FIRST WISH

Three Inches of Sunlight

Tada! Chapter two! :D
*goes crying in a corner* Emotional moment for this author, please understand... *sniffs*
I never realized that I burdened myself so much by putting the limit o six chapters... But finally, I found a good way to solve that :)

BEFORE YOU READ: You may get a little confused, but read until the end, and I think you'll understand :) More explanantion at the end of the chapter, as always ;) ENJOY!! :D



Yoona felt as if she was in heaven. Every day was filled with so many little bits of happiness, overshadowing anything bad. Every moment with Kyuhyun felt so great, so undoubtedly right, and her mind had long already integrated Kyuhyun’s existence as an irreplaceable, important person in her life.

Slowly, little bits of sunlight were slowly forcing the cold winter days away, much to Kyuhyun’s pleasure. Yoona had realized a long time ago that Kyuhyun loved enjoying the warmth of the sun, while for her it was a trigger for precious memories.

The sun was shining brightly, and Kyuhyun had urged Yoona to accompany him while he sat on the grass under the oak, his whole body completely consumed by the blinding sun. Yoona was lying on the ground, with her head on Kyuhyun’s lap. She smiled brightly while her eyes were fixed on the clear sky, appreciating the beauty. They both stayed silent, peacefully silent as they enjoyed the moment.

“Kyuhyun-ah,” A childish-like chuckle escaped Yoona’s mouth as she watched the hand of the other move above her, “mind telling me what you’re doing?”

A carefree smile slowly appeared on his lips as he continued to move his hand above her.

“Just trying out something.”

Any other day and Yoona was certain she would not have been as mesmerized as now upon staring at Kyuhyun’s serious expression. However, at this one moment, Kyuhyun looked so beautiful, so perfect, and Yoona felt him being so deeply precious to her.

“Yoona-ah, here, look up.”

Yoona looked at the hand that was above her eyes, shielding her from the sun. However, there was just this slightest bit of sunlight that his hand could not shield.

“Yoona, how many inches of sunlight do you see?”

“Eh?” Yoona scrutinized her eyes a little to have a better look, innocently trying her best to find the correct answer. “Three?”

Kyuhyun smiled warmly as he looked into her eyes.

“Then I will grant you three wishes, one wish for every inch.” 

I look up at the skylight you opened for me
And a length of sunlight, slides into my hand, three inches long
You said, this is the autumn sunlight in the palm
One inch is for one wish


“Eh?” Yoona’s eyes flickered in surprise. “Wish?”

Kyuhyun nodded confidently.

“Three wishes for you, my dear Yoona-ah.”

Yoona knew for sure, so sure, that only Kyuhyun could do this to her. Only Kyuhyun could make her smile like a little child when giving something. Only Cho Kyuhyun could make her feel so blissfully happy.

“I don’t know if you can handle all the things I want to wish for, though.” Yoona tried to sound playfully, but that did not succeed to hide her overwhelming excitement.

“Well, that depends on the wishes I’m afraid.”

“Well,” Yoona was determined to use her three wishes wisely, “I doubt you would be able to give me perfect scores for all my exams, right?”

Kyuhyun shook his head lightly, his fingertips softly touching her hair.

“If I could, I would be a true genius.”

“Yah, I’m not that stupid…” Yoona frowned like a child.

“Not that smart either, we’ve to admit the bitter truth.”

Yoona knew Kyuhyun was only joking, but it was true that sometimes, Kyuhyun intelligence was beyond her league. Kyuhyun may not outshine others in sport or dancing – his embarrassing dance would forever stay engraved in her memory – but his intelligence truly should not be underestimated. It was not the book smart that she was talking about. It was Kyuhyun’s knowledge, endless knowledge of life.

“I’ll grant you one wish today.”

Kyuhyun suddenly said, breaking the silence. He thought maybe he had hurt Yoona’s feelings with his joke just now, so he wanted to make up for it.

“Eh, really? But I don’t know what I want, though.”

“Anything,” He smiled warmly as he spoke, “anything you want, my dear Yoona-ah.”

Yoona’s eyes glistered with excitement as she carefully thought about it. Not that she had to think too long about it, since her wish was simple. She never asked for much, but she did selfishly long for sweet happiness for the rest of her life.

I wish the man I love to be healthy and kind-hearted
His big palm can tolerate my little stubbornness
Your romantic side can only be understood by me
Which would give wings to tears to fly away from my cheeks


“I wish…”

Yoona smiled confidently as she sat up, her eyes locked with Kyuhyun’s. It was a harmless wish every girl wished for.

