Little Talks

Written In The Stars

“Ne onee-chan let’s hurry up!” Mirai said, pulling on Maki’s jacket sleeve. The older Horikita looked at her younger sister in laughter and raised an eyebrow.

“Why are you so in a rush anyways Mirai-chan?” She asked. They were by the bleachers and it was already twilight. At the other end of the court was Tomohisa, saying goodbye to his players while he fixed his own sports bag.

Mirai only clicked her tongue and scowled at Maki, bringing laughter to the latter’s face. Mirai was just so cute. In truth, Maki had an inkling why Mirai wanted to leave in a hurry, too bad they were waiting for Tomohisa.

“Can’t I just meet you at the station?” Mirai grumbled.

Maki chuckled pinching her sister’s scrunched up nose. “No-you-can’t.” She said in a sing-song voice. “Besides, Tomo’s already finished and look so is--”

“Hep! Stop onee-chan! I know what you’re doing!” Mirai raised a hand, stopping Maki from continuing the sentence. She sighed and crossed her arms as Tomohisa walked over their direction with a tired looking Ryosuke in tow. Mirai turned to Maki, mocking a crying face. “Is this punishment for all the teasing I did to you and Tomo-nii all those years?”

“Ask the gods Mirai-chan.” Maki teased, she smiled just as Tomohisa approached.

“Ready to go?” The basketball coach asked, grasping Maki’s hand in his. Right next to him Ryosuke stood, still looking dead tired.

“I’ve been ready for the last 20 minutes.” Mirai hissed quietly though both Tomohisa and Ryosuke heard it. She walked on ahead, her arms still crossed.

Tomohisa turned to Ryosuke then to Maki first as if waiting for answers but the two only shrugged.

“I think it’s her time of the month, ignore her.” Maki laughed. She gripped Tomohisa’s hand in hers and led him away but not before turning to Ryosuke and saying; “Ikou?”

Ryosuke smiled back, though still looking tired. He nodded his head and followed after. Tomohisa chuckled as they watched Mirai walking in the distance. He then whispered to Ryosuke. “Ne Yamada, why don’t you go talk to Mirai? She seems a little lonely.”

Like the good kid that he was, Ryosuke followed after Mirai, not seeing the knowing smiles on Maki and Tomohisa’s faces.

“Hi Mirai.” Ryosuke greeted once he was side by side with the girl.

Mirai scowled but Ryosuke only laughed. She wasn’t in the mood. It was getting tiring. “Hello.” She greeted sourly. It really was getting dark, she couldn’t see anything. She breathed in and went for her bag to grab her glasses. To her surprise, she realized Ryosuke was doing the same thing.

“Are you imitating me?” Mirai asked, with a small scowl on her face.

It was obvious that Ryosuke was a bit scared with that scowl. You have to admit, Mirai’s scowl really did look scary. He immediately shook his head. “My eyesight really is blurry.”

Mirai merely scoffed and hastened with walking. She really just wanted to get home and take a rest. If she just didn’t love her onee-chan, she would’ve left eons ago.

Maki laughed softly at the scene happening in-front of her. Maybe her sister couldn’t get a boyfriend since she was so snobbish. Come to think of it, Mirai was pretty, smart and kind. Then again, boys were intimidated with her.

“Hey what are you thinking about?” Tomohisa asked while tightening his grip on Maki’s hand.

Maki quickly went back to reality and smiled at her boyfriend. “Nandemonai.”

Tomohisa only laughed and continued with walking. The four of them stopped when they heard something.

Quickly Ryosuke held Mirai and led her to his back when he saw what was happening. There was a fight happening with a woman hiding behind a dumpster.

“Who are you to tell us off huh!”

Punch.

“Too bad you’re alone!”

Punch.

Maki walked closer when she recognized who was behind the dumpster.

“Mei-tan?” She said softly with Tomohisa still holding on to her.

The woman glanced their way, still with a scared face. “Maki!” She cried. “It’s Jin!” She need not say anymore since Tomohisa quickly let go of Maki and went to help the poor man.

“Hey!” Tomohisa yelled before a punch from him landed on one of the goons’ face. The goons were obviously taken aback and Jin took the moment to fight back even though his face was full of bruises already.

Ryosuke was going to approach them but Mirai held him back.

“Ryou no! Those guys are too big!” Mirai said worriedly. She wouldn’t let go of Ryosuke.

The fight continued badly, though Jin and Tomohisa could throw punches, the other guys were still bigger and one man ahead.

“Maki, what are we going to do?” Meisa said. The scene wasn’t looking that well. Bruises were beginning to party on both Tomohisa and Jin’s faces. Maki quickly whipped her phone out and started to dial when a deep voice from behind echoed.

“Oi! What do you think you’re doing!” Cops! They were older looking, about in their thirties. The goons tried to get away but the cops were fast!

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=

Since it was getting a little late, the people at WITS were beginning to tone down. This got Erika wondering; where the heck were Maki , Meisa and Mirai?! She turned to her wrist watch one last time to make sure she got the time right. But even without the time, the sun was setting fast, so where were her friends and housemates?

“Na, what do you think happened with Maki?”

She snapped out from her thoughts when she heard the voice and saw Kazuya looking at her. There weren’t that many customers so he could probably take a break right now.

With a sigh she rested her arms on the bar and looked outside. “I have no idea, she said she was just going to Meiji but they’re all still not here.” She knew Maki went there for Maki and Tomohisa and realized that Tomohisa would be staying for the night; he did so for the past week now.

Kazuya situated himself beside Erika and this caused the woman to tense up. Too bad for her that she had a crush on this guy but he didn’t seem to be the dating type. “So Kazuya, I don’t really know anything about you, care to share?” she said in a sing-song voice.

Kazuya actually looked amused by this. He crossed his arms and looked at the whole café when he answered. “Not much to tell, Kamenashi Kazuya, 27 years old and always wanted to become a chef.”

Erika scrunched up her nose at that and that got Kazuya chuckling. He spoke again and this time he was serious. “When I was a kid, my parents didn’t really let me do things I wanted to do. So when I grew up, I moved out and went to culinary school so I could finally be what I wanted.”

“Why? What did your parents want you to do?”

Kazuya turned to Erika again, seeing how curious and intent her face was. He smiled and shook his head before facing he woman. “I’ll tell you some other time…”

Erika would’ve argued but she felt a sensation in her pocket and realized that it was her phone ringing. She pulled it out, the toys hanging from it making a jingling sound. Maki was calling. Finally. She was going to give her a piece of her mind.

“Maki I’ve been wait--”

“Erika we’re at the hospital.”

There was a moment’s silence that Erika felt her heart stop a beat. Kazuya looked on, noticing early on that something was wrong.

“What happened?” Erika asked, trying to sound calm. “What hospital is that?”

===============================================================================================================

AN: Hello everyone! I'm back! Please bear with me ne! Buty I am going to continue with this story! I'm just warming up :D await the coming days :D thank you to all! Please comment ne! XD