Brought Together

Written In The Stars

 

If Maki could, she would run away this very moment but things had to be settled for once. She’d left the café, opting for the park where her senses could fly freely with the wind. Currently she and Tomohisa were in a mutual walk around the area, with her leading the way and the handsome man behind her with his hands inside his pockets.

Neither of the two of them were speaking and Maki really just wanted to get this over it.

“Tomo we’re two consenting adults so why don’t we just move on?” she turned her head over to him with her arms crossed defensively across her chest. The two of them were in the middle of the path just looking at each other. For a moment Maki thought she saw Tomohisa’s eye shimmering with a hint of sadness but he bowed his head and when he looked up again it was gone.

“You’re right, enough with this banter… let’s go back to being friends ne?” Tomohisa approached her, holding out his hand in agreement. For him this was stupid but time had already passed and they needed closure.

Maki stared at the man’s outstretched hand. Was she ready for this? Can she move on? Whatever the answer was, something was supposed to happen. “Friends.” She took his hand and shook it. She ignored the fact that she could feel a static electricity when their skin touched. Was she really ready for this? If she was… was it supposed to hurt like this? Tomohisa pulled away first; she actually saw something—hurt—flicker in his eyes but maybe it was just the morning sun ruining her eyesight. She turned away as quickly as possible; returning to her defensive position.

“I guess that’s that then…” She heard Tomohisa say behind her.

“Mmm…” came her sound of approval. Her head was bowed down as she continued walking. Tomohisa’s footsteps came right beside her. It was a large park; if they continued this path they would be forced to converse and Maki was in no condition to be talking to Tomohisa about her life; not now… not yet.

“Why don’t we head on back to the café?” she suggested.

“Uh… sure…” Tomohisa scratched the back of his head. He waited as Maki led the way back.

The neighbourhood was peaceful; kids were playing on the streets, people doing their daily chores and what not.

“Onii-chan hora!!!”

“Eh?”

It was too late for Tomohisa to realize what happened; the soft ball had hit him straight on the temple. He staggered back before, holding on to Maki but he lost his own balance and couldn’t help but sit on the pavement.

“Tomo! Tomo daijoubou?” Maki asked, still holding unto his arm.

The boys playing softball approached them; their sorry faces evident. “Gomen ne onii-chan! My aim wasn’t good…” one of them said.

“Tomo are you alright?” Maki crouched down and looked the man in the eyes.

Tomohisa blinked first but he was still holding on to his right temple. “Daijoubou desu… w-we should get back to the community center ne Maki-chan? We’ll be late for morning announcements.”

Maki stared at the man. What the heck was he saying!? “Tomohisa stop that, we’re going back to the café!”

“Café? What café?”

Oh darn it. “Come on…” Maki tried pulling him to his feet; with difficulty… “I think that ball hit your head too hard…”

“Ah gomen ne onee-chan! I didn’t mean to hit your boyfriend!” The boy apologized again and he was now helping Tomohisa to his feet.

“Maki I’m seeing double…” Tomohisa shook his head as Maki wrapped one arm around his waist and the other holding on to his arm which was around her shoulder. Maki turned to the boys and bowed her head. “Onegai, could you call a cab for me? I think I need to take him to the hospital…”

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=

“It seems he’s suffered a mild concussion…” The doctor stated as he looked at Maki while Tomohisa slept on one of the emergency room’s beds. “But don’t worry Horikita-san, your boyfriend will be fine, he just needs to ice that large bump on his head…”

“Arigato sensei…” Maki bowed her head, thanking the neurologist who just smiled at her.

“You can head on home when he wakes up…”

And with that, he walked away to tend to his other patients. Maki sighed as she turned back to a still sleeping Tomohisa on the bed. “Even when we’re not together I’m taking care of you…” she mused pushing back the bangs away from Tomohisa’s face. The years have certainly paid off for Tomohisa. Sure he was cute and charming then but now he seemed to always look dashing—even when he was asleep he looked handsome! It seemed that all the staring she was doing was getting heavy for Tomohisa slowly stirred in his sleep; slowly waking up.

“Mmm…”

“Oh hey don’t sit up so suddenly…” Maki softly pushed Tomohisa back into a lying position.

“Wow…” Tomohisa shook his head lightly. “What happened?”

“A ball knocked you on the side of the head…” Maki explained.

“Must be some ball…” Tomohisa groaned, massaging his temple.

Maki smiled softly. He looked adorable! “The doctor said you need to put an ice pack on it, can you walk now? Let’s get you back to the café…”

“I think I can…” Tomohisa sat up but the moment his feet landed on the ground he felt like he would throw up. He staggered but Maki was there to quickly help him.

“You really need to rest, what’s your address?”

“No you don’t have to Maki--”

“Well I want to now come on what’s your address?”

Tomohisa stared as Maki led him out of the emergency room. He couldn’t stop the smile that crawled on his face as he saw how worried the woman looked. “It’s at Umezawa road… number 21…”

=====================================================================================================

AN: Yes people I am alive! thank you so much to the new subscribers! I know this isn't really a good chapter... I'm having problems with the plot now. But rest asured I won't abandon this story! please keep supporting and commenting! you guys are awesome! :D