“I wish for the man I love to be healthy, kind-hearted. I wish him to be able to tolerate my little childish stubbornness. And,” Yoona grinned playfully, “I want to be the only one who gets to see this romantic side of him that only I can understand. I want him to make my tears go away, and make me smile.”

Kyuhyun shook his head with a defeated sigh, his trade-mark smirk still lingering on his lips.

“You just wasted one whole wish on something you already have, Yoona-ah.”

He said before crushing his lips on hers, sealing the first wish.

-

“I’m going to fail so hard, Yoong…”

Yuri sighed defeated as she threw her book against the wall. Yoona could only chuckle at her childish action, even though deep inside she was just as desperate to throw books right now. The only thing that stopped her was that she cared about her books just enough to refrain herself from damaging them.

“It’s going to be alright, you can do it.” Yoona encouraged her.

“Yes, that’s easy for you to say, when your boyfriend is like inhumanely intelligent.” 

“Yah,” Yoona hit Yuri softly on the head, “it’s not a good thing at all, you know, having a boyfriend who is so smart. It gives pressure.”

It was true that Yoona felt pressured sometimes. She had always tried her best when it came to school, but nowadays, it feels as if she has to do more. More, to keep up with Kyuhyun.

“Don’t pressure yourself, Yoong. It’s not like Kyuhyun expects you to get grades like his. He just wants his girlfriend to do her best.” Yuri said concerned.

“I know, I know, I know. But you can’t help it, right?” Yoona sighed as she glanced at the book in front of her. “You want to look better in front of your boyfriend, right?”

She was most definitely not at the stage of skipping sleep few nights in a row, just in order to study a little more. She just put aside her less important things, like hanging out with friends, so she could spend more time deepening herself in the endless amount of pages she had to know for her exams.

“Well, then let’s make your boyfriend surprised!” Yuri exclaimed excitedly.

Yoona smiled, nodding determinedly before she threw herself in math again.  
-

“Kyuhyun-ah, don’t you know how late it is?”

Yoona asked Kyuhyun through the phone as she glanced at the clock. 00:23 AM. As much as she wanted to listen to Kyuhyun’s voice, she wanted to sleep. Tomorrow was the beginning of the first exams of the final year.

“I’m sorry for not letting you sleep yet, Yoona-ah, please don’t be angry at me.”

“You know I’m not.” Yoona sighed warmly. “Why did you call?”

“Well…” Yoona waited patiently for Kyuhyun to continue. “I wanted to make sure you get a good night rest tonight.”

Yoona smiled like a crazy teenage girl, slightly biting on her finger to stop herself from giggling in delight. She had the best boyfriend ever.

“And you think that what you’re doing right now isn’t preventing me from getting any sleep?” Yoona joked.

“Here I am, calling my girlfriend in the middle of the night, only to get accused of stealing her precious beauty sleep time. I’m hurt, Yoona-ah.”

“Stupid.” Yoona was smiling like a complete fool right now. “You overconfident fool.”

“Well, as much as I want to agree to it, wouldn’t it be quite mean to call your own boyfriend a fool?”

“Not when the boyfriend is Cho Kyuhyun.”

Yoona enjoyed every moment with Kyuhyun. Every little moment, she cherished it like a little child. Never had she been so happy in her life, and it was all thanks to Kyuhyun.

“And here the boyfriend is, wanting to reassure his girlfriend that everything is going to go just well tomorrow, and wanting to offer her lullabies so she can sleep well tonight. Maybe the boyfriend could have just gone to sleep and stop being such a romanticist.”

Yoona’s heart was beating inhumanly fast. She was certain, definitely certain, that only Kyuhyun could do this to her. Only Kyuhyun could make her feel so blissfully special.

“You… You called me… Just to make sure I get a good night rest?”

“Can’t help it that my girlfriend is like a little kid. I promised her that I’ll tolerate it, and make her smile only.”

“Cho Kyuhyun,” Overflowing happiness was clearly visible on her face, “you’re unbelievable.”

“I’ll take that as a compliment.” Kyuhyun cleared his throat before speaking, “Well, I think my childish girlfriend has to sleep right now.”

She was about to say something back, complaining about how he always calls her a child, when she was stopped by his soothing voice. For her, it was heavenly. It cleared her mind, and made her calm. She held her cell phone against her ear as went back into her bed, closing her eyes as tiredness filled her body. Kyuhyun’s voice drove all thoughts in her mind away, making it so easy for Yoona to fall into sleep.

