part 1

I'll Never Let You Go [oneshot]

 

It's already 9pm, yet, Jiho is not around. Seulgi keeps walking back and forth at the park, waiting patiently for her boyfriend. Jiho promised to meet her at 7pm, but 2 hours have passed, still, there's no trace of Jiho being there. This always happens when they are having a date. Seulgi is the one who gets excited and always comes on time, but Jiho, sometimes he'll never appear, or if he will, he'll be 1 or 2 hours late. Seulgi stomped her feet and headed to the bus stop. She decided to go home already. She can't tolerate anymore this kind of act that her boyfriend does. While on the way home, she kept thinking about the big change that happened to Jiho. Ever since he became an idol, he didn't have much time to spend with her. At first, she understood him. He still sends her text messages and sometimes calls her during breaks, but recently, he calls or texts her rarely, like, three to five times a month. They meet each other, like, once in a blue moon, what's even worse is when they meet, they'll always fight about Jiho not having time for her, and about Seulgi not being an understanding girlfriend for him. 'Am I not being understanding this way? If I'm not an understanding girlfriend, I should've broken up with him since Day 1! But look! I'm still his girlfriend! All I want is a simple text message from him. A simple "how have you been?" can already make me happy.' Were Seulgi's thoughts as she wiped the tears on her face. She arrived at her apartment and ate her late dinner. She took a shower and watched some shows on tv. After several hours, a knock disturbed her. She opened her door seeing her boyfriend with a frowning face.

"Where's your cellphone?!" Jiho questioned her and rudely entered her apartment.

"It's in my room, why?!" She answered back.

"I've been calling you since a while ago to tell you that I'm heading to the park already, and you are not answering my calls! What's the use of that damn cellphone?!" Jiho raised his voice.

"Well then, SORRY for not answering your calls!" She replied sarcastically, giving emphasis to the word 'sorry'. "And don't you dare raise your voice at me, Woo Jiho! I waited for you at the park for 2 hours, and you'll come storming at my apartment for not answering your damn call?! Then you should've told me that you'll arrive at 10pm so that I'll not look stupid there waiting for nothing!" She rolled her eyes at him as tears are already welling up on her eyes.

Jiho was taken aback by what she said. "Okay, I didn't know that the show recording will extend up to 9:30pm." He explained.

"You should've sent me a message, at least." She wiped her tears.

"Alright, I'm sorry. It's my fault. Stop crying, please? I'm sorry, I'll not do that again." He said and wrapped his arms across Seulgi's back.

She pulled off the hug, "You'll not do that again?! How many times have you already told that to me?! You think I'll believe you this time, huh? I'm sorry Jiho, but I think you're right,  I'm not an understanding girlfriend. I can't understand that you have a lot of schedules to do, you are a busy man now. I think I'm already a burden to you. I seem to disturb you when I keep sending you messages everyday, that's why you're not replying to me. I'm sorry, I think it's time for us to break up." She said frankly, more tears rolling down her face. Yeah sure, she still loves Jiho, but she thought that their relationship isn't working anymore, that's why she decided to break up with him.

Jiho was shocked with everything that she said. "No Seulgi, you can't do this to me! You're not a burden, you know that!" He held both of her shoulders and looked at her face.

"No Jiho. I've said enough, and my decision is final. Leave now, please." She opened the door for him.

"Leave you? Alright! If you wish to! I'll leave you now. Don't ever ask for me to be back, huh! This is what you want!" Jiho went out of her apartment and frustratedly messed up his hair.

Seulgi shut her door close. She keeps on crying while the voice of Jiho keeps repeating on her head.. '..Don't ever ask for me to be back, huh! This is what you want!' "I should move on now. He's not worth my tears!" She told herself and wiped her tears.

Few more days have passed, and Seulgi seems to move on fast, although of course, she still misses him sometimes, but she thought she's already used to live like that. No messages from Jiho, no calls, no time. She had lived like that even when he was still her boyfriend.

 

While on the other side...

"Where's Jiho?" Block B's manager asked the rest of the boys while they're in their dorm. "In his room." Yookwon replied and the manager went to Jiho's room.

"Yah, Woo Jiho! Wake up, now!!" The manager shook Jiho's body for him to wake up. The rest of Block B decided to also go to Jiho's room.

"Hyung, Jiho hyung went home drunk last night, I think he'll wake up a little later.." Jihoon said.

"But isn't it, today is the scheduled last day for mixing up your songs for the new album?! Other hyungs are already waiting in the recording room." The manager explained.

"Oh, right!!" Kyung suddenly said and jumped on Jiho's bed. "Woo Jiho!!! Wake up now!!" He shook him.

"Ya.. Yaah!!" Jiho seems to be awake already. He rubbed his eyes and pushed Kyung away from him.

"Hyung, I'll talk to Jiho first, and we'll go to the recording room right away. Just wait for us." Kyung told their manager. He, and the members left Jiho and Kyung alone in the room.

 

"Jiho-yah! Wake up now." Kyung tapped Jiho's arms.

"Why?! I'm sleeping here, okay?! Don't disturb me! Dammit!" Jiho said angrily.

"Yah! Woo Jiho! What the hell is happening to you?! You always go home late at night, and you're always drunk! We are asking you what is the problem, but you are not telling it to --"

Kyung was cut off by Jiho, "We broke up! Okay! Are you happy now?! Huh?! Seulgi broke up with me last week!" Jiho shouted and squeezed his head.

"That's it?" Kyung said calmly.

Tears started to roll down on Jiho's face. He never cries in front of other people, only in front of his family, Seulgi and his best friend, Kyung.

"Kyung, you know that I love her, right?" Kyung nodded. "I can never live without her! I know it's my fault because I didn't exert efforts for our relationship to work, but still, I love her." Jiho said and burried his face on his palm.

"What exactly did happen?" Kyung asked.

"I was late for our date last time. I tried to call her, but she's not answering that's why I came storming at her place. I seem to raise my voice when I talked to her, not knowing that she waited for me for 2 hours at our meeting place. I think she'd already lost her patience to me that's why she decided to break up with me." Jiho explained.

"What did you do when she asked to break up with you?" Kyung asked.

Jiho punch the bed's headboard for he remembers what he told Seulgi that day. ‘Leave you? Alright! If you wish to! I'll leave you now. Don't ever ask for me to be back, huh! This is what you want!’

Kyung got no response from his friend. "What?! Did you raise your pride again?" Kyung asked him directly.

"Yes.. No.. It's not like that! I was in a bad mood that day, she asked for a break up, she asked me to leave, that's why I left her there!.. I told her to not ask me to be back to her..." Jiho explained his side.

"But still, you raised your pride. When she asked for a break up, you should've showed her how much you still love her. You should've fought for your love, man!" Kyung tapped Jiho's shoulder.

"Should I? But it's too late! I've already told her that I'll not be back. It's too shameful for me if I'll go to her at this moment." Jiho said doubtfully.

"Swallow your pride Zico, if you want your love back." Kyung told him and Jiho just nodded.

"Anyways Jiho, today's the scheduled last day for the mixing of our songs. We should go to the recording room right away. Rhymer hyung and Kiggen hyung are already waiting for us." Kyung said.

"Oh, right! I forgot. I'll take a shower now, Kyung, see you later." Jiho stood up from his bed. He hit his head several times because it hurts like hell due to last night's hang over.