Chapter 3

So Goodbye


It was 5 minutes to 6 but Jinki hyung was no where to be seen. I stood outside the cafe and pulled out my phone to call him. Just as I was dialling, a girl ran right into me and my phone nearly slipped from my hand.

"Sorry sorry!" the girl quickly apologised and ran into the store. It was almost just a split second and I couldn't see her face. But she had silky long straight dark brown hair tied into a neat pony tail. I found myself staring into the cafe to see how she looked like but she disappeared round the corner beside the bar counter.

"Ya Jonghyun! Sorry I'm late!" Jinki called out as he ran towards me. "What were you staring at?"

"Oh nothing. Just looking at the cafe," I replied.

"Let's go in," Jinki said as he opened the door.

It is a cosy cafe with warm lighting and great ambience. There were about 30 tables lined with sweet pink table cloth. On the right is the barista's counter and on the far back left handside was a relatively small stage with some band equipments and 2 microphone stands. Probably could accomodate a band of 5 people at most.

When we entered, the cafe was already busy and nearly full house since it was close to dinner time and its the weekend. The boss greeted us at the door and showed us to the stage.

"Make youselves comfortable. My staff Hyuk will help you with the sound and mic checks. 8pm sharp!" the lady boss told us cheerfully and left to attend to the customers who are starting to line up outside the cafe. Seems like she was just as excited as we were.

We did a brief sound check and decided to just rehearsal our duet without the mics. As we rehearsed at the side of the stage, I found myself unconsciously looking around the cafe for the girl with the pony tail. But the cafe was quite crowded, I could not spot her.

One minute to 8 and the boss came forth to the stage to introduce our performance. Jinki kicked off the show and performed his solo "I'm Yours" first and soon, I was up on the stage with the microphone in my hands. I don't know why but I was a little nervous though we've done larger-scale performance before.

"Nothing better... Nothing better..." I stopped halfway at the first chorus as I heard a commotion about 5 tables from the stage. A man who shouting rudely at the waitress.

It's her. The girl who knocked into me earlier. The girl with the pony tail.

The next thing I knew, I grabbed her hands and ran out of the cafe.