CHAPTER 1

You annoy me.

Hyukjae was impatiently tapping a pen on his desk, barely creating an audible noise. He uncomfortably shifted on his seat for the umpteenth time, completely uninterested with whatever his Physics professor was blabbering about. He carefully glanced at his watch, wishing the long hand will finally struck to 12 so the class will be dismissed by then. But much to his dismay, there was still a quarter left before noon. He then averted his gaze back to the white board full of confusing formulas and continued to play with his pen.

 

“Hey.” Someone tapped his shoulder. He looked back only to be greeted by a cold stare from his fellow classmate.

“Will you stop that?” The latter half growled at him, eyeing the pen on his grip. Hyukjae seemed to be fazed for a second, confused with what he was talking about. But when realization dawned on to him, he silently mumbled a quick apology and avoided the other’s intimidating gaze.

“Any problem there at the back Mr. Lee Donghae?” The professor asked, sending chills down Hyukjae’s spine. ‘He isn’t going to scold us, is he?’ Hyukjae nervously thought.

“Nothing, Sir.” Donghae cockily replied with a shrug, adding a little stress to the last part. The professor just rolled his eyes at his disrespectful remark and continued on his lecture. Hyukjae sighed in relief and smiled to himself.

 

 

Just 6 more freaking minutes left.

 

Hyukjae gradually stashed his things into his bag without the teacher noticing it. His other classmates started doing the same, as if it was the most natural thing to do in the middle of a class. The whole room was becoming louder as the students started to murmur, and groan in relish as they stretched their body out.

 

“Hey. The bell hasn’t rang yet.” Their professor matter-of-factly stated. The whole room suddenly fell silent, leaving an awkward atmosphere and making it hard to make such sounds as breathing.

“Just kidding.” The professor chuckled at their mortified expression and dismissed the class 3 minutes early.

 

 

As if 3 minutes was of any help.

 

Hyukjae involuntarily shook his head and groaned in exasperation. He lifted himself off his seat while carrying his gray duffle bag, and left the room without a word. His feet mindlessly carried him to the cafeteria, ready to fulfill his stomach needs. His eyes carefully scanned what’s available in the food bar, but still ended up ordering the same old meal he’s been getting since then. Chicken, White sauce pasta, and Orange Juice. He sat on the last table in the cafeteria and carelessly stashed his bag on the other seat.

 

Whatever, I’m hungry.

 

He victoriously smiled and started digging in as soon as he lifted his utensils. ‘It was worth the wait, My love.’ He mentally spoke to the chicken and chuckled to his crazy self. As he was busy indulging himself with his favorite meal, someone heedlessly pushed his bag away from the seat next to him and sat on it, making him choke in annoyance.

 

“Hey! Can you be more considerate?” He blew up.

“Why? Is there a problem?” His face fell when he realized who it was. Lee Donghae. That bastard.

“Yes, there is. What the hell is wrong with you? Being rude to people who doesn’t even talk to you.” Hyukjae mindlessly scolded him, shaking his head in disappointment. The other just remained silent and unfazed as he just started munching on his lunch, ignoring Hyukjae’s snarky scolding.

“Why sit here of all places? There are plenty of vacant seats far from me. Aish!” Hyukjae ranted to himself, audible enough for the other to hear. Donghae slightly threw his utensils to his plate, making a clamping sound, and glared at Hyukjae.

“Just shut the up and continue eating. Besides, I can’t stand being with people flirting around me that’s why I chose to sit with you.” Donghae spat.

“Why me of all people?” He innocently asked, making the other smirk.

“Because people stay away from you.”

“Y—you!!” Hyukjae yelled, his voice echoing in the whole cafeteria. It’s a good thing there are only few students inside.

“Aish!” The latter pulled his plate on the other side of the table and angrily plopped down on his seat.

“You are so annoying, Lee Donghae.” He complained, but the other just shrugged in return.

 

After they finished eating in , Hyukjae was the first one to leave and his feet automatically brought him to his haven of peace.

 

The dance studio.

 

He slowly opened the door and peeked inside. The room was well lit and lively as usual.

 

 

Because I can’t sleep till you’re next to me. No, I can’t live without you no more.

 

The whole room was thumping with a loud upbeat music, Craig David’s voice echoing through the walls. He quietly sneaked into the room and watched the two teenagers who look like siblings move their bodies in sync with the beat. He carefully sat down in one corner, not wanting to distract the two from their rehearsals.

‘I can dance well too, but not this good..’ Hyukjae thought to himself. He watched the two, to which he assumed siblings in awe and mindlessly clapped his hands after they made their last move. The two slightly jumped in surprise by his sudden presence.

“Who—who are you?”

“I’m sorry for startling you.” He apologized.

“I’m Lee Hyukjae.” He held out his hand for them to shake and the two gladly shook it.

“Hi. I’m Lee Taemin.”

“and this is my classmate, Kim Jong-in.”

“Hello. Kai for short.”

“C—classmate? I thought you’re siblings. Well, sorry for assuming that.” He let out an awkward chuckle, causing the two to join him.

“Actually, many also think that way.”

“Oh.” Hyukjae mumbled, checking his reflection in the mirror.

“I assume you’re older than us, hyung.” Taemin carefully stated.

“I think so. I’m a junior.” He flashed his gummy smile.

“We’re sophomores.” Kai interjected.

“By the way. We’ll be heading out, you can use the room now if you want, hyung.”

“No! Actually..” Hyukjae scratched the back of his head.

“I’m not here to practice.”

“Eh? Then what are you doing here then, hyung?” Taemin curiously asked.

“Just to release some stress, I guess. Cause there’s someone in my class who’s getting into my nerves.” The two nodded in understanding.

“Do you happen to belong in class 3 – EHTM?”

“Yes. Why do you ask?”

“Oh.. nothing. My hyung belongs to that class too.” Taemin cheerfully replied.

“Really? Who? There are lots of Lee in our class.”

“Uhm. I think it’s the one who pissed you off.”

“Pissed me? Who? Wait— what? Lee Donghae’s your hyung??” The two of them nodded in unison.

“What the— but how did you know it was him who pissed me off?”

“Cause my brother does it to everyone. All the time.” He pouted.

 

Does it to everyone?

All the time?

 

OH GOD. I NEED TO CHANGE CLASSES.

 

 

___________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Comments? Suggestions?

 

Is it too boring? Too common?

 

Should I continue?

 

or should I stop?

 

 

Thank you! :')