Introduction

I'm straight, I think....

Chapter One

 

 

University.

 

Today was going to be the start of a new chapter in Oh Sehun’s life.

 

And the said male was struck with nervous little jitters since waking up in the morning, with very good reason. Sehun was moving out from home after all, meaning that he had finally taken his first step into adulthood and society; though he still felt very much the same like the boy he was in high school. Soo Man Institution (SMI for short) was the university that Sehun was going to attend really soon, at the end of the month which was in a week’s time. It was a rather new school, just starting operations in year 2010 but it already had a respectable reputation of producing some of the best students in South Korea. Sehun couldn’t believe that SMI had accepted him at the beginning as he nearly ripped the letter of enrolment apart in joy; running to his parents to inform them of the good news after calming down.

 

The joy was cut short however, when Sehun realised that the university was in an inconvenient location. SMI was located in western Seoul, far away from home in eastern Seoul, meaning the pitiful guy had to spend nearly two hours traveling practically across the city state. And that was just the trip to SMI alone, not counting the time needed to return home after dismissal from school. Which was a huge oversight on Sehun’s part, but the university of SMI was too good of a school to pass.  

 

Thus, came the reluctant conclusion by Sehun to move.       

 

Age meant nothing honestly, even after becoming a legal adult for more than a year already, twenty year old Sehun was still unsure and nervous about leaving the lovely family he had been staying with for his whole entire life. Sehun would definitely miss them - the nice meals his mom cooked, the ridiculous jokes his dad cracked and even his younger sister’s teenage sass.

 

“Hunnie ah, are you sure really sure about moving out?” The question sounded again from behind.

“… Yes, Mom I’m really sure.” Sehun paused in packing, turning around to face the kind woman in her late forties.

He could see the shine of unshed tears in her eyes and it almost made him change his mind. Almost, that is.

 

“Mom please, don’t show me that face-” chided Sehun playfully as he moved to give her a tight hug. “I’m an adult who can take care of himself already and I’m still living in Seoul, it’s not as if I had moved to another state. I can easily come back for a visit when I have time.” The motherly figure could only nod silently, letting a lone tear slip down her left cheek. My adorable baby boy is growing up, she thought to herself, tightening the embrace around Sehun. Who will ever know when it would be that Sehun would have time to visit? Weeks, months or even years later? 

 

“Promise me to take care of yourself okay?” She said to her son after letting go, voice faltering slightly when the sight of empty bookshelves and closets met her. Sehun was going away, he was really moving away from home, having packed all of his needed possessions into a luggage bag. “Don’t get into trouble, stay away from bad friends, eat properly, stay healthy, call at least once a week and promise-”

 

“I promise, I promise to do everything.” Assured Sehun gently, feeling guilty about leaving home. But he had to do it now, if not, when would he ever become independent and fly away from his secure home? Taking a deep breath, Sehun turned away from his mother to finish zipping up his luggage bag. “Don’t worry about me…; Jongin would be there to take care of me too.”

 

“And you think that makes me anymore assured? Two kids running around and living in Seoul without supervision? Ah… just thinking about it gives me a headache, just have fun and study well in university. That goes for Jongin too, tell him that if he doesn’t, I am going to call up his parents to give him a good whooping.” 

 

“I will.” Sehun replied simply, chuckling at the mental image of his best friend getting disciplined like a small child, imagine watching a twenty year old being made to face a wall after getting his spanked. Oh god, Sehun would give anything to see Jongin in that situation, it would be the best blackmail material ever! And speaking of said best friend, Sehun’s handphone screen lighted up at the exact time he was mentioned.

 

“Ah, Jongin is reaching soon.” Sehun announced as he read the text message, picking up his luggage bag.

“I love you, tell Dad and Lil Sis I love them too.” Sehun said with finality, moving to hug his mom before leaving.

With a reluctant sigh, the kind woman blinked off her tears, promising as she waved him off.

 

About five minutes later.

 

Hearing an obnoxiously loud shout, Sehun found himself frowning at the equally obnoxiously bright red Hyundai Genesis that stopped at a distance of two houses away. Typical, how typical of him, Sehun huffed in annoyance as he dragged his heavy luggage bag towards the car, stopping to kick the front wheel by the driver’s seat.

 

“Hey! What did you do that for?!” An indignant cry of protest came from the driver, who had his window screen down.

“You’re a horrid douche Jongin, open the boot now or I’m going to enjoy throwing my luggage bag at you.”

“Tsk, can’t I have some fun?” Jongin scoffed as he opened the boot with the press of a button.

 

“Fun, this is fun?” Sehun rolled his eyes as he finished placing his bag into the car boot, moving to take the front seat next to Jongin. “You always stop your car a distance away from me, how is that fun?!” The younger of both twenty year old males snapped, “Is that a best friend thing to do?” Jongin smirked at Sehun’s obvious annoyance, taking delight in that way Sehun looked like a cute, bratty little child when he was mad. “Well, best friends play pranks and make fun of each other, you don’t see me complaining when I’m the victim of your little tricks.”

 

“… Oh, just keep your mouth shut and drive.” Sehun commanded with a punch landing on Jongin’s chest, making the other male give out a cry of protest. And he says he doesn’t complain, hah what a hypocrite, “We still need to get familiar with the area, so hurry up and drive or we’ll get stuck on the road with the oncoming peak hour traffic.” The elder male shot Sehun a glare before placing his hands on the steering wheel to move, “You’re lucky I find you cute Sehun, or I would have kicked you out of my car by now.”

 

“Please, you can’t even land a kick on me even if I am blindfolded.”

“Excuse me? Who was the sickly, pale little kid that always needed protecti-”

“Never heard of him, now drive you ing douchebag.”

 

Sehun never means it when he insults Jongin, it was playful banter, simply something that oddly strengthened their relationship. And he was sure that Jongin knew too, because for a nice guy, he was quite a douchebag as Sehun had always put it simply. Jongin always had the image of an annoying older brother – always being a bully, teasing and playing pranks but caring, sensible when needed, someone who would not hesitate to stand up for you. And Sehun liked that about his best friend, though he would never admit it in his entire life for Jongin would definitely make his life a living hell by playing tricks and pranks everywhere.

 

To be honest, Sehun liked Jongin’s presence. Heck, loved it even. Since elementary school, they had been friends, even during their rebellious teenage years, having spent majority of their lives together, they were the best of friends. So it was no surprise that they were going to the same university of SMI, though taking different courses; with Sehun taking applied drama and arts, Jongin took applied business and management. And likewise, Jongin also had the inconvenience of living far away from school, hence the decision to rent a place with Sehun, with the approval of their parents of course.

 

--

     

“Hmm, ah what?” Sehun mumbled groggily as his shoulder was nudged gently.

“We’re here, sleepy head.” Jongin announced, turning off the engine. “And take your own bag, I’m not helping you.”

With that said, Sehun got off the car to grab his luggage while absorbing the sight of the new environment.

 

It was a simple residential apartment building, nothing too fancy or too expensive for two university students.

“Yah, Oh Sehun! Stop staring into space like an idiot!” Came a shout from Jongin, who was already at the lift lobby.

“I’m not an idiot, you idiot!” Sehun retorted with a frown. Can’t I just take a few seconds to look?

 

This is it, a new chapter in your life, Sehun thought to himself, heading towards Jongin.

 

 

 

 

--

A/N: I am sorry about this chapter, so much awkward everywhere ugh. introduction chapters are always horrid.