Morning

Every Night's Savior

 

Ok so obviously I decided to make this a chaptered fic. Thank you so much for all your comments! I'm kind of amazed I got 40 subscribers in just one night. You are all absolutely wonderful. I hope this fic will live up to your expectations =D

 

Tao blinked his eyes lazily as the sleepy fog that surround his brain slowly cleared. He then snuggled closer into Kris’s chest, absorbing the heat he found there. After a few moments he rolled over and looked into his leader’s sleeping face once again. He ran his fingers along the long slant of his face, marveling at its elegant, yet manly beauty. It was amazing how much of a contrast this peaceful face was to the intimidating face he met just one year ago.

~~

Tao couldn’t stop shaking. The last few days had been such a whirlwind of life changing events he couldn’t think straight. Had he actually he gotten signed to SM Entertainment… the SM? Was he actually in Korea right now? He couldn’t actually be started training already could he? His head just wouldn’t stop spinning as he tried to take in his surroundings while he followed the manager to the training room. His eyes tried to absorb all the famous faces on the walls and his knees simply tried not to buckle.

As they neared the room he could hear music playing. Sweat started bead around his forehead and neck as he tried to come up with the words to say. ‘.’ His mind was blank. ‘What were the words he had spent so much time memorizing???’

It took him a few moments to realize that not only had the music in the room stopped playing, but a large group of young boys was staring at him. He his lips and gulped as he stared at the group in fear. He could win national wushu competitions but he couldn’t think of two freaking sentences?

‘Bow! I have to bow,’ he thought suddenly, quickly bending his body into a 90 degree angle. That’s when it finally hit him. As he started to straighten back up he finally remembered.

안녕하세요. 이림은타우입니다.부탁드림나다.” (Hello, my name is Tao. Please take care of me). The wave of relief that began to wash over him quickly dissipated as he looked around and saw over half the group snickering.

 ‘Did he say something wrong? Was his pronunciation really that horrible?’ He didn’t have time to muddle it over though because now the manager was speaking to him in words he didn’t understand and ushering him to join the rest of the trainees. The next four hours were a blur as he tried to learn the complex dance routine. His body was built for the forceful, sharp motions of wushu, not the fluid movements of dance. The way some of the boys moved left him in awe. How would he ever get the chance to debut with talents like this to compete with?

When the trainees were finally given a break, Tao sprinted to his water. As he collapsed against the wall he wished he had thought to bring another shirt, his current one was so drenched in sweat that it left rashes all along his chest. He tried to ignore it and instead focused on memorizing the faces around him. They were all so beautiful… Every time he scanned the room he seemed to come back to one face in particular. It was downright scary. The boy had a long face and sharp chin. Sweat-soaked black hair had fallen out of the now loose ponytail and framed the face. But what stood out the most were his eyes. Those dark piercing eyes terrified him. They seemed to bore into scull and see the fear that was hidden inside it. They could see how inadequate he felt, how inadequate he was. They saw that he didn’t speak Korean. They saw that he couldn’t dance as well as the others. They saw that he was just a lost little boy among a pack wolves and he was ready pounce.

‘Holy he’s actually pouncing.’ Tao’s eyes widened in fear as the boy with the piercing eyes and harsh lips approached him. Would he actually get into his first fight here, in Korea, on his first day as an SM trainee? Yes apparently he was because that boy was reaching out. ‘He’s actually going to hit me… wait, what?”

“I said, take it.”

Tao shook his head. He looked down at his feet and saw a dry red shirt lying there. When he looked back up, the boy had already started to walk away. Tao just sat there dumbfounded until their dance instructor barked something and everyone began to gather on the dance floor once again. Without thinking he quickly swapped the shirts and moved to the dance floor as well. It wasn’t until the music had started that he realized he had actually understood what the boy had said. Was he Chinese as well?

~~

Tao smiled at how naïve he had been then and removed his hand from the leader’s face. Careful not to wake the sleeping man or the other members in the room he slowly crept from the bed and made his way back to his own room. Hopefully, he would get there before his manager woke up.

It was another hour before Kris woke. With his eyes still closed he reached out to the body he thought was lying beside him. When his hand hit the mattress he finally opened his eyes and groaned. Would he ever be able to see that beautiful boy’s face in the morning? A peaceful, well rested face? A face that he was sure would scrunch in cute ways as the muscles awakened. A face that was so beautiful he considered it torture to be so close to it, but unable to touch it. A face he wished was his.

Kris sighed into his pillow. ‘It doesn’t matter,’ he thought. ‘I’ll give him what he needs… even if he doesn’t love me.’