Staying For The Night

Written In The Stars

 

Maki found out that Tomohisa lived in a very secure community in a very pristine looking apartment building.

“Arigato.” She thanked the driver while she helped Tomohisa out of the taxi. The man was still a little woozy from his head injury and couldn’t keep himself up long enough. The two of them entered through the apartment lobby, the security guard tipping his hat respectfully to both of them.

“Ne Tomo, what’s your floor number?” Maki asked, lightly tapping the man’s cheek. He was getting really heavy for her and she needed him to stay conscious.

There was a slur in answer which Maki vaguely deciphered as “6th”. Hoping she was right, she helped Tomohisa into the elevator then pressed the little round button between 5th and 4th.

“Why is the world spinning?” Tomohisa asked, his voice gurgled as he leaned back on the elevator wall, his arm still around Maki. Sighing, Maki fixed Tomohisa’s position and patted his shoulder for comfort. “That ball pretty hit you hard, the little boy’s got a strong arm.”

They reached the 6th floor and Tomohisa was able to release his keys from his back pockets and lead them over to apartment 609. Ugh Finally! Maki felt like her arm was going to fall off from Tomohisa’s weight; he must be working out. Tomohisa’s apartment was very home-y, not much to Maki’s surprise. She was also not surprised to see that things were still a bit of a mess around him.

“Where’s your bedroom Tomo?” She asked.

There was a goofy smile evident on the man’s face. “Already looking for a bed Maki-chan?” He said suggestively.

Maki pursed her lips and light hit the man’s shoulder. “Just tell me where your room is.

“Last door on the left…”

At least Tomohisa’s room was tidy. The only mess was a loose basketball by the side of his bed and some of his Play Station 3 games strewn on the floor.

“Okay you need to lie down.” Maki allowed Tomohisa to settle on bed. Once tucked in though, he started . He really needed to sleep.

“Tomo, are you going to be alright?” She asked him, comfortably patting his arm. But Tomohisa knew what was going to happen, he turned slowly with that still dazed look on his face. “Can you please stay here for a while? At least until this headache is away?” His face looked so pitiful that Maki had to look away for a while. Damn him and his charm!

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=

Mirai knew that her sister could take care of herself but that didn’t stop the fact that she was getting worried especially after a couple of hours already passed.

“You don’t think Tomo-nii went and kidnapped one-chan right?” she asked the nearest person to her which evidently was Ryosuke. In reply, the young man only looked at her as if wondering why she was saying these things. He sighed, settling the strawberry shake he just finished on the table.

“Hey, I know Tomo-nii and I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t do that. Especially to someone he really likes.”

“Really? Tomo-nii still likes Maki-nee?” Mirai said in an interested voice. She placed her chin on her open palm, looking straight at Ryosuke. The latter scoffed as he shrugged his shoulder. “I’m pretty sure, I mean, don’t you see how he looks at her? He has that longing look in his eyes!”

Mirai’s face slowly grew to a small smile. She looked at Ryosuke teasingly. “I never pegged you for the romantic type.”

This seemed to catch Ryosuke’s attention for he fidgeted in his seat and refused to look Mirai in the eyes. He had a reputation for being the cool jock and Mirai telling him that she thought he was romantic wasn’t helping that. He cleared his throat and looked away. Looking away though, he saw some fellow students and classmates of theirs entering Wits. It was too late for him to hide for the 2 students approached them.  

“Hey! Aren’t you Yamada and Horikita?” A tall boy with clean cut hair and a nice smile asked. He directed his face over to Ryosuke then to Mirai. A little surprised, Mirai straightened up on her seat, looking at the two newly arrived people. She recognized them as being in the same class with Nakamaru-sensei.

“I hope you remember me!” The girl with the tall boy chirped before giving a friendly wave to Mirai. “I’m Kawashima Umika! And this is my cousin Irie Jingi.” She gestured to the tall boy.

Yes Mirai remembered them, Umika was actually the first one she saw in the classroom that morning. “Ah, domo.” She greeted, bowing her head softly. “Horikita Mirai.”

“Oh I know, you got partnered with that cute boy… his name was Kento right?” Umika said squealing. Shyly, Mirai nodded her head, she had to admit that she did find that Kento boy attractive.

