To Know, To Not Know

Mirror Mirror

Lee ~~~~~'s POV (The Original)

I smiled as I traced the photo of Luhan in the photo book I held in my hand, delicately, like a glass slipper.

Kai had given it to me.

It was my old photo book I had put together ages ago. In it contained photos. All the photos I had taken. Photos with friends, family, Luhan, Kai... Photos of almost everything.

It was my treasure, and I kept it hidden away under a loose tile that was under a mat in my bedroom bathroom. Only Kai would've found it. He knew all my secrets... I wasn't the slightest creeped out by that.

I was shaken from awake from my thoughts, when I heard the front door open and footsteps walking into the house.

I placed the photo book gently back down on the bedside table and walked outside the room, almost running into ~~~~~.

"Oh. Mianhae." I said, smiling.

She looked at me, biting her lip, looking guilty. It was a look I had never seen on myself, for some reason, and seeing it on her face, my face, it felt foreign to me. "No... I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." She grabbed my hands, "Please... forgive me." Her eyes were teary, and the look on her face, of a child. 

Reminding myself of how I once looked as a little girl; pure and innocent.

I heard Kai walking towards us and I looked at him. From just the look on his face, I could tell, I could tell what was happening, and why she was apologizing. I smiled and patted her head, "It's alright. No need to be sorry. It's not your fault... nothing is." I hugged her and whispered to myself, "You're the most innocent out of all of us."

I knew she didn't hear me, but I knew Kai heard me. The way he shook his head and his expression. I smiled at him, but he didn't smile back.

*****

I slowly sat up from my bed. I looked down at ~~~~~, sleeping peacefully on it.

She had fallen asleep as I told her stories, stories of my past, of Kai's past, of Luhan's past. We talked on for ages. She told me everything about herself; her life.

I told her about mine.

I smiled down at her and said, "I envy you, clone. You're lucky. Pure. Innocent. Clean. Everyone just loves you, naturally. And not because you're a splitting image of me... no... they love you for you. I envy you."

I slowly got down from the bed and walked towards the door.

I knew that, even before opening the door, Kai was already standing outside. I could feel him. 

I could hear him. His breathing was calm, and his heart steady. "Be careful."

I smiled. He knew what I was going to do, even before I told him. It was expected. "I will."

"And don't stay out too late..."

"I won't."

"And please... please... come back to me."

I touched the door, where I knew his hand was pressed against. "Don't worry... I will." I reached down and opened the door. When I did, Kai was already gone.

All I could hear was fading footsteps going down the long corridor. I smiled. 

"Mianhae Kai... Saranghaeyo, Kai." I knew he could hear me, for he was my stalker, and my stalker he was.

*****

I looked up to the familiar balcony. It was dark. Was Luhan asleep? Was he out?

I sighed. My heart ached, it ached for him. "Luhan... where are you? I miss you... Please... just let me see you once again. I'll go through all that pain and suffering, even die again, just to have a moment with you in your arms."

I was standing right outside of Luhan's house where he stayed at when he was in Seoul.

It has already been two hours. I should go back now... or else Kai will be worried. 

I sighed and started walking back. I stared at my lone shadow under the moonlight. I looked up, when a familiar pair of feet walked towards me. I was face-to-face with Luhan.

His eyes were wide, a mirror of mine. 

"Hi..." I said weakly. For I was, I was weak. Seeing him, my heart was melting, my legs had become hot candle wax. 

"Hey..." He said. After a silent moment between us, he said, "What... are you doing out so late by yourself?"

"Just... walking."

Luhan nodded. He looked awkward and shy, just like when I first met him. "I see..." His hands were in his pockets and his legs were kicking about and his eyes were anywhere except on me.

I swallowed and said, "Well... I should get going..."

"Right... or else your Kai would be worried, wouldn't he?"

I nodded and smiled, "Yes... Kai would be worried for me.... well, bye. See you around."

He nodded. "Yeh..."

As I walked past him, I could feel his body heat, I could smell his scent. I wanted to just stop and hug him and never let go... but I continued walking on. 

"...See you around, Lee ~~~~~, my love."

I froze in mid-step. I turned around and saw him smiling at me. He waved before disappearing through the gates. I smiled as well. 

He remembered me. He knew. I don't know how, but he does. My Luhan.

Lee ~~~~~'s POV End (The Original)

*****

Kai's POV

I watched, from a safe distant, as ~~~~~ walked away from Luhan's house. I looked towards the house and smiled. Good on him.

Sorry, Luhan, sorry, for having you find out about our ~~~~~ the way you did before. Sorry for revealing to you, indirectly, the painful truth. But you had to know. One day; one way or another.

I in a breath of air, before quietly following ~~~~~ from behind.

~~~~~-ah, no matter what you're doing, where you are, I'll be there. I'll never leave you alone again, for danger lurks behind every corner if I am not there with you.

You may think I'm not there, but I am. 

I'll be wherever you are; I promise. "I promise." I said, aloud.

"Thank you Kai..." I heard her whisper to herself.

Maybe she knew I was there, maybe she didn't, but I still smiled and replied, "You're welcome."

Kai's POV End

*****

I swear, this story is so mysterious and confusing that even I stay up at night wondering about things... that happened and trying to figure it out...

It's like... I'm watching someone else's life and writing it all down... like a movie... and we all know how movies are; some things are revealed, but some things stay a secret and allow the audience to just be creative... 

*confused*

But don't worry, I won't have an ending that leaves everything just hanging... *cough cough* (hopefully)

I sense know that this story is going to end soon... and some of you will just want to hunt me down for the ending... and others will just hug and kiss me... but... ngeh... I have to admit, I love the ending, myself.... it's totally awesome *cough cough* I'm just kidding!!!

Okay... enough bullcrap... I'M SUPER DUPER DUPER SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR WHAT SEEMS LIKE AGES AND HOPEFULLY THIS DOUBLE UPDATE WILL MAKE UP FOR IT!