Angel

Angel

 

                  The showcase is about to start. It feels weird to be standing out here amongst the fans instead of being by his side. He’s going to debut soon and having a girlfriend is against the rules. If he can wait four long years training day and night for this day, I can wait a few years for his career to settle before we start dating officially. The least I could do is support him and help him reach his dream. I’ll be there for him when antis give him a hard time and when fan girls go too far. No matter what happens, I promise to support and wait for him. Like how he was always there for me I’ll be there for him, his guardian angel.

 

                “AHHHHHHHH!!!!!” Hundreds of fans began to scream as the music to History started to play. I know this song by heart already, every lyric, every beat, every harmony and even the choreography. The boys worked so hard for this day, I can feel the tears threatening to fall already. They did it.

 

                “Listen, neukkil su inni? Nae simjangi ttwijireul anha.”  As Kai began to sing I sang along with the fans. The happiness on Kai’s face brought a smile on mine as well, that kid always pushed through no matter how tough it was. From his back pains to living a life that was different from his peers Kai had a life that was extremely difficult but he never gave up. This was his time, their time.  Even though I can’t be a part of it with them backstage, I’m glad that I can at least support them by being here.

 

                As the showcase carried on I couldn’t help but smile at how shy the boys were, they’re the same dorky guys on and off stage. I’m glad the fans like them for who they are, love them the way they are.  Their introductions are bringing about a lot of laughter and screams from the fans; Chanyeol is being his usual cheeky self and like always, D.O seem to be having trouble controlling his facial expressions. The introductions were completed and the interview carried on with the some aegyo from the maknae line. I wonder how they’re feeling right now.

 

                Questions were asked and Kris wanted to answer a specific question about a memorable moment in his life. “Ah, let me answer this question. I’m the leader of EXO M, Kris. Today is a very special moment for me because I was able to spend a great time with EXO members and fans.” That did it; the tears I’ve been holding back are pouring down my face. He’s finally living his dream; no words can express how happy I am to hear the amount of fans cheering for him. The struggles he had with singing lessons, dancing lessons, and learning a new language are paying off. I still remember our late night phone calls with him doing nothing but cry on the other end about how hard being a trainee was or the times when I would sneak into the practice rooms and bring the boys food or just stay around to cheer them up. I know it wasn’t much but knowing that I was able to be there to support him and his friends make me feel like I have done something right with this life of mine.

 

                The showcase is coming to an end, and I can see that Suho is holding back his tears. He and Kris have immense responsibilities as the leaders of EXO K and EXO M, and I’m sure the two of them will do just fine. No, they’ll do a perfect job. It feels like it was only yesterday when I had visited them during one of their practices when Kris told me about the news. The two of them were excited but terrified at the same time. They were worried that they weren’t fit for the job, but seeing how the two of them lead their respective groups tonight, they shouldn’t feel worried anymore.

 

                The showcase is over and some fans started to head home while others waited outside, hoping to catch a glimpse of their idols. As the performance hall emptied I looked around the stage my boys performed on again before I headed out as well.