don't hold back because of me."
 
 
"I hate it when you're being too nice like this.  It makes me feel guilty somehow."  Suho grumbled as he kicked an imaginary pebble on the ground.
 
 
"I hate it too when you're being too nice.  It hurts me somehow."  Lay retorted and pulled Suho into a hug.  Then Lay's tone of voice suddenly changed into something more smug and confident.  "Well, even if you do fall in love with someone else while I'm away, I'll do something to change your mind and make you fall for me harder."
 
 
Now Suho liked this confident and dependable side of Lay and hugged back tightly.  The lovely moment was ruined with the manager shouting that it was time to go.
 
 
"I'll be back soon."  Lay whispered tenderly on Suho's ear.
 
 
Suho shivered against Lay's tone of voice and nodded.  Unwillingly, he stepped back from the hug and watched as Lay went inside the van with the rest of the EXO-M members.
 
 
Now they have to wait for the day they'll see each other again.
 
 
THE END
 
A/N: I marked it complete since I originally just thought of making it a oneshot but I seem to have loved this couple as I wrote it so depending on the readers' reactions and comments, I'm thinking of making a sequel so comment please!!!! <3
 
Edited:  I wrote a sequel and it's now up so click on the next chapter to read it!!! <3