Apartment

I'm straight, I think....

Chap Two

 

 

The apartment needed work.

 

That was the first thought that came to both Jongin’s and Sehun’s mind.

 

Everything in the apartment was covered with a thin layer of dust, which was to be expected due to the lack of occupancy by an owner. But other than a need for cleaning and a little decoration, the place was perfect; equipped with white washed walls, mahogany flooring and the presence of decent furniture – it had a pastel, wooden theme, giving off a warm and inviting feeling of home already.

 

Moving to explore the place, Jongin went ahead first, leaving Sehun by the doorway.

“Take off your shoes first!” The younger male shouted after him, exasperated over Jongin’s lack of common sense.

“Stop being such a whiny nag Sehun, you remind me of a girl!” Came back a playful retort from the hallway.

 

“… Idiot.” Sehun grumbled in annoyance to himself, sitting by the doorway to take off his shoes before stepping into their new home. Doesn’t Jongin know that he is creating more of mess for us to clean by threading shoe dirt into our home? I swear, that guy must be born part moron. “Sehun ah, there is only one bathroom but I’m sure you don’t mind sharing since we are both guys and I am also taking the only bed in the bedro-”

 

“No you aren’t!” Sehun interrupted with urgency before standing and running towards the hallway. No way in hell was he, Oh Sehun, going to sleep on the cold and hard floor because his douchebag best friend claimed the comfortable bed first. He was a fragile little flower that needed pampering to bloom every day, sleeping on the floor would snap and break his back into a million pieces. Sehun had tried sleeping on the floor once on a camping trip and when he woke up the next day, his back had hurt so much that he swore never to lay on the floor ever again. “Yah, Kim Jongin! The bed is mine and I am not going to take-”

 

Jongin smirked evilly as disbelief struck across Sehun’s face, who was also stunned midway in speech.

Three… two… one… “Kim Jongin, do you want to die?!” Screamed the younger male, throwing out a dirty glare.

“You should see the look on you face, Sehunnie!” Guffawed Jongin, clutching his stomach in uncontrollable laughter.   

 

There were two single beds in the bedroom, instead of one. Sehun had gullibly fallen for Jongin’s childish little trick and he really was not amused with the trick. They hadn't even started living togther and Jongin had already accompished the role of being an annoying room-mate! Also Jongin’s deep, breathy chuckles were starting to get on Sehun's nerves. “It isn’t that funny, you douche! Now stop laughing or you’ll regret it!” Sehun threatened seriously, stalking towards the older male with his luggage bag in hand. “But Sehunnie- I just hahaha- can’t ahaha get over your- hahaha face-”

 

“Stop it, I mean it.” Sehun growled, each word spoken with punctuated force.

“But I hahaha- can’t aha- your face - ahaha is gold-” Jongin strugged to speak, still laughing.

“... You asked for it!” A battle cry from Sehun ensued, followed by a loud crash resounding in the bedroom.

 

“... I can't believe you just threw that at me!

Jongin shouted in disbelief, sending a glare to his bestfriend.

And Sehun looked just as much in shock, “Jongin, I-I didn't... mean-” 

Sehun had actually thrown his heavy luggage bag in the elder male's direction.

 

“I’m sorry, Jongin…” Began Sehun hesitantly, as he slowly walked towards the other male.

“Just grab your bag and unpack your stuff.” Jongin spoke coldly, pointing at the bag that was thrown at him.

Which Sehun did quickly, running to Jongin’s side of the bedroom to pick up the offending object.   

 

“…Jongin please, I’m sorry okay?” Sehun apologised again, voice meek and decreasing in volume, trying to seek forgiveness with his angry best friend. But instead of forgiving him, Jongin was giving him the cold shoulder, not even sparing a glance at Sehun while starting to unpack him own luggage bag. And Sehun was feeling more terrible by the second, as continuous waves of helplessness overcame him. It was stupid, really stupid of him, for throwing his bag at Jongin. He didn’t mean to do it honestly, Sehun was consumed with impulsive anger, blinded by his own lack of thought.   

 

, why are you so stupid, Oh Sehun? Which kind of best friend throws things at each other?! And you are still expecting Jongin to forgive you so easily? Sehun berated himself, clenching his fingers into a tight fist around the handle of his own bag. You’ve could have hurt him seriously if Jongin hadn’t jumped away in time! “Jongin, I just –  please,” Taking a deep breath to gather himself, Sehun tried apologising again, “I really am sorry. Please don’t ignore me, like I’m invisible when I am obviously right next to you, it hurts and I don’t want to lose the friend I have known forever-”

 

“I’ve heard enough, Sehun.” Jongin interrupted, his back still facing Sehun. “I get it, you’re sorry. So just stop.”

