God should learn to give details!

An Angel Just for Jang Hyunseung

December 17, 20XX

  I looked from left to right and from right to left. Sighing, I walked towards a shop. 'SHINee' It's name plate wrote proud and shiny. I entered the shop nervously. I was just sent by God from heaven to Earth.

  "Jaesoon-ah, you've lived here for around 17 years, in the care of all these nice and kind angels and me. You've seen me turn wicked angels to fallen angels. You've witnessed my rage. You've seen me granting wishes of those who did good deeds and you've seen me punish those who followed the path of darkness. Today, I will give you your first and last mission. The mission that you were created for. I'm sorry that you cannot live here any more." God said to me with sad eyes.

  "But why?" I asked. "Why can't I stay? Are you banishing me? What wrong have I done?" I kept firing questions at him.

  "You have done nothing wrong my child. In fact, you are one of the purest angels. It is a mission, a job. Listen Jaesoon, I created you for one human only. You have to act as his gaurdian angel, just in a human form. Do you understand?"

  "Yes, I do. Please forgive me for asking you so many questions. May I ask you who that human would be?"

  "His name is Jang Hyunseung. He's beautiful and dangerous. He is 4D, lives in his own world and is very talented. Now, I have to go. It's raining time for Earth. Oh, and please leave within 2 days. Jang Hyunseung needs you."

  "But, I have---" He left. I wanted to ask him what this Jang Hyunseung looks like and where he lives. Sigh...

 

  "Welcome! Ah, I see you're a new customer! Please come in." A boy who looked like a dinosaur said looking at me.

  He led me to a table. Ah, this is a restaurant. It's a small place but quite cozy.

  "What would you like, sir?" A different boy asked me this time. He looked like a girl but I was sure he was a boy considering his flat chest.

  "Actually, I just----" I couldn't finish my sentence because some other boy interrupted me.

  "Yah! Are you hitting on my Taeminnie?" A cat like diva butted in.

  "Huh?" I said, confused.

  "Aish....hyung, he doesn't look like a ert. Cut some slack!" This time a frong voiced out.

  "Cut some slack? Last time I did that, my Taeminnie was being bullied by those es of a girl! Even dogs are nice and playful!" The cat retorted.

  "What's going on?" A voice boomed across the room.

  "Onew hyung, there you are! Key hyung is being suspicious again," The frog told the new guy.

  I looked at them all one by one. A dinosaur, a boy who looks like a girl, a cat, a frog and an Onew.

  "Key-ah, don't be so worried all the time. It's not good for you," Then Onew turned around and faced me,"I've very sorry. Key is just over-protective of his brother. I'm Onew. This is Minho, Key, Taemin and Jonghyun!" He pointed at the frog, the cat, the girly boy and the dinosaur respectively.

  I bowed 90 degrees,"Hello and nice to meet you. My name is Junhyung."

  They all bowed back.

  "Actually, I wanted to ask if you know a guy called Jang Hyunseung," I continued from earlier.

  "Jang Hyunseung? Why?" The Key guy looked at me suspiciously. This guy is creepy.

  'Because God told me to find him and look after him.' Instead, I answered,"Our fathers are good friends and I'm going to study in his school. My father told me to make good friends with him."

  Key was going to fire me with some more questions when Onew saved me. He told me where this Jang Hyunseung is. Thank God! Even though he's the reason why I'm struggling. After thanking him, I headed towards Jang Hyunseung's place.

  When I got there, I was shocked. It was a huge house designed in Victorian style. The walls were creamy white and the roof top was coffee coloured. The door was wooden, painted white. There were three floors altogether, each with a balcony except the bottom one. There was a garden full of shrubs, trees and orchids. The windows were arch shaped and obviously transparent. The curtains were purple and covered most of them. A small view of the rooms could be seen. I pressed the bell after a good five minutes. The door slowly opened, like some dramatic scene in a movie when a beautiful woman comes out and the man falls in love with her. My jaw dropped. The person in front of me was undeniably beautiful. He had orange curly hair with brown deer-like eyes and thin light pink lips. A faint blush of pink showed on his face. He had a slim and tall figure.

  "Yes?" His voice lingered in my ears for a while.

  I snapped out of my daze and introduced myself,"I'm Yong Junhyung, your father's friend's son." I said exactly what God told me to. I would be welcomed with that.

  "Oh! Please come in. Dad told me about you," He took me to the living room.

  The room was huge. There was a portrait of a queen hung on the wooden wall. There was a round purple-ish pink table in the middle of the room surrounded by four sofas, each one in the direction of north, south, east and west. The room was decorated with different Christmas ornaments. (Christmas is about to come) A huge star hung above our heads on the ceiling. There was a pendulum clock next to a cupboard. On top of the cupboard, there were a telephone set and a vase full of flowers, red roses to be exact. A long staircase in the very right of the room. I could see the kitchen from where I stood.

  The boy bowed 90 degrees. I copied his action. He asked me to sit down and I obediently listened to him. It was like a natural instinct. He sat down too.

  He introduced himself properly,"Hello, my name is Jang Hyunseung, the only son of my father and mother. I have a younger sister called Jang Geurim and you are not allowed to flirt with her or even look at her in that way. "

  I nodded. Once again, natural instincts. Hyunseung asked me if I needed any thing. I answered no. Afterwards, he led me to my room upstairs. My mouth opened a little as my eyes widened. The room was black and red. There was a big bed on the window side and a bookcase beside another door which I assumed leads to the bathroom and the toilet. Above it, there was a cuckoo clock. A wardrobe sided next to the door and a study desk next to it.

  "This is my room?" I asked, awe-stricken.

  "Yes, it is. I did tell you I'll take you to your room, right?"

  "Yeah...It's amazing!" I breathed out.

  "I decorated it," Hyunseung smiled.

  I admired his beauty. "Thanks."

  "I guess I should go. My room is across the hallway if you need me. It's the one with the yellow plate."

  "See you."

  He left. I closed the door and threw myself onto the bed. It was soft. I took out my diary from my bag. I'd say it's lame but it's really special. Sunye noona gave it to me for my upcoming birthday. It's on December 19. If I write something in here, then noona can read it up there. She has a book just like mine. It's kind of like chatting on the internet. We don't have the internet in heaven anymore. God banished it when we got too caught up in that. We didn't have much angel contact because chat rooms are real convenient. Although humans think we angels are hard-working, we're actually quite lazy...like them. I started to write:

Dear Sunye noona,

        I've arrived on Earth safely. It's a pretty good place but I miss heaven already. I miss those fluffly white clouds. So how's everyone doing? Has Sunny noona recovered from the cold? Are Sungyeol and Minzy still pranking angels? How's Yoseob? And you? Have you returned to heaven from Venus?

       I've met Jang Hyunseung. He really is beautiful. I wish you could see him. I'm really tired so I'm going to sleep now. I'll write to you more later. I must tell you about my encounter with the weirdest creatures!

                                                                                                                                                                       Yours,

                                                                                                                                                                            Jaesoon

(P.S. Could you tell God to learn how to give details? He really needs to. I got lost during my search for Jang Hyunseung. Luckily, I found those weird creatures.)

 

  I closed the diary and fell into a deep slumber.