The Golden Trio

Annyeonghaseyo, Gege

(A/N: This is completely unedited. If you find a mistake, please tell me and I'll fix it ASAP. ^^) 

After his scouting at the SM Global Auditions Canada, Wu Fan was promptly shipped from Vancouver to Seoul without any knowledge of how to read or write Hangul. Hell, he’d already forgotten most of his Mandarin.

He soon joined the other trainees, befriending a boy with unnaturally bright eyes.

Three days later, a dancing prodigy arrived.

Although communication was initially difficult with Wu Fan’s language barrier, a bond formed over the trio.

Trying to pronounce names like Joonmyun and Jongin was like speaking with a lard of butter in his mouth, but the very first thing he did was memorize the names of his dorm mates and eventual team members. It was rare to catch a glimpse of the other two boys during the day amidst the stress of adapting to an unfamiliar environment and learning how to be a "k-pop idol."

All three hauled themselves into their shared dorm in the late evening. Wu Fan stayed holed up in front of the bathroom mirror with his dozens of serums and moisturizers for a good half hour before he joined the sounds of malevolent cackling and panicked shouting bouncing across the walls.

Jongin’s wide grin stretched from ear-to-ear as he ruthlessly destroyed his opponent in the latest video game he’d spent their shared allowance on, Joonmyun bashing the buttons on the wicked green controller with his sweaty thumbs helplessly.

"GAME OVER."

Wu Fan stared as Jongin leaped three feet into the air and banged his head on the ceiling.

Eventually, the incandescent glow of the small TV faded away and so did their earlier liveliness. Wu Fan snorted at the image of Jongin shooting up from his spot in front of the TV and moon walking every time he KO’d Joonmyun’s player character.

After snugly tucking in the other two, he tiptoed to his own bed and gingerly crawled in, exhaustion finally taking its toll on his body. Joonmyun spent the last of his energy rambling about his acting classes and trivial matters like his golf obsession. The excited murmurs slid through his ears soothingly until they became a hushed whisper and eventually silence.

Wu Fan promptly realized that he had limited time to fall asleep until Jongin would start snoring loudly enough to keep him awake for the rest of the night, so he buried himself in his warm comforter and left consciousness with one final thought.

He was going to be in EXO-K.

 

 

 

 

 

 

One year later, four new trainees joined them and Wu Fan was transferred to EXO-M.