Of course, not without a lingering smile on her lips as she slept peacefully.

“Isn’t she lovely, my dear Yoona?”




- - -




“Yoong, where’s your handsome boyfriend?”

Yuri asked curiously. Yoona gave her a weird look, but a chuckle escaped her lips before she could stop it.

“Stop calling him that.”

“But it’s true!”

Yuri said sincerely, making Yoona smile.

“He’ll start to get overly confident with all your praises.” Yoona grabbed the menu card, curiously looking at all the food she could order.

“He’s way too humble for that. Scrap that, he’s so cutely shy.” Yuri continued to praise him.

“Yah, I’m beginning to think that you like my boyfriend a little too much.” Yoona glanced up from the card, a beautiful smile lingering on her lips.

“I’d love to steal him from you, if only you weren’t my best friend and he so deeply in love with you.”

“Should I feel threatened right now?” Yoona raised an eyebrow, amusement showing on her face.

“Well, trust is a precious thing.”

“Aish, really, when have you become so good with words?”

Yuri smiled victoriously, “Learned it from Seunghyun. He talks nonsense all the time, but can’t deny that his choice of words is always brilliant.”

Seunghyun, the boy who seemed to hang out with Yuri a lot these days. Yoona wandered if he had her eyes set on her best friend, but he seemed like a good boy at heart.

“How is your-”

Yoona started, but got interrupted by a pair of hands that suddenly covered her eyes.

“Guess who’s here?”

Yoona could clearly hear Yuri’s overly excited squeal, and a bright smile was plastered on her lips as she had recognized his voice.

“Could it be my boyfriend?”

“Maybe.” The voice said warmly before moving his hands away. “Sorry for being late, Yoona.”

Yoona’s heart fluttered as she looked into his eyes. She could do so forever and never get bored by it, since they were so beautiful, so clear.

“I missed you, Changmin.”

Changmin wore a brilliant smile as he took place next to Yoona.

“And hello,” His voice was charming as he spoke, “Yuri. You look beautiful today.”

“Oh my God Yoona, he’s so perfect!” Yuri smiled gleefully.

“Yah, stop it, he isn’t.” Yoona grinned warmly. “He has a lot of flaws. But, even so,” Her eyes glistered, “I still love him dear.”

Yuri sighed as she looked at the loving couple in front of her.

“I want a boyfriend… I can’t take this anymore… I’m afraid I won’t be able to survive your wedding day if this continues.”

“Ah, yes!” Yoona shook Changmin’s arm excitedly. “When are we going to take the wedding pictures?”

“I’ve made an appointment for tomorrow so you can choose the dresses you would like to wear. Also, they told me that the wedding dress you loved so much has arrived, so you can try it on tomorrow.”

“Really?!”

She exclaimed happily, before giving her boyfriend a tight hug.

“I’m so happy!”

“Tell me, Changmin, how do you cope with her childishness?” Yuri asked as she looked at Yoona, who looked as she had returned to her child years.

“Well,” Gentleness swam in his eyes as he spoke, “I did promise her that I’ll embrace all her childishness, all her stubbornness, and love her with all my heart. I’ll only make her smile.”

The both of them looked each other in the eyes, confirming once again in their hearts that this was right, so undeniably right. Yoona knew for sure that it has to be Changmin. Nobody else would do.

“I love you.”

-

“Miss, here’s the wedding dress you wanted. You can try it on now, so we can make some adjustments if necessary.”

The female worker said politely as she showed Yoona the beautiful, stunning wedding dress she had desired for. Even by the look of it, Yoona could feel herself getting warm inside.

She was going to get married.

“I’ll help you with it, so please follow me.”

Yoona followed the petite girl silently, an unwavering smile complimenting her face. She had been waiting for this day to come. She had been patiently waiting. Yoona did not mind to wait; she certainly did not, when she knew Changmin would come eventually.

With the perfect wedding proposal, that is.

“Miss, you can change here. I’ll be just outside if you need any help. Take your time.”

The girl warmly as she pointed to the chair just next to the door of the changing room. Yoona nodded comprehensively.

“Thank you.”

“No problem.”