“Then-” The younger could already feel tears threatening to overflow from his eyes, “why aren’t you looking at me?”

 

And the next thing Sehun knew, Jongin turned around with an amused smirk, without even a tiny bit of anger. “Well… because I take pleasure in acting mad to make baby Sehun cry,” Jongin teased haughtily, forcing himself to stop laughing as a look of realisation spread across Sehun’s face.  “It is really fun, teasing my best friend and somehow he never fails to fall under the trap of my little tricks. But I know that he will never have the heart to stay mad at me forever and he should know that I can never stay mad at him either.” Jongin explained gently, moving towards Sehun to squeeze him in a tight embrace. “You are such a gullible and naive baby, Sehunnie.”

 

“Oh…. What is wrong with you?!” Sehun groaned loudly, pushing Jongin away; but he stubbornly stayed glued to the younger, only tightening his arms even more. “Kim Jongin, you horrid, evil douchebag of a bastard! When will you ever stop with the childish tricks? Stop taking advantage of my emotions!” Sehun complained irritably, though a calming sense of relief relaxed him as he realised that Jongin wasn’t really angry. “Now get off me or I’ll stop being best friends with you!”

 

“Buing buing, Sehunnie.” Jongin squeaked in a high baby voice, using a hand to make cute crying motions.

“Buing this, you idiot.” Sehun growled while landing a palm on the elder male’s face to forcefully push him away.

“But Sehunnie!” A childish whine left the Jongin as his best friend escaped from his hold.

 

“What.”

“Do buing buing for me.”

“Just drop dead, Jonginnie.”

 

Later in the day, evening.

 

“Honey, I’m home!” Jongin announced loudly once he stepped into the apartment, carrying a bag of groceries. 

“Tell me that I misheard you calling me that.” Sehun deadpanned, looking up from the magazine he was reading.  

“But honey, we are practically married and living together.” Jongin laughed, enjoying Sehun’s unamused face.

 

Having spent the whole afternoon cleaning and decorating, the apartment now sparkled beautifully, the layer of dust long gone and there was now a lingering and refreshing scent of flowery soap everywhere. There was also a nice feature wall behind next to the television, covered with photographs – fond memories with family and friends. And the largest, most eye-catching picture on it was of Sehun and Jongin – a photo taken on Jongin’s nineteenth birthday, with both boys holding the same knife to cut the cake together while smiling brightly at the camera. The apartment really did seem like the home of a newly married couple though, noted Sehun wryly as he took another look at the place from his seat on the living room couch.

 

“Please, I wouldn’t marry you even if I was born a girl.” Sehun scoffed, putting down the magazine he was reading.

“But why?” Jongin asked, sitting down on the couch next to Sehun after putting away the groceries in the kitchen.

“For starters, you bully me all the time, along with pranking and being an annoyance. Need I continue?”

 

“But Sehunnie, you like it.” Jongin smirked, giving out a haughty and knowing smirk.

“No I don’t, you are being delusional.” Sehun frowned as he punched the other male on the shoulder.

“I rest my case, you do like it.” Jongin said with a grin before heading back to the kitchen.

 

“I would be crazy if I liked it.” Sehun grumbled under his breath, turning his head to look towards the kitchen area; where Jongin was, with his back facing the younger male. He was sorting the groceries he had bought from the nearby supermarket and while doing so, he was doing a happy little dance, sliding across the floor with a dancer’s grace. God, Jongin is such a doofus, Sehun thought to himself, eyes following the way the elder male’s muscles rippled while dancing.  And then, Jongin suddenly stopped, a goofy grin spreading across his face after he did a slight pirouette.

 

“Did you like my dance, Sehun?”

Crap, he noticed. “I’ve seen old people with walking sticks dance better.”

“I take offense to that!” Jongin gasped dramatically, pretending to faint against a wall.

 

“Grow up, little boy.” Sehun taunted, going back to read his magazine.

I don’t , I really don’t like it.  But I have been friends with Jongin so long already.

So what for am I putting up with his antics?    

 

 

 

--

A/N: because domestic, kiddy maknaes, sehun and jongin is cute. I'm not even sure where I'm going with this story but mostly it's about fluffy, cracky everyday life at school and at home. At least that is what I intend to do, along with relationship developments (with some bumps along the way of course.)