The Detective

Mirror Mirror

Luhan's POV

I looked up, towards the shop-house, then down at the address, that I scribbled on paper, given to me by the detective I hired. People buzzed by, ignoring me. I looked back up at the shop-house. 

This was where the detective said Kim Jongin lived.

Kim Jongin... I recognized him. He had been ~~~~~'s sunbae at school...

...And also Kai. 

I remember hearing of him from ~~~~~. One of her many friends she met outside of school, and not in a friendship circle. 

I don't know for how long I stood there staring up at the shop-house, but eventually the door opened, and two people walk out. Kai, or Jongin, and ~~~~~.

Which ~~~~~? I squinted my eyes, trying to figure it out. Kim ~~~~~. No, not my ~~~~~. I'd know instantly.

But why wasn't she coming out? I looked at the door, expectantly, waiting for another figure to walk out, but Kai just shut and locked the door. He walked down the stairs, followed by Kim ~~~~~.

Where were they going? I frowned, and looked up at the shop-house, then at their disappearing backs. I bit my lip, before following behind them.

Luhan's POV End

*****

Your POV (The Clone)

We browsed through the shop items. "I wonder how ~~~~~'s doing..." He sighed, deeply. I could hear the concern dripping off his voice.

I bit my lip, "Then why don't you just take her to the doctor and get her prescribed medicine?"

We were all about to go out grocery shopping together, but ~~~~~, the original, suddenly felt sick and stayed home. Kai wanted to stay home with her, but she told him to just go.

He listens to every word she says.

"Who needs to go to a doctor, when they have me?" He said, jokingly. "And plus, it'll get too complicated if we take her to the doctor's... you know."

He was right, of course. Kai, the mastermind. But I couldn't help but quietly mutter under my breath, "Or you're just trying to keep her all to yourself and not let her see the outside world..."

"Hmm... what did you say?"

I shook my head, "Nothing." We continued going through the aisles, with Kai pushing the shopping cart. I finally asked, "Kai... are you going to let her see Luhan if she asks you to?"

He looked at me, with a raised eyebrow, "Luhan? How do you know about him?"

I bit my lip, "I've met him... but answer my question. Would you?"

He looked away, his expression unreadable. He didn't reply.

I let out a sigh of frustration, for me, and for Luhan. "You're selfish you know? Keeping her all to yourself! Luhan has a right to know! He still loves her!"

Kai looked at me, frowning, "Look, I didn't say that I'm not going to let them see, I didn't even repl-"

I stated, "She doesn't deserve your love."

It was silent, none of us said anything. Kai breathed in deeply and said, "Excuse me?"

I looked him right in the eye, "She doesn't deserve to be loved, by you, or by Luhan. She... she cheated. First on Luhan with you, then with some dude on you and Luhan. She doesn't deserve to be alive at all. Her death was punishment for her for cheating."

He slapped me. I looked at him, holding my cheek, biting my tears. "It's none of your business, you're just a clone."

"Yes it is. I hate her. She has everything that I should have. I'm not just her clone. I'm not just a clone. I'm human as well. I'm just like her. And you. And Luhan. Anything concerning her, concerns me. Everything concerning you, concerns me. I love you, can't you see that?"

He sighed and shook his head, "Stay quiet, we're out in public and I really do not want to have this conversation right now."

"That's where you're wrong. We do, Kai. She cheated on you; she doesn't deserve your love, or Luhan's-"

"SHE NEVER CHEATED!" He yelled suddenly.

I gasped, my heart beating. People looked at us, confused. Kai breathed in deeply, and grabbed my hand. He pulled my outside the shop, leaving our shopping trolley behind.

We were finally outside. He looked at me and said, "Look, she never cheated, not once. There... there was nothing between us. We both wanted it, but her love for Luhan... she loves him. He's her everything. Nothing ever happened between us. We... were more than friends, but not lovers. We'll never be..."

"But-"

"No, she didn't. She didn't. She was... ."

Your POV End

*****

Luhan's POV

R-? I almost collapsed to the ground. Tears threatened to fall out of my eyes.

All these years, I thought... I actually.... All these years, I had actually thought that ~~~~~ cheated on me... All this time, I always told myself that I forgave her, but there was a part of me that hated her for what she did...

And now... it turns out, she was ?

I blinked and peered at Kai. He sighed and continued, "Luhan and her... they were out clubbing. She walked out by herself... then it happened."

"Wh-who?" The clone, from what I've found out listening to their conversation, stuttered.

"Kris." Kris? I bit my lip to keep from yelling out loud and instead, punched the wall I was leaning against. I pulled at my hair. That bastard! "He was Luhan's best friend in high school... and he was also in love with ~~~~~... when Luhan found out, things didn't turn out that well... Then, he came back to Korea, maybe it was just a coincident, or just fate, they were all at the same club together. And Kris... he still couldn't let go. He was drunk, and it happened. He, himself, didn't know he had contaminated that virus..."

"Where is he now?" The clone breathed out.

"Dead. Rotting in his grave. He died the day after ~~~~~. I visited him on that day, in hospital. I told him about ~~~~~, he had guessed, but wasn't sure. When he heard that she was dead, he laughed. And cried. He was dying, and as his last words were, 'I'm sorry', though he, himself, knew what he did was unforgivable. He truly loved her. All three of us loved, love, ~~~~~. He just made a mistake."

I didn't want to hear the rest of what they were going to talk about, so I left, leaving a trail of glistening tears behind me.

Luhan's POV End

*****