Yoona gave the worker one last smile, before closing the door, her eyes instantly glued onto the wedding dress in front of her. Her wedding dress. Changmin had told Yoona to not worry about anything, since he would make sure of everything. He had told Yoona to just enjoy everything while he prepared their wedding, and made sure to be the most beautiful bride that day. Yoona had kissed him a thousand times to thank him, but with one condition. She wanted to choose her own wedding dress and a matching wedding suit for Changmin. Of course, it was a condition Changmin agreed on without second thought.

Everything to make his Yoona happy.

Her eyes were shining the moment she looked at herself in the mirror, the wedding dress finally on. Deep inside, she was just yet another girl, a woman who wants to have an unforgettable wedding. Yoona just wanted to marry the man she loved, and wear the most beautiful wedding dress that day.

She quickly opened the door, and the first thing she saw was the girl sitting on the chair next to the door. The girl turned her head and upon seeing Yoona in the wedding dress, smiled widely.

“Whoa, miss, you look beautiful in it.”

She stood up and turned Yoona around, inspecting if the wedding dress fitted perfectly, or needed some small corrections.

“It’s a little loose at the waist, but no problem, I’ll make sure that it’ll fit you perfectly on your wedding day!”

“Ah,” Yoona said upon remembering, “if possible, I would like to have a red flower added here.” She pointed to the left side of her waist. “I don’t know if that’s possible?”

“A red flower? That’s special.” The girl said surprised.

“Ah, yes, it is.”

“But no problem! If you come with me, I can show you all we have. I’m sure you want to choose the flower you want.” The girl said, before adding, “Or did you want a real one?”

“A real one? Is that possible?”

“Of course. It’s rare, but still some people love the idea of having a real flower attached to their wedding dress or wedding suit. We can order the desired flower and put it on the dress or suit on the wedding day, no problem.”

A heavenly smile made its way on Yoona’s lips.

“Then I would like to have a real one, please!”

“No problem. Please follow me.”

The girl said with a nod, and Yoona followed her happily. Her eyes wandered around, trying to find Changmin. She wanted to know how he looked like in the wedding suit.

“Excuse me, I’ve a question.”

“Ah, yes?”

“There’s this special kind of rose, black magic, I wonder if it’s possible to choose that one?”

“Of course!”

A beaming smile made its way on Yoona’s lips. That was all she needed for her wedding dress to be perfect.

“Yoona!”

She turned around upon hearing her name being called. Her whole face brightened upon seeing Changmin in his wedding suit. No doubt, Changmin had just the right length and body built that made him look like a model in that suit. In Yoona’s eyes, he was perfect.

“Changmin…”

“You look beautiful, my bride.” He said with his most charming, yet gentle smile.

“And you… Look handsome, beyond handsome…”

She was wrong when she said that the flower was all she needed to perfect her wedding dress. Of course it was not.

Only when standing next to Changmin, would it be.




- - -




“For you.”

Yoona smiled brightly as she saw the bouquet in Kyuhyun’s hands.

“You didn’t have to.”

“Well, my girlfriend did such a terrific job on all her exams that I do think a little present would do no harm.” He said with his forever confident grin, but Yoona saw the happiness lingering in his eyes.

“You fool.”

“Well, will you accept the flowers given to you by a fool?”

Yoona covered with her hand to stop herself from getting to emotional. Kyuhyun had kneeled down in front of her, the beautiful bouquet in his hand.

“Will you?”

“Of course I will…” Yoona said as she accepted the flowers. “They are beautiful.”

“Black magic roses… Beautiful roses, just like you.”

Yoona looked at the flowers carefully, and indeed, they were beautiful.

“Thank you…” A joyful tear rolled down her cheek. “Thank you, Kyuhyun…”

“Yah, are you crying?” Kyuhyun shook his head slightly as his hand reached for his child-like girlfriend’s face, softly wiping off the tear.  “Don’t cry when you’re happy.”

“But-”

“I promised, right? I’ll make you happy. Every day, I’ll give you these roses. Every day, so that you know you’ll be loved by this fool yet another day, with endless amount.” He held onto her hand as he continued. “Even on the day we marry, this rose will be accompanying us.”



Oh dear, you must have been surprised, not? :D Not? :O I can finally explain some things now. The changyoon scenes are really important, and as you  may have realized, are linked to the first wish Yoona made. I'm being creative here, haha, but you may have realized that Changmin resembles the first wish she had, just like Kyuhyun. You may have also realized that Changmin is someone that exists in Yoona's life later, which explains why he was not there in the first chapter. He will continue to show up more and more, but I won't say anything more for now ;) And, changyoon or kyuna?? :D Until next time!! :D