Ryosuke sat there at the sides, a grimace on his handsome face, all this Kento nonsense was getting on his nerves. But suddenly Jingi spoke up, nudging Umika. “Shhh, you can’t talk about another boy being cute in-front of her when her boyfriend is right there next to her!”

“Eh!?” Mirai and Ryosuke both exclaimed, actually catching some of Wits’ patrons’ attention.

“You’re mistaken, this guy’s not my boyfriend!” Mirai said, sounding appalled.

“Oh.” Jingi smiled sheepishly. “Gomen gomen, I just thought you two were together, you went inside the classroom at the same time and now you two are together here so I thought… well, sumimasen.” He bowed, still smiling sheepishly.

“So are you two related then?” Umika asked softly.

“This girl?” Ryosuke smirked, pointing to Mirai with his thumb. “Nah, maybe someday though.” He followed with a laugh as Mirai rolled her eyes.

“Don’t mind him, he’s just here because he’s waiting for coach Tomohisa.”

“EH! So you’re on the basketball team!” Jingi stated, he sat down beside Ryosuke. “You think you can give me some tips? I plan on joining!”

“Uh…” Ryosuke didn’t know what to say. He looked over to Mirai for advice but the girl was already taking to Umika and he boiled when he heard the words “Kento” “cute” “nice smile” and all that.

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=

Maki loomed over the sleeping Tomohisa. It was getting really dark and she really just wanted to head on home. Oh no, Mirai is probably worried. She whipped her phone out to call her little sister only to find out that the battery was already dead. Ugh! Why did situations like this happen? She can’t wake Tomohisa up, that would just be rude. But no more did she think of it when the man started groaning and finally waking up.

“Maki, I’m sorry but can you hand me some aspirin, it’s inside my desk drawer.” Tomohisa said groggily, His hair was all over the place and he couldn’t open his eyes but Maki never saw anyone more handsome ever. She sighed, making a small sound as if to say yes before reaching in for Tomohisa’s desk drawer. There were a lot of things cluttered around and a small box of aspiring would be hard to find. She dug through all of that junk inside when she noticed a very small picture frame at the bottom.

“Tomo what--” Maki realized she was looking at herself and Tomohisa in that photo. It was their first anniversary and they were at the old park they always frequented. The picture showed Tomohisa wrapping his arms around Maki as he laid his cheek on top of her head, smiles evident on their faces.

Seeing this, Tomohisa suddenly lunged, adrenaline over him, taking the picture frame away from Maki. He forgot he had that inside there. Unfazed, Maki walked over and towered over him as he sat on his bed.

“How long have you been keeping that?” She asked softly.

Being caught, Tomohisa couldn’t do anything but settle for confrontation. He sighed, running a hand through his messy hair before gently placing the picture on the bed. “Look Maki, I may have been mad at you for breaking things. Heck I wanted to stay mad at you so things wouldn’t be so painful.” His voice was so soft that a knife could cut through it. The look on his eyes as he faced Maki almost killed the woman in sorrow. “But I don’t know what you did to make me love you this way, I mean, it’s been years! And what—I still couldn’t forget about you… I was stupid for not trying to look for you.” This time he stood up and he was the one towering over Maki who up to that moment was still silent as ever. “So when I saw you at the café, I thought it was a sign. But I my anger got through me and I just--” Another sigh escaped him. “You asked me if we could be just friends again… but I don’t think I can do that… Maki, I just--”

His words were cut off because for a start, Maki tiptoed, grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled his head down to hers, mashing their lips together. They’ve shared many… countless kisses but this one sent Tomohisa hot like no other. In the past when they kissed, it was always soft or passionate. This was fiery and harsh! He wrapped one arm around her waist and the other around her neck as he angled his head for the right position for their lips to meet. He pulled Maki closer around the waist, earning a gasp from her a chance for him to slip his tongue inside . What he didn’t expect was Maki suddenly pushing him so they both fell on the bed before she started taking his shirt off and they returned to their lip-lock session, expectantly leading to more. It looked like Maki really would be spending the night there. 

========================================================================================================================AN: I'm back!!! Enjoyed? I know I did haha! kinda nervous with the Yamaki scene at the end :p Yamaki and Yamashi for this chap! more Kamerika and JinMeisa in the next one! please comment ne? XD