CHAPTER 2

You annoy me.

He was catching his breath and wiping beads of sweat on his forehead when he arrived in front of his new dorm. He was so nervous that he couldn’t even think straight since the second he left his house. Hyukjae’s home was thirty minutes away from school, yet his father didn’t even budge to give him a sympathetic ride. Who’d thought his parents would send him alone to live in the school’s dorm because of the warning letter they’ve received from the school’s authority? The first semester has just started yet their son has already accumulated four lates in just a week. To think that Hyukjae is only entitled to attend classes five times a week, he only missed a day of being late. How punctual can he be? His eyes searched for the main entrance and as he laid his eyes on it, he could only sigh. He slung his gray duffle bag on his shoulder and carried his other luggage as his feet dragged him in the school’s dorm. He was greeted by a very creepy and dull interior as he made his way to the information desk making his face grim in fear.

“Good morning. I am Lee Hyukjae, the new tenant in this dorm.“ He mumbled, only loud to hear by the old lady who was busy playing spider solitaire on the computer. She pushed her glasses up to the bridge of her nose and turned her head towards the latter with a small frown.

“Student number.” She coldly demanded, clearly annoyed someone has interrupted her match with the old machine.

“01510862013.” The old lady faced the computer and started typing something cannot be seen from the counter. She was probably searching for Hyukjae’s school records.

“Fourth floor. Room 405. Here’s the key.” She handed him the key and he could only mumble a small thank you in return.

“By the way, kid. You have a roommate and he’s probably there right now.”

“R-roommate?” Hyukjae stuttered like an idiot, receiving a cold stare from the witch.

“Yes, ma’am. Of course. A roommate.” He nervously chuckled and thanked the receptionist for the last time. He was about to take the elevator when the old lady shouted that it doesn’t cater tenants living from first to fifth floor leaving him no choice but to take the damn stairs and carry all of his heavy bags on the way. She smirked at him, obviously fascinated by the fact she intimidate others.

Hyukjae surprisingly succeeded in carrying all of his bags upstairs without having stopovers. He let his luggage fall on the floor as he rummaged his pockets for the key, wiping sweat on his neck with his free hand at the same time. Before he could make use of the key, the door suddenly flew open revealing his groggy roommate.

“What the hell was that noise?” The person inside grumpily muttered with his head down while ruffling his hair, as if he just woke up from a deep slumber. He unconsciously leaned on the doorframe for support as his eyes scanned the corridor.

“Y-YOU!?” Both of them shouted in unison with eyes wide open, their voice echoing to the dorm’s narrow hallway.

“Lee Donghae?” Hyukae can’t believe his eyes. He lightly pushed the other and closed the door to see if he was mistaken, but much to his dismay, he wasn’t. The stainless door number screamed 405.

“You live here?!” He exclaimed but the other’s eyes spoke for him instead.

“I can’t believe this.” He anxiously muttered to no one in particular and ran back from where he came, leaving his bags lying on the carpeted floor.

 

 

He created a loud thud as his body crashed against the wooden counter from before and the old receptionist almost jumped up from her seat and held her chest tightly.

“What the—“

“Room 405? Was it really 405?” Hyukjae breathlessly questioned her and she could only raise her eyebrows in response. She almost ignored his foolish question when she returned her attention to the abandoned desktop and gave out an annoyed sigh.

“C-can’t I change rooms?” He impulsively added, desperation visible in his voice.

“There are no more vacant rooms here, Mr. Hyukjae. You’re always free to leave if you don’t want it here.” She can be really indifferent if she wanted to, but Hyukjae was just too desperate to give up so early.

“Or at least find someone willing to change rooms with me? Plea—”

“Are you crazy? And what the heck is wrong with room 405, by the way? You’re not a kid anymore, so you might as well stop whining like a ten year old and get back there.” She shamelessly scolded making him cringe in surprise. Some students on their way out glanced on their direction but quickly left the dorm when they realized it was none of their business.

“But— but my roommate is a bully!” He dramatically explained making the old lady sigh in exasperation.

“You—“

“No, I’m not.” Someone butted in, making both of them silent.

“Donghae..” Hyukjae quietly mumbled with a sigh, making the other shrug.

“I won’t even touch you. So if I were you, just go back upstairs and fix your things now. Stop wasting time cause you only have ten minutes before the classes start.” Donghae reminded him while glancing at is watch.

“I have to go now.” Donghae smirked, leaving the monkey and the witch dumbfounded.

 

 

 

He entered his class five minutes after the bell and immediately lowered his head when he realized that everybody was looking at him. He has no idea but the professor was probably shooting daggers on his direction, making him cringe on his way to his seat.

“Still tardy, Mr. Lee Hyukjae?” The teacher finally spoke making the whole class giggle. He looked up to meet his sharp gaze and mumbled an apology. He promised him that he will try his best not to be late again.

“Yes, of course. At least make an effort to wake up early.” The class was about to throw another fit of giggles, but not until the old professor hushed them. When the lecture started, Hyukjae was suddenly feeling uncomfortable in his seat. Not because it was made of plain hard wood, but he felt like somebody was watching his every move and he’s not comfortable with the idea of it. He tried looking around, but everyone in the class seemed focused on the lesson. He sighed and thought that maybe he was just being paranoid. Gradually, he relaxed on his seat again but it didn’t last a minute when he felt the same uncomfortable aura from before. He slowly turned his head to his back and he was met by a very disturbing gaze from his classmate. Donghae. The latter was staring right through his soul and he couldn’t fathom why. Donghae was wearing a very indifferent expression, giving him creeps. Before he could ask him why he was staring, Donghae quickly averted his gaze to the board, acting as if nothing unusual happened. He seems nice and quiet, anyway. Maybe there’s nothing to fear about rooming with him. Hyukjae shrugged, making himself believe his own thoughts.

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note:

Hi there! It has been decades since I last updated. Oh well. Hello Summer! ♥

I actually missed writing. I just had to stop because I don't have any idea what to write next. Having so much unfinished fics here on AFF.. makes me wanna cry and hug my momma. Haha. Kidd! Anyway. I hope you enjoyed this. If only I'm smart, experienced, and awesome enough to write nice fics I wouldn't let you wait for story updates. If only it was easy enough for me to write english fics.. But no. I'm not good enough, and it's obviously not easy to write in english. Uhm. Idk. I just write when I feel like writing. Nothing interesting...... Hm. Okay, bye. I know I'm already blabbering. Haha. Thanks! 

 

OH OH AND OH. I WANT TO WATCH SS5! :'(