We Didn't Expect It

My Knight in Shining UMBRELLA!



As what I expected, Soohyun tease me again after hearing my story.


“If not mute…” she is trying hard not to laugh “I think he has no teeth… that is why he is afraid to speak.”


“Stop it! Will you?” I was so irritated by what she was saying “Later, I will really find a chance to meet him again and confront him of what is he really trying to do!” I was trying to sound calm.


*****


But unfortunately, I didn’t fulfill what I said earlier.


I went again to the tree and as what is always happening, I meet him AGAIN. This time, I got a little information about him.


Baekhyun... Byun Baekhyun is his name.


And he is working in the entertainment building near our house.


I rarely hear Baekhyun talk. If he talks without any question being brought up, it seems so unlikely to him.


Baekhyun just share his umbrella with me until I climb in the bus and then find out that he’s gone—like a bubble.
I had a funny dream that night.


Funny, because even inside of my room, I can see Baekhyun, standing and holding an umbrella.


Night after night, I always dream of Baekhyun not leaving my side, seems like he is protecting me from any harm.


*****


I was thinking deeply of how to find more information about him.


“Soohyun, I have a plan. With this, I can get more information about Baekhyun.” I beamed.


“Really?” she grinned and seemed excited. “So, what is the plan?”


I gestured her to come closer and smirked. “Simple. For us to discover the truth behind that Baekhyun’s background, we must come to his office.”


“Good idea!” she cheered “Come on, I will come with you!”


We didn’t really have a hard time finding the entertainment building he’s working for. When we arrived at the building, Soohyun became more excited.


“So, this is where you said Baekhyun is working?” she asked.


“Yes.” I answered. “So?”


“Are you crazy?” she seemed to be confused “I think he is one of the trainees here. Oh, dear! You are so lucky when you will be his girlfriend. Many girls will be jealous of you.”


Her words just sink in to me. I didn’t mind if he is really a trainee or not. I just feel so nervous.


We asked somebody and are directed to the Personnel Department.


“Byun Baekhyun?” The guard seemed to suspects us. “What is your relation towards Mr. Byun?”


“Uhmm…” I didn’t know what to say.


“Cousin!” Soohyun bolted in.


The guard looks to me for an answer. I turn to Soohyun; we clearly know that I wasn’t Kyuhyun’s cousin. But I got her message.


“Oh! Yeah right! Cousin!” I forced a smile.


The guard does not seem to be convinced with our answer but somehow he directed us to the Chief of the Personnel Department and thankfully she was easy to converse.


“Have a seat!” she offered but she was looking intently at me.


“Ma’am, I haven’t received any news with my… cousin.” I wasn’t really good with lying. “We are looking for Mr. Byun Baekhyun.”


“So, you didn’t receive it yet?” the Chief asked.


“Re… receive? Wh… what?” A mixture of confusion and anxiety were drowning my mind.


“It is already one month… one month when Baekhyun passed away.” The Chief really did answer what I have feared. “Actually, this last February 3 is his death monthsary.”


Soohyun and I were totally speechless. We were so shocked ‘bout the news we heard.


She continues talking. We discover that Baekhyun’s death was tragic. He was engaged to be married to his fiancée, Shin Hae Sung, her office is also near to this building.


Sometimes, if Baekhyun will overtime, he will deliver first his fiancée to the bus stop before going home.
Without even my permission, my tears start falling.


“… He really loves HaeSung. He was really a gentle fiancé, he always brings umbrella and oh, he will really get HaeSung just to share with her his umbrella. But unfortunately, the bus where HaeSung rode was involved in an accident which caused her death.” The Chief explain.


“Wh… what happened to Baekhyun after?” I eagerly want an answer.


“He was out of his self; he drove like crazy and was also involved in another accident.” The Chief really sounded sorry forBaekhyun. “His car crashed, only one week after HaeSung’s burial. I think he didn’t accept the fact that his fiancée was gone.


After a long conversation, we bid goodbye to the Chief.


But before we could even turn our backs, the Chief added another phrase.


“You know dear, to be honest, I was so shocked when I see you earlier. I thought HaeSung lived again. You both really look the same. Looks like you’re twins.”


-----THE END-----


HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF… BUT SOMETIMES ON THE WRONG WAY